Swipe (Cat) now awards 1 combo points if it strikes your current combo target.

My exact reaction.

Deleted
    that was my reaction aswell that is a fucking awesome change

Long time feral DPS trying to maximise my dps

Ive got a few questions that've been bugging me for a while now
    (apologies in advance if these have been answered before)

From what i understand the Dots we use rake and rip scale with damage modifiers ie Tigers fury , so first off ive been able to get a tigerfury buffed rake every second refresh but sometimes it falls of 1-2 seconds before i have TF up , is it worth the wait ?
    Secondly when opening do you rip or SR first? (obviously not the first thing you do but whats the preference) or get a 1-2 cp SR then a full rip? i try to get the rake and rip in white TF is still up and SR initially isnt up for the first 5-10 seconds of the fight. any suggestions?

I know this question keeps coming up but i would like to ask it the way i see it - With blood in the water (and the t13 4set) refreshing rip
    If there is a damage mod on RIP and the boss is below 60% and then i fero bite will it refresh it with a damage mod?
    Is it true that u can refresh a 5cp rip with a 1-4 cp Fero bite and the rips still acts as if it were refreshed with 5cp

if the damage mod to rip is not refreshed is would it be a benefit to refresh rip with a TF mod while u have the benefit of blood in the water or is the damage from FB going to outweigh the damage modifier

Lastly with FB , ive seen it do anywhere from 30k up to 75k+ is this due to the amount of energy you have at the time making it stronger and if so how dose this work? All i have found was this - 35 (cost)+ max 30 Energy , dose this mean that FB will do the most damage when you have 75 energy and it will consume it all? im very confused about this.

Thanks for taking the time to read i hope i made sense (i did to myself )
    Sincerely , Energydrink

Deleted
    1. If rake falls off 1-2 seconds before TF is ready, just refresh rake during the last tick as normal, and then refresh it again right before the TF buff ends.

2. It's a bit up to personal preference, they sim to about the same dps. My preference is to start with a low-cp SR, but going straight up to 5cp for a rip works too. (as long as you make sure the rip will benefit of your first TF).

3. Damage mods never carry over from an old rip to a new one, regardless of how you refresh it.

4. Yes, CP of FB don't matter, a 5 cp rip will always stay a 5 cp rip, even if refreshed with a 1 cp FB.

5. You should get at least 1 FB in per TF, but since you will be FBing fairly often in BitW range, the TF damage increase won't stay around that long.

6. Correct.. a 25 energy noncrit FB can hit for 20k, while a 50 energy crit FB can go up to 100+k for me (depending on procs/pots/etc)
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-04-28 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post

My exact reaction.
    i volunteered to reroll monk come MoP in my raid grp. everyones going to want a monk.... +5 mastery buff... come on.

now im sort of starting to regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    1. If rake falls off 1-2 seconds before TF is ready, just refresh rake during the last tick as normal, and then refresh it again right before the TF buff ends.

2. It's a bit up to personal preference, they sim to about the same dps. My preference is to start with a low-cp SR, but going straight up to 5cp for a rip works too. (as long as you make sure the rip will benefit of your first TF).

3. Damage mods never carry over from an old rip to a new one, regardless of how you refresh it.

4. Yes, CP of FB don't matter, a 5 cp rip will always stay a 5 cp rip, even if refreshed with a 1 cp FB.

5. You should get at least 1 FB in per TF, but since you will be FBing fairly often in BitW range, the TF damage increase won't stay around that long.

6. Correct.. a 25 energy noncrit FB can hit for 20k, while a 50 energy crit FB can go up to 100+k for me (depending on procs/pots/etc)
    You the BEST mihir! Thanks a bunch
    Energyyy

Quote Originally Posted by blairblair View Post
    You the BEST mihir! Thanks a bunch
    Energyyy
    pretty sure you want to FB at 60energy for max dps

Quote Originally Posted by Hyplex View Post
    Yeaaaaaahhhhh.... no. You always want to FB at the least amount of energy you possibly can because its DPE is very poor (and gets worse the more bonus energy you spend) and that energy is better off being spent on something else (EG an additional shred).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    That's only true during berserk really, as the extra energy consumed by FB doesn't get halved by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyplex View Post
    The tooltip of FB is wrong. FB uses a max of 25 additional energy. Read the 4.2 patch notes and test it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dancm View Post
    The tooltip of FB is wrong. FB uses a max of 25 additional energy. Read the 4.2 patch notes and test it yourself.
    and so it is! i should keep up on my reading, thanks lots

Quote Originally Posted by dancm View Post
    Ah, wasn't aware of this. I had heard both 25 and 35 but tended to just believe what the tooltip said =P

Edit: I did some testing with Mew, but I'm not entirely certain I implemented the changes correctly in the script file so it's important to mention that I'm not trying to state this as fact. According to the sim, waiting til 50 to bite in BitW range (assuming no threat of rip dropping) was a 90 DPS gain, and outside of BitW it was about a 12 DPS loss (in the margin of error).
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-04-28 at 12:14 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    That's only true during berserk really, as the extra energy consumed by FB doesn't get halved by it.
    But it's still a DPS gain to FB to dump CPs during Berserk right? Or is it better to shred spam?

Deleted
    Yes, keep using FB at all times.

Deleted
    Going from years as mage, to last couple of months as a Resto/Bear to Resto/Cat is daunting...I've followed every step in the guide, installed Ovale and the customer 4.3 script, but it seems like Ovale gives some strange advice at times: For example, it doesn't tell me to Mangle even when there's no debuff present and same goes for Faerie Fire.

Aside from that, practice makes perfect I assume?

edit: Some lines copied incorrectly, they both show up now. Great stuff for beginning ferals (and I suppose for veterans too). I am afraid I'll depend too much on it and never learn how to cope myself.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-05-02 at 03:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I ranked on every fight last night (that my guild has down on heroic)(5/1/12) except for Blackhorn when I jokingly went Moonkin.

15th on Yor'sahj
    22nd on Hagara
    90th on Ultraxion
    113th on Warlord Zon'ozz
    137th on Morchok

Now the first two I obviously saw first, and I could buy that, and the Morchok one I could too, but on Zon'ozz I had to bear CD twice, and I'm not one of the people who stays full time on the boss, and then Ultraxion not only did I lag out at the end, I bear CD'ed and Tranqed with the tank buff, thus these logs are either impossible and bugged, or the nerf last night was very noticeable / did something.

I'm unable to investigate the issue myself (google doesn't work on my computer any longer due to some virus or something, I have no clue why, but as a result any google-like site doesn't work (except yahoo/ask.com) or any site with google ads is slow as hell (wowhead/worldoflogs) and in the case of the latter, I'm unable to look at logs without exact links to them.

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/151773/

EDIT...........
    )\o

I caught the end parenthesis before it fell off of the page.
    Last edited by Tygroen; 2012-05-02 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    So I ranked on every fight last night (that my guild has down on heroic)(5/1/12) except for Blackhorn when I jokingly went Moonkin.
    I'm assuming you're wondering why you ranked on all. The additional 5% nerf to boss health = higher uptime of bloodlust/heroism -- that'll increase dps a fair amount. By the end of the reset, when others have had their performance ranked against the new lower-health bosses, your relative rankings should be back to about where they were.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I thought about that too, but like I said, 45 seconds of downtime on Ultraxion, plus lagging out, then Zon'ozz, never staying on the boss, just seemed weird to rank on both of those, even with the 5% nerf. It felt like the logs were bugged

EDIT: You seem to be correct. It's only Thursday and I've already been moved to 56th Yor'sahj and 103rd Hagara, and the other 3 have been knocked off. I knew I was good and near BiS but not that good, and I haz no 416z
    Last edited by Tygroen; 2012-05-03 at 03:47 PM.

I have updated FBNlite for 4.3 find it on curse.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that the terrible addon that let's you AFK while you play practically, choosing your buttons for you?