Thread: Consecration

Consecration

A signature ability of the Pally seems to have turned in a flyer spell. Due to its high cost its now extremely situational.When glyphed in Wrath it was a tool to reduce cd clash for ret. Maybe model close to DnD 'can crit, high threat move or allow it to slow players like desecration. My ret kinda feels like WonderWoman wielding a A golden lasso on Ptr

10+ Year Old Account
    It is just as situnational as every other AoE move in PTR.

Huh?

I will try to post on Topic, but I am not sure what point you are trying to make, so if a mod wants to ban me for being Off topic, please, have mercy =P

Yes it is very situational. It is meant to be for Protection paladins to grab threat - they have a talent to reduce the mana cost. It isn't really meant to be used for damage by Retribution players anymore, because they have many other abilities to use, and Blizz are trying to cut down on the Aoe...

So yeah I think that was on topic... *Waits.*

It's supposed to be undisirable in single target combat, which it very much is now, it was already pretty much useless in pvp so no loss there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Consecrate isn't worth using in rotation for 2 reasons. 1. If you use it you put yourself at a negative on supporting the raid/group in any way shape or form. 2. It's not worth the cost:damage ratio in any way shape or form even with a pack of mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

i still say consecrate should remove any desecrations that touch its radius

I always wanted a holy talent for it to heal whoever stood on it ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    I always wanted a holy talent for it to heal whoever stood on it ;]
    yep. maybe something called Chakra would make you very very unhappy

Death and Decay costs half your runes and has a 30 second cooldown. Quit crying that you can't just spam a button for 10 seconds and see eveything around you die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    On my PTR dummy testing I was able to use consecration whenever it was off CD and I had a free global. My mana would drop to around 50% and be back at full by the time another opportunity to use it came along. I had it glyphed simply because I had no other glyphs on that slot (not a premade char and no glyphs on the AH.)

So yeah I'm not entirely sure what Requital was getting at, sure the damage is pathetic but there are plenty of free globals and pathetic damage is better than no damage.

I am not sure if the increased mana cost of stuff like CS has been implemented on the PTR, so you may not have the mana by the time cata ships. Also I wouldn't do it on anything less than 90% mana lest you run into mana problems, but if things remain as they are on PTR I don't see why I wouldn't get a couple of casts off per boss.
    The issue is in a real raiding environment you don't just stand there. Between that 50% mana drop and a small heal here and there you will put yourself in a dangerous spot if you do actually need to help with something. I'm not saying you will but for the absolute trash amount of damage it does waste of time imo.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

It's Holy Wrath 2.0 - Horrible mana cost, weak damage and only really worth using as a filler against more than 5 mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It's Holy Wrath 2.0 - Horrible mana cost, weak damage and only really worth using as a filler against more than 5 mobs.
    Yup we needed a new ability, HW/Cons are AE abilities we needed an additional filler that wasn't using a shitty AE ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo mama's so dumb she stared at her paladin's spell book because it said "consecrate".

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Yup we needed a new ability, HW/Cons are AE abilities we needed an additional filler that wasn't using a shitty AE ability.
    They wanted HW to be a filler for our single target dps, and its useful because it can proc additional holy power. On average you get two globals in between each CS, Cons can be used to fill in instead of just standing there.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.