Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red face sheep useless in cata?

hello boys

with every healer able to dispel magic, and no way to cover it any more. sheep seems to by kinda useless - going from the stronges CC to the weakest is kinda wied to me..

how do u see it.. and how will u cover the sheep best possible??

Deleted
    ^^^^^^ Assuming that the healer will always have mana and not be CCed himself

You CC the one that dispells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof View Post
    I thought this was obvious.

It's like sheeping a druid,
    or sapping a warrior,
    or fearing a shaman .. oh wait.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    I thought this was obvious.

It's like sheeping a druid,
    or sapping a warrior,
    or fearing a shaman .. oh wait.
    I heard that sap = sheep.
    I heard that fear = sheep.

L2pvp please before you make retarded comments. No, you can't sheep a druid, but you can stun a druid. Deep freeze is hard. You can "kill" totems, you can purge, you can spellsteal. There is more to pvp then you think, and your utterly useless and stupid comments isn't a good way to reach the top. Keep trying tho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

L2pvp please before you make retarded comments. No, you can't sheep a druid, but you can stun a druid. Deep freeze is hard. You can "kill" totems, you can purge, you can spellsteal. There is more to pvp then you think, and your utterly useless and stupid comments isn't a good way to reach the top. Keep trying tho!
    Nice sarcasm detection.

Deleted
    Kpoof fails to detect sarcasm for massive 9k crit.

OT: So no sheep is in no way useless. Also if u sheep while the healer is around 10% hp or something then chances are he has better things 2 think about than (at least in his mind) that dispelling his team m8. So if your double dps and they are gonna get a cross kill if u dont sheep then sheep is ur friend.

Quote Originally Posted by tidebajohn View Post
    hello boys

with every healer able to dispel magic, and no way to cover it any more. sheep seems to by kinda useless - going from the stronges CC to the weakest is kinda wied to me..

how do u see it.. and how will u cover the sheep best possible??
    I play pally, I've been dispelling sheep for ages.

About time, mages have been the undisputed best CCers in the game for years, a little nerf every now and then is probably about right to help with extra survivability you've got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this.

Lol at fail....
    Meh

druids can't remove magic, right? you can still sheep his warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr View Post

ofc they can - plz have a little undestanding for the classes before posting

Deleted

Druids are no longer immune to polymorph while shapeshifted now on beta.

Polymorph has always been dispellable...
    And since when is it the "Strongest" CC?

There isn't a "Strongest"
    Ie... Sap can't be dispelled, but you have to be in stealth and melee range to use it.
    Hunters (Survival) have sleep and trap, but both on a cooldown.
    Make more sense please.
    To answer your question:
    No.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muug View Post
    Nice sarcasm detection.
    Whoa indeed.

I rest my case to prevent further embarrassment to you Kpoof

---------- Post added 2010-10-12 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr View Post
    Every healer (disc, holy, holy, resto, resto) can remove magic debuffs in cataclysm.

Edit:

They also said that they wanted dispelling to cost a truck of mana. So this might open up opportunities to have the healer burn off mana in a new fashion (since dispel-spamming will be out of the question)
    Last edited by Baabinator; 2010-10-11 at 12:47 PM.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

acually droods heales are not in treeform anymore so u can sheep them yes just to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerjoe View Post
    acually droods heales are not in treeform anymore so u can sheep them yes just to clarify
    Even if they were in tree form, druids are not immune to polymorph as of some patches ago on beta

EDIT; nevermind, they are still immune to poly when shapeshifted, it just doesn't remove the poly when they shapeshift
    Last edited by thresh; 2010-10-11 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    Only resto druids can dispel magic, but animal forms are immun to poly. They can run while being immune but if they want to heal they become vulnerable. Healers will heal sometime. If they are polymorphed they cannot shift till that fades. However all the magic cc will be crappy in any group where there are more than 1 healer. It will be hard to hold them up for more than a few sec.