Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    winner
    Hahahaha.. Oh wow.
    Level 85 Illithid Mage.

Deleted
    Frost is feeling really low on the DPS front. Our Obliterates aren't working correctly plus Icy Talons is making runes take longer to regenerate. I hope a fix is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    Ok, my spec for raid dps is reapingless unholy. Now I respecced unholy again and we went to togc 10 just to test our our new specs.

What I discovered is that I was doing shitty dps compared to what I used to. The mage and lock were melting the dps meter with 14k each, the rogue was pulling 8k and I was barely at 7k. That's ridiculous. Unholy is now also the hardest build to dps with, as reaping is baseline so you now have to watchout so you don't waste death runes on crap, as well as timing your festering strike to renew the diseases before they run out . The rotation has changed too.

After the raid, I gave frost 2handed a shot and I did way superior dps to unholy on the heroic dummy, not to mention it was way more fun. I would even say frost now encourages "facerolling", as it's way way easier than unholy in pve.

So, after months of unholy, I'm going frost 2handed for pve.
    You have to be doing something wrong, for me after spending about 4-5 hours on tweaking my gear/gems and spec i found that I'm actually doing more dps than I was pre-patch. Unholy isn't the mind-numbingly simple rotation that it used to be. You do have to pay attention to quite a few things in your rotation and play a bit smarter to dps well now, it isnt terribly hard though. Once I fixed everything and made a few macros i found that I was doing a solid 11-12k on the dummy. Heroics I was doing 7k on trash and up to 14k on bosses. I suggest you look through some forums, there's a great thread in elitistjerks on 4.0 dk's and a few other informative ones in the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    I'm unholy with 50% disease damage increased by mastery, spread that from anub to every single add before he submerges, crit spam from diseases and disease damage everywhere.
    mastery is -besides expertise- the worst stat for unholy and judging from your armory link (fail gemming, fail gear choices) you are not even doing half of the dps you pretend...

@topic
    unholy is much more demanding to play than in 3.3.5 but dps seems overall ok, atleast compared to other melees... casters are of the roof at the moment, my elemental shaman alt with 251/264-mix does nearly equal damage as my dk which is only missing 3 items from complete BiS gear.
    the problem with unholy is, that, with good gear and especially a high amount of haste, you are even more gcd capped than before 4.0.1 because runes refresh very quickly.
    and with the 1 sec gcd you are really constantly mashing buttons... my left hand did hurt after playing 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    Cause in 10 men you have oh so many more buffs than in 5 men. You would pull 8k tops in 10 men.
    Even if that's true (it's not) that's more than you were doing, so I say again, you must have no idea what you're doing.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I wasn't in tonight's raid, so I can't give a personal benchmark, but the other SM dk w/ pretty much the exact same gear did 20.5k dps, so we're certainly not broken. If you want to feel entitled to complain about how broken your damage is, go reroll a ret pally or fury warrior. The only thing you're allowed to complain about right now is how much button mashing we have to do, and how button mashing isn't even possible since the ability que screws us over.

Deleted
    I pulled an overall of 9.2k dps in PoS heroic, and I'm doing 10.5k on boss dummies. This is with reforging expertise/crit to haste. The rotation doesnt require a lot of thought. Hell, it's going way too fast to put any thought in it, just put up diseases and mash SS or FeS, whichever pops up first, to do this Takes quite some time till ebon plague drops off and you have to actually refresh ps/it (or that is me failing with runes afterall )

Deleted
    Not going to post numbers just as everyone else, to begin with I hope you go improved unholy pres and using it. Seen a lot of retarded(yes really retarded) unholy DKs that still go Frost presence. The next thing you want to do is learn about festering strike(Also seems like something really hard for UH DKs to find..). Then you fix as much haste as possible from reforging and gear while still maintaining a hit cap and a decent expertise lvl. If you have done this and glyphed SS, Raise dead and Death coil you can't be that low.

Now just prio Diseases up -> Pet transform -> Death Coil and then all your unholy/death runes are SS and the frost/blood runes are festering strikes.

Your diseases will have an uptime of around 3.5-4 min each time because of the festering strikes and your SS hits like a truck with the glyph. Follow this and you will be doing better DPS then you are right now, I will once again not talk about numbers since it seems so lame to post numbers without backing it up with anything. Got vids from PTR on my youtube channel if you want to see numbers without reforging http://www.youtube.com/user/Nidhogg1234

Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.
    Chill of the Throne reduced player dodge by 20%. You're thinking about the buff from Varian and Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    I'm unholy with 50% disease damage increased by mastery, spread that from anub to every single add before he submerges, crit spam from diseases and disease damage everywhere.
    You also said (in another thread) that you started dps in prost pres. and switched as soon as you got your ghoul to DT which is not optimal.

I am pretty sure that you are talking a bit shit here.'

On Topic.

As most have already said, We are even more GCD-capped now than before as Unholy with all the haste and improved UHP. I really like the new prio-systembut havent raidtested it yet. Just did a TOC10 yesterday for a bit of testing but Anub died so fast it wasnt even funny, our mage did 30k etc.
    Last edited by Slagge; 2010-10-14 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pull about 7-8K in Heroics, overall. Abit more on trash, and abit less on single target.
    Using the Frost 2hand specc from Elitist Jerks, and I've reforged all the crit (or haste if there is no crit on the item) to mastery. I hit like a truck. Obliterate around 25-30K, and Howling Blast for about 15k.

I was doing:

8k average in 5-Mans
    10k average in 10-Mans
    12k average on 25-mans

The other Unholy in the guild and I were pulling about the same as our 2H Frosty with a Shadowmourne, I have Bryntroll (Heroic) and he had Cryptmaker (Heroic).

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkit View Post
    I feel like you're trolling, Waelcyrie. You're posting in every thread about your 50% increased disease damage... 50% increase on 2k is only 3k per disease (just pulling numbers out of my ass). It's already been mathematically proven that Mastery is terrible as unholy. Also, no class can pull 29k single target in TOGC. Or AOE, for that matter.
    Actually...I switched my mage to arcane on the last fight in ToGC and pulled above 29k with wild magic, all CDs blood lust and all that happy stuff...I admit all I did was spam arcane blast =\

You clearly can't play your class right if you're doing that bad.