CS + filler vs. CS + filler + filler WITHOUT 3.0 CS

Everywhere in the ret paladins threads it is written that we must stack haste for omfg dps. But where is it from? From some ideally math simulations? Is it worth it in the real game? And what if you do not have enough haste for 3.0sec CS?

I have pretty average gear so i can not get 3sec CS, and i've done some testing:

1) Judgements of the pure (+9% haste) in talents, reforged to haste. CS cd: ~3.35. Spent some time hittng a dummy (about 4M each test)
    1a) CS + filler = to much free time when i am waiting for next CS and too much time, when not used fillers are off from cd = wasted dps.
    average dps = 7.3k on dummy

1b) CS + filler + filler = better, but: CS finishes his gcd and i am using something else for keeping cs-f-f rotation
    average dps = ~7.5k on dummy

2) Seals of the pure (+12% seal) in talents, reforged haste to crit. CS cd: ~3.9
    CS + filler + filler = very nice, all timed almost perfectly. everything is on cd + (rarely)some free time when every filler is on CD.
    average dps = ~7.5k-7.6k on dummy

So, in my case with both setups 2 fillers work better than 1. Even if dps gain on 2) over 1b) is not so much(or just illusion from RNG), i can say that 2) is more harmoniously and you are dpsing in "flow" if you understand me )

even if results of dpsing are just RNG-joke, dps without haste is NOT lower than dpsing with haste

// TLDR: haste suck

ps: sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by Aldoran; 2010-10-15 at 11:47 PM.
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    // TLDR: haste suck
    That's why i'm at Haste soft cap (1019 haste unbuffed), hit/exp cap, that i pull only 10.5k dps unbuffed on a dummy ?

Sorry but numbers taken out of your ass aren't proofs (else go tell EJ that they are math scrubs, see their answer).

The point of haste is to reach the 3sec CD on CS, if you can't reach this cap, then yes, haste sux because you either have CS waiting (CS-F-F-CS), or gaps in between your two CS (CS-F-wait-CS).

even if your CS cooldown is not at the 3 second mark, it is not worth it to include a 2nd filler between CS. not only are TV and CS currently our 2 hardest hittingh abilities, both judgement and HW hit like wet noodles.

That's why i'm at Haste soft cap (1019 haste unbuffed), hit/exp cap, that i pull only 10.5k dps unbuffed on a dummy ?

Sorry but numbers taken out of your ass aren't proofs (else go tell EJ that they are math scrubs, see their answer).
    as i said i am 251ilvl geared mostly, so not surpizing. And basing on my tests haste is not so good, on low gear lvl.

The point of haste is to reach the 3sec CD on CS, if you can't reach this cap, then yes, haste sux because you either have CS waiting (CS-F-F-CS), or gaps in between your two CS (CS-F-wait-CS).
    yah, that was a question beyond my post. So it is true, not just my illusion.

even if your CS cooldown is not at the 3 second mark, it is not worth it to include a 2nd filler between CS. not only are TV and CS currently our 2 hardest hittingh abilities, both judgement and HW hit like wet noodles.
    but if i am not including 2nd filler - lots of fillers are idle off from cd AND i am waiting=wasting dps after: CS-f-<delay>
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    but if i am not including 2nd filler - lots of fillers are idle off from cd AND i am waiting=wasting dps after: CS-f-<delay>
    then don't aim for haste at all, 200-300 haste from gear will be more than enough to give a shortened CS CD to use a little earlier than 4,5sec.

IE:
    0- CS
    1,5- filler 1(because our fillers nearly all benefit from haste, the spell GCD is reduced by a little margin, to something like 1,4sec)
    2,9- filler 2
    4,3- CS

in this case, having CS CD reduced a bit help you using it right after the 2nd filler and without waiting (waiting something like 0,1-0,2sec). Difference is not huge, but well, it's a dps gain, that's why at lower level of haste: crit ~= haste.