Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[BLUE] Arena Season 8 Ending Soon

Originally Posted by http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=27026472909
    We are currently planning to end Arena Season 8 as early as October 12. At that point we will go through our normal process to determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards. This process should take approximately one week. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for the Arena-specific titles and/or the Relentless Gladiator’s Frostwyrm to refrain from transferring their character to another realm until after Arena Season 8 ends.

The next Arena Season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the official launch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. During the break between seasons, all rated matches will be turned off and only skirmishes will be available. All Team Ratings, Personal Rating, and Arena Points will be wiped when Arena Season 9 begins, but Matchmaking Rating and Honor Points converted to the new currency system will remain.
    Well, wow. Look at that, a 2-week notice. As planned.

Well, we have our likely patch date now.

10+ Year Old Account
    ZOMG CATA IZ COMING IN nOV3MB3R

But in all seriousness. I doubt that Cata will come in December, and I think that it will be released mid-November.
    Think about it, patch 4.0 is on October 12 or the 19. That means we have around a month to play with the Cataclysm event, and the world changes. Makes perfect sense IMO.

Also, InB4 BOOB WAS WRONG.
    Last edited by dranx; 2010-09-29 at 12:30 AM.

This proves a December release isn't going to happen, looks like the November release is almost certain now.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post

But in all seriousness. I doubt that Cata will come in December, and I think that it will be released mid-November.
    Think about it, patch 4.0 is on October 12 or the 19. That means we have around a month to play with the Cataclysm event, and the world changes. Makes perfect sense IMO.

Pointless to speculate for now

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    This proves a December release isn't going to happen, looks like the November release is almost certain now.
    no it doesnt, he makes no indication how long the break between seasons would be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdrsrow View Post
    Pointless to speculate for now
    And why is that?

Agree the patch is probably October 12. Doesn't necessarily mean Cata is certainly November but it increases the likelihood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    No, this actually says nothing about the release date of Cataclysm because Blizzard has never done a double-patch cycle on an expansion release before.

They could release 4.0.3 in mid-November and launch Cataclysm in early December easily.

If anything, such a late date in October -decreases- the likelihood of a November release.

Boub would not have posted the December information on the front page if he wasn't sure it had been changed. He HATES being wrong from what I've seen on IRC, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdrsrow View Post
    no it doesnt, he makes no indication how long the break between seasons would be
    Yea I care more about the patch date than the expansion coming out, need time to test out specs across 8 different toons, figure out what works what doesn't, what will probably be OP and what will be weaksauce

Sweet Jesus. Patch day is right around the corner.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

question.

how long are breaks between season usually?
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    Sweet Jesus. Patch day is right around the corner.
    Indeed. The question is, with the arena calculations taking one week to do, are they going to patch on Oct 12th or Oct 19th?

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    question.

how long are breaks between season usually?
    Usually just a week. Between expansions, it varies. Wrath of the Lich King's season break lasted over a month and a half past its launch, totaling nearly 3 months.

Boobs are always right
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diox990 View Post
    Boobs are always right
    No, half of them are left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    No, half of them are left.
    I lol'd XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Usually a week or 2 i think. That doesn't mean that Cata will be out 2 weeks after 4.0.1 though
    well no i was wondering cause all i do on live now is areana for a few hrs with a friend...
    and since bg ques are so long....
    pve content is deadly boring....

i have no reason to log onto live now... sad days
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

15+ Year Old Account

No. Just no.

1. Patch 4.0.1 does not have the world changes, that's a second patch, 4.0.3.
    2. By your own logic, this means we have a month to play around with the Cataclysm event, and then another month to play around with the world changes.
    3. December. Boub hates being wrong and would -not- have updated the date without really solid evidence.

4.0.1 will almost definitely drop on the 12th of October. This will trigger the first of the pre-expansion events. We do not know how long each phase will be active before the next phase begins, but I expect the whole thing to take several weeks, at least lasting through the end of Hallow's End.

On October 19th, they will award everyone with their Arena titles/rewards. Assuming the treat it the same way they did two years ago, you will still be able to accumulate ratings and points to buy gear, but they won't count towards any sort of title/rewards.

4.0.3 will most likely drop shortly after the end of Hallow's End sometime between the 2nd and 16th.

Cataclysm will then be released shortly after Thanksgiving. Most likely the 7th or 16th. Maybe as early as the 30th (but I doubt it).

Season 9 starting 1 week after cataclysm launches, thats not a lot of time to gear up and get ready :x