Deleted

So intellect = spell power now?

Shadowpriest question

I haven't played my priest for about a year but do we have a talent which converts some of our int into SP or did they change this in 4.0.1 so that int automatically gives spell power now?

I'm guessing we should be gemming for int now then? and is it our most important stat on gear now too?

Your Int = SP now except for the first 10 points of Int. So if you have 3276 Int, it will give you 3266 SP. SP can still be found on weapons and enchants but has removed from all other pieces of equipment.

Try not to think of Int as being equal to SP. Int increases SP in a 1:1 ratio, but should always be considered a superior stat due to increases in critical rate and longevity. If you think of SP and Int as equal it will throw off upgrade calculations on your gear as the scale factor for Int is higher than SP.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no spoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Your Int = SP now except for the first 10 points of Int. So if you have 3276 Int, it will give you 3266 SP. SP can still be found on weapons and enchants but has removed from all other pieces of equipment.
    so its a 1:1 ratio??? becuase thats nice to know. I'm looking at items and have been wondering what the ratio is.

For that matter spirit should be considered hit rating.The conversion rate is 1:1 and arguably that makes spirit slightly superior due to the other benefits of the stat.

Deleted
    Yes, its a 1:1 RATIO.

tho, i prefer Haste > spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    For that matter spirit should be considered hit rating.The conversion rate is 1:1 and arguably that makes spirit slightly superior due to the other benefits of the stat.
    Shadow Priests don't gain anything other than hit from Spirit apart from maybe some out of combat regen, since we have no Meditation as DPS, although it does make offset gear easily interchangeable with DPS gear for us.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

gem intell and haste. ignore gem bonuses if the piece require a blue gem. reforge everything to haste or crit. stop stacking spirit if ur hit capped. if u are hit capped but still need blue gems for your meta, get int+stam.

Well considering it for gemming or enchanting, the ratio is
    1:1.15 if specced Discipline, since Disc gain 15% extra int