15+ Year Old Account
    iv looked into this issue a while back and i found it extremly hard ot reproduce becase of the fast energy regeneration.
    however this tooltip is there since i think 4.1 in the mainwhile we had several patches in witch tooltips where fixed but this tooltip was never chanced witch makes me believe it realy does use up 35 extra energy.

the truth is if it does use up 35 extra energy the DPE of the attack goes down down when you burn extra energy on it
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    I'm hoping that when the NDA for the press tour is lifted that this thread will go back to actual discussions and not pointing people towards the correct information that has already been posted and loot QQ (3rd HC Vial dropped this week, it still wasn't mine GRRR). I'm getting ready for some MoP kitty discussions! Can you say AoE rotation? I know I can.

Actually I don't think I asked an unfair question about the Cat guide, seeing that is still lists stat weights based on T12 and is only updated to fit T13 in some sections. In any case, your post didn't really add to any discussion either did it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but can feral kittys go bear and get the buff from Thrall on N/H Ultraxion, as of right now? or did they fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but can feral kittys go bear and get the buff from Thrall on N/H Ultraxion, as of right now? or did they fix it?
    It's still there, unless it was changed with this week's maintenance. If you're in bear form when that buff is applied (it's about 10 seconds into the fight) you'll carry it for the duration.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    So if you are in cat form and use survival instincts you still get the CD reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Actually I don't think I asked an unfair question about the Cat guide, seeing that is still lists stat weights based on T12 and is only updated to fit T13 in some sections. In any case, your post didn't really add to any discussion either did it?
    Main T13 changes are on top of the post, including stat priorities (although not weights), but to get the most accurate answer, you should simulate your own character with mew as stat weights change as your gear changes and also depending on the boss that you're progressing on, if you want to min/max.
    Although you might also want to read this post before looking too hard into stat weights - http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopi...ilit=RSV#p3129

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obblivion View Post
    Main T13 changes are on top of the post, including stat priorities (although not weights), but to get the most accurate answer, you should simulate your own character with mew as stat weights change as your gear changes and also depending on the boss that you're progressing on, if you want to min/max.
    Although you might also want to read this post before looking too hard into stat weights - http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopi...ilit=RSV#p3129
    As I said in my initial post, Cat is my OS and the gear I have for that is ilvl 399 but the itemization rather bad on several pieces. I might as well be honest and say, that I probably won't be min/maxing for my OS. Mostly because I only get what gear I can't use for Bear and the gear our Hunter doesn't want either. So it was just more to get back in the game when it comes to stat weights.

I'll check out thefluiddruid ty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    So if you are in cat form and use survival instincts you still get the CD reduction?
    yes

all players in a tank spec get the buff about 8 seconds into the fight when trall does his emote like "shield those last defenders of azeroth", feral is both a tank and a dps spec that why blizzard checks wheter or not we are in bearform at that verry moment.

so a simpel way is to stay in bearform until you get the buff and then you goto catform and the cooldowns on barkskin & SI is halfed and the duration doubled (for examnple barkskin lasts 24 seconds on a 30 sec cooldown)
    Also if you have to soak Hour of Twilight you can still goto bear and the cooldown on your Enrage & Frenzy regenerations are also halfed and thier duration doubled.

for HC ultraxion its verry usefull to have a feral druid goto bearform ~18 seconds before the last Hour of Twilight and then use Frenzy Regeneration whit the the +30% healing glypth at about 3 seconds before the Hour of Twilight this gives all healing done an extra 30% boost and after the Hour of Twilight just stay in bear and the 30% healing buff will stay active for the remianing 30 seconds of the fight
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    yes
    so a simpel way is to stay in bearform until you get the buff and then you goto catform (...)
    for HC ultraxion its verry usefull to have a feral druid goto bearform ~18 seconds before the last Hour of Twilight and then use Frenzy Regeneration whit the the +30% healing glypth at about 3 seconds before the Hour of Twilight this gives all healing done an extra 30% boost and after the Hour of Twilight just stay in bear and the 30% healing buff will stay active for the remianing 30 seconds of the fight
    2cents from me:
    You don't need to start in bear and wait till you get buff. Just switch a second before "shield them" quote and then switch again. The other thing about frenzied - if you need to apply buff to group - stay ~18sec and apply. As far as i know, the buff is applied to the whole raid and persists after you switch back into cat. Only the buff caster - in that case, you, loose this buff but you can still dps the rest of the fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micoz View Post
    2cents from me:
    You don't need to start in bear and wait till you get buff. Just switch a second before "shield them" quote and then switch again. The other thing about frenzied - if you need to apply buff to group - stay ~18sec and apply. As far as i know, the buff is applied to the whole raid and persists after you switch back into cat. Only the buff caster - in that case, you, loose this buff but you can still dps the rest of the fight.
    i am quite sure the buff gets dropped when you switch back to cat
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    It doesn't. FR itself fades, but the raidbuff on the rest stays. (this goes for glyphed FR at least, not 100% sure about unglyphed)
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-03-14 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    It doesn't. FR itself fades, but the raidbuff on the rest stays. (this goes for glyphed FR at least, not 100% sure about unglyphed)
    Ofc we meant glyphed, as Elunedra mentioned enhanced healing not raid self heal, the unglyphed version does drop when switched, the raid buff with glyphed does not.

15+ Year Old Account
    oke intresting, thanks for the info
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Micoz View Post
    2cents from me:
    You don't need to start in bear and wait till you get buff.
    He never said that. He said that it's a simple way of doing it, and it is. I'd rather play safe and be certain to get the buff than trying to switch the second before the line appears, which might end up in accidentally changing too late and not receiving the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    iv looked into this issue a while back and i found it extremly hard ot reproduce becase of the fast energy regeneration.
    however this tooltip is there since i think 4.1 in the mainwhile we had several patches in witch tooltips where fixed but this tooltip was never chanced witch makes me believe it realy does use up 35 extra energy.

the truth is if it does use up 35 extra energy the DPE of the attack goes down down when you burn extra energy on it
    We are talking about a difference of 10 energy. Even with a very high energy regeneration rate (way above 2000 haste rating) this results in a difference of more than 0.8s. That's easily noticeable. As you noticed the tooltip didn't change for a long time. Therefore some links concerning patch 4.2:

Boub's datamining: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-14107
    Official patch notes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-2-0

They just forgot to change the tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish our feral cat would listen to reason. He completely refuses to use FR because "It's not necessary" or "would not help"

I'm traditionally MS kitty but have been required to tank the past few weeks since our normal OT has retired, so haven't been as kitty in our H Ultra kills... but dang, it's pretty ridiculous to finish the fight as bear having pushed 35k HPS! (running unglyphed).

Something to note: you can also use those CD's at the pull, before the buff is applied; application of the buff not only halves the CD and doubles the duration, but resets any remaining CD as well.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    sticky!!

Also if you guys didn't know Mihir is going to be taking over my guide in cata; I'm gonnna be a full time bear so I figure it's best if I let the cat guide to someone as skilled as Mihir =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Briana58 View Post
    Also if you guys didn't know Mihir is going to be taking over my guide in cata; I'm gonnna be a full time bear so I figure it's best if I let the cat guide to someone as skilled as Mihir =)
    now i dont know who to believe. Bot much?

Confused about Stats weights

So I'm abit confused about Stats weights, and so on, because some places I hear kittys don't need to be hit cap but in here it seems like you would go for hit cap, what is the right way to go(would you go hit cap and then hast=mastery=crit or just f*** hit and go hast=mastery)?