Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhara View Post
    SV most likely will be pure agi since it benefits for passive and the personal buff.
    This. I'd imagine that SV will want to forgo socket bonuses (except for 1 yellow for meta, of course) because you get +25% agility.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    This. I'd imagine that SV will want to forgo socket bonuses (except for 1 yellow for meta, of course) because you get +25% agility.
    What meta are you looking at for Survival? Relentless Earthsiege (21 Agi, 3% crit damage) requires a red, blue and yellow gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Moyotoshi View Post
    What meta are you looking at for Survival? Relentless Earthsiege (21 Agi, 3% crit damage) requires a red, blue and yellow gem.
    Relentless Earthsiege, of course. I'm assuming everyone will have at least 1 blue gem for hit rating.

Good post. I'm excited for tomorrow and being able to reforge H DBW and H WFS to some Mastery, if that ends up being the ideal DPS situation.

I still think there is zero chance that the 245/258 weapons end up being more DPS than the 271/277 stuff. Just seems like too huge a bug not to have been fixed in their internal builds of the PTR.

Not sure if anyone asked yet, but I had a question in regards to a talent you took in your example specs.

First tier of BM, improved Aspect of the Hawk. Currently it also improves Dragonhawk. But all the 4.0 trees
    say that it only affects Aspect of the Hawk. Is that now a talent we shouldn't actually take or should we be
    in Hawk instead of Dragonhawk?

One with Nature Rank 3
    Increases the attack power bonus of your Aspect of the Hawk by 30%, and increases the amount of focus restored by your Aspect of the Fox by 3.

Aspect of the Dragonhawk was removed along with Aspect of the Monkey and Viper.

dragonhawk is gone along with viper, monkey, and beast aspects. all we have left is hawk, cheetah, pack, and wild with fox coming at 83 iirc.

reason for this iirc is the dodge ratings are changing and we should have more dodge at 80 which negates the need for the monkey portion of dragonhawk.

Thanks. Thought up of two more questions, though :P

Currently, I'm an MM with a wolf pet. With these new pet abilities, do any non exotics stick out as being an overall best choice for dps?

And also, as MM, I tried to stay above 30% ArP. Most came straight from gear, but now that they're removing it, what percentage should I be aiming for now?

I'll be the first to admit, all these changes are definitely going way over my head! >.<

To Arinane above:

(1) All ferocity pets will give you the same DPS (they got normalized). So, bring the pet for a buff that your group doesn't have, or bring whichever one you like the most. For AoE fights, I've heard Worms and Chimeras are best, but short of that, go with whatever.

(2) ArP is gone. That means you will have none. Therefore, you will have no percentage of ArP and will never be able to gain ArP through gear.

ArP is gone. the best pet is the pet that brings a buff your raid doesn't have. if all bufs are covered bring what you like most although all ferocity pets will do slightly more damage than cunning pets which will in turn do more damage than tenacity pets.

Realized I had misread something in the OP about ArP lol

So, it says that all AP will be removed from gear as well. But that we'll still get AP from agility? Does this mean they won't be removing AP entirely until Cataclysm? With AP from gear gone, and just ArP gone completely, this makes me worry that my dps might not be able to keep up with the rest of the raid.

Before, as MM I gemmed for straight agility (aside from meeting meta requirements). Not for any reason, I just thought it was probably a good idea lol

Is there another stat I should focus on? Crit and haste seem to be more important now. Any ideas on what percent to keep those above?

Quote Originally Posted by Arinane View Post
    Realized I had misread something in the OP about ArP lol

So, it says that all AP will be removed from gear as well. But that we'll still get AP from agility? Does this mean they won't be removing AP entirely until Cataclysm? With AP from gear gone, and just ArP gone completely, this makes me worry that my dps might not be able to keep up with the rest of the raid.

Before, as MM I gemmed for straight agility (aside from meeting meta requirements). Not for any reason, I just thought it was probably a good idea lol

Is there another stat I should focus on? Crit and haste seem to be more important now. Any ideas on what percent to keep those above?
    It's not just us affected by the loss of ArPen and AP.. Every single piece of gear in the entire game has been redesigned to work within the new system that is being implemented in Cataclysm.
    Every single piece of gear that had ArPen on it will have that stat replaced with crit/haste.
    Every single piece of armor in the game has had the AP stat removed and merged into the appropriate dps stat (STR or AGI, depending on plate/mail/leather.)
    For that matter, every single piece of armor in the game that had the spellpower stat has had that removed and merged into INT.
    Honestly, I don't remember if AP will be remaining on weapons or not, but I know that spellpower is for caster weapons /shrug.

I plan to gem for AGI>haste/crit until the xpac actually drops. Seems a safe way to go for now until our favorite eggheads crunch the new numbers and tell us all how we should play if we don't want to suck. >.>

For now, I suggest we all get out there and start filling up our stables with useful pets <,< Don't be surprised if your raid leader has no clue about how our class works now, or if he/she requests that you bring certain pets along for certain fights or based on raid comp.

Get used to being the guild's toolbox ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are serious about that changes and how the effect you, I suggest you read

A: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com

B: EJ

Before you logon to raid tommorow. I know for my guild it's basically expected you know your shit and come prepared.

Wanted to add 2 things:

1. Glyph of Arcane Shot is currently of little value to SV since it's the most focus starved and ArcS gets cast very rarely. Glyph of SteadyS (or Serpent possibly) until we get CoS is what SV's will want to use.

2. Glyph of Mending will almost certainly be an important option for BM as a major glyph since now more than half our dps rests on our pet being alive. New mend pet is well worth casting when necessary and helps out heals too in new raiding model.

*Disregard this part. I made an Error but will keep for speculation purposes. (I wasn't using CDs, including BW -_-*....)
    3. This may be a bug will need to see final results 4.0, but mastery seems to be underperforming for BM. Even after the initial nerf it was still worth the reforging off excess crit to mastery; however, recently, a possible stealth nerf to fix the double dipping of KC crit (was a bug) may have been put in. My tests aren't conclusive, but I have tested higher dps lately leaving gear as is, crit being extremely useful for procs as a BM.

Also:
    Regarding pet choice for soloing/solo dps purposes:
    1. Cats/SBs (Appear to give the most bang for the buck with the Str/Agi buff. Of course once covered obviously pointless.)
    2. This depends on spec, but:
    (MM)Raptors are a close second > wolf > ravager* or hyena* *(better cunning vs ferocity)
    (SV)Wolf > dragonhawk*/wind serpent* *(cunning)
    (BM)Corehound(BL/Hero)> devilsaur > ravager or worm* *(cunning vs tenacity w/ aoe)
    Last edited by SpacemaNxSPIFF88; 2010-10-12 at 09:19 AM.

Am I the only one wondering what CoS is when EJ are talking about it?

Only thing I can think of is Cobra Shot, but why would cobra shot be part of the MM prio list

EDIT: Nvm reading comprehension fail

what should be reforged to mastery if you are very close to bis gear? Haste or crit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffi View Post
    what should be reforged to mastery if you are very close to bis gear? Haste or crit?
    Crit. Haste > Crit. besides that, you'll have tons of crit with these changes.

how much dmg does explo trap do as MM, and is it worth replacing an AS with a trap launcher + explo combo?

All the tests I have run as BM shows srpt sting to be a DPS loss as BM since you can fire off two arcane shots off for basic the same focus cost and get more damage out of it. At 80 at least.

How about this Spec as a MM for LVL 80 http://wowtal.com/#k=-wlqjZEM.a5o.hunter.

And this at LVL 85 http://wowtal.com/#k=pwl-jB4q.a5o.hunter.

Any thoughts??
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.