10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criix View Post
    Okay now time for a nab question. Sometimes my cat gets this buff where a flame starts to be on my cat, and the buff icon says that my bleeds will do a lot more damage. I dont know how to get this buff (and also cant remember the name) cause it seems i have gotten it just from random fights in a instance. Can anyone explain to me what this is and how to get it more regulary? It is NOT the mastery buff that procs trough trinkets.
    You might be thinking about the buff you get in BRC? chance on bleed tick to do 7k extra damage or what it is , think its those huge guards that has a chance to give you it , looked it up once before i did Corla.

Yes, it comes from those tall guards in BRC.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Criix View Post
    Saw this in another thread..

"Get 4% hit. Reforge everything to mastery, the more crit the better. Rip your way to the top! "

I thought Agility was the thing to gem for?
    Agility is worth over 3x as much as hit rating per point, and mastery 1.5x as much.

15+ Year Old Account
    I recently unforged some of my hit as I was struggling with missing all the time, my dps increased a little and I was much happier playing like that. I know in theory it's a dps loss, but I guess it's just me not being able to play as well with all the misses. The fight was Cho'gall.

Yea, make sure to keep some hit and expertisegear lying around for the Al'akir fight. Spending 50-80% of a fight infront of a boss with 3% hit and 0 expertise hurts.

I play with the hit and expertise caps, because I like paying attention to the environment instead of whether or not that last shred hit so I can rip. What is the point in ignoring the hit/expertise caps? So you can do more damage of course, but who cares about damage when you are to worried about watching your damage than moving out of fireball barrage. Dead dps does no dps.

Do you not battle rez someone when they are dead? Do you not innervate a healer low on mana? Do you not interrupt spells being cast (lol at not being hit capped for that)? If you do these things, you will not top meters, so why not pay more attention to the raid, and less on trying to get the most out of your damage. The boss will die if everyone does what they are suppose to, whether you do 20.6k or 20k (which was the difference in MEW changing all my hit and expertise into mastery /crit).

"so why not pay more attention to the raid"

"The boss will die if everyone does what they are suppose to"
    Way to go contradicting yourself. If everyone's doing what they should you don't have to worry about anything but getting those numbers out, which is your primary job. I don't see any reason my guild would take me if I wasn't trying to push myself to do the absolute maximum DPS i absolutely could.

Watching the raid for combat-resses, Innervates or Tranquility is a part of what you do. I don't know about your guild, but in 95% of all cases I can trust my raid to do what they are supposed to, which means I can concentrate on my main job, doing damage. But that's my guild.

Edit: That 0.6k DPS is quite a bit in a 5-6 minute fight.

Deleted
    Fast question - 2/5 parts of tier 11 or 4/5 - with full heroic gear. Keep in mind that using mangle over shred is dps lose, but 3% of ap looks pretty nice (~500 ap?).

Not really sure how I am contradicting myself. If everyone had the ability to pay attention, people wouldn't die to avoidable stuff, and you could dps without fear of a 4cp rip, capping energy, or missing an interrupt. It is when you have dps tunneling, missing interrupts, and not moving out of stuff that causes most wipes.

Note: I ranked 90ish on Omnitron, and 160ish on Valiona & Theralion while being hit and expertise capped. No it is not #1, but I will consistently rank top200, unlike those not hit/expertise capped, who will have to rng their way onto the list. I also checked some people near my rankings, and found a bunch who ignore hit/expertise, have the 372 heroic staff, and even 4pc already, and I still out dps'd them. So I will be sticking with what I know works, and recommend it to anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by leofric View Post
    Not really sure how I am contradicting myself. If everyone had the ability to pay attention, people wouldn't die to avoidable stuff, and you could dps without fear of a 4cp rip, capping energy, or missing an interrupt. It is when you have dps tunneling, missing interrupts, and not moving out of stuff that causes most wipes.

Note: I ranked 90ish on Omnitron, and 160ish on Valiona & Theralion while being hit and expertise capped. No it is not #1, but I will consistently rank top200, unlike those not hit/expertise capped, who will have to rng their way onto the list. I also checked some people near my rankings, and found a bunch who ignore hit/expertise, have the 372 heroic staff, and even 4pc already, and I still out dps'd them. So I will be sticking with what I know works, and recommend it to anyone interested.
    I've been running with 0 expertise and about 300 hit for awhile, and tbh its getting pretty tiresome. so many times I miss out on a TFd rake or rip because it fails to land 3 times in a row. Its beyond aggravating and makes life 10x harder for 1.0001x the gain. Come patch. I'll probably start reforging crit/haste into hit/expertise if the piece already has mastery.

15+ Year Old Account
    I came here expecting John Madden v2.0.
    I am left disappointed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Fast question - 2/5 parts of tier 11 or 4/5 - with full heroic gear. Keep in mind that using mangle over shred is dps lose, but 3% of ap looks pretty nice (~500 ap?).
    4. As you can see in my guide, the setbonus is worth ~400 dps if you mangle every 27 seconds or so. Which is way more than you would get from going with 2 more nonset items.

So I've been planning my 4p T11 around the Sark of the Unwatched as the off piece, since as a Chest item it naturally has more stats on it than a shoulder or hand slot would. It's also itemized better than the gloves. I see a lot of ferals getting their chest though and using gloves as the off piece. Any idea why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    4. As you can see in my guide, the setbonus is worth ~400 dps if you mangle every 27 seconds or so. Which is way more than you would get from going with 2 more nonset items.
    I was a bit confused coz most top ferals are going for tier head + legs (like I was planning) with shoulders/hands/chest as offtier parts.
    Anyway, do you know proper addon which will monitor ONLY this set bonus? I don't need any effects, just a square with timer

Also I guess 2 heroic off tier parts (hands + shoulders) will be better then normal t11 shoulders + hands even with 4pc? Maybe that's the reason?
    Last edited by mmocf41af226f1; 2011-01-26 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    So I've been planning my 4p T11 around the Sark of the Unwatched as the off piece, since as a Chest item it naturally has more stats on it than a shoulder or hand slot would. It's also itemized better than the gloves. I see a lot of ferals getting their chest though and using gloves as the off piece. Any idea why?
    Many, including myself, was planning around the 1st non-set item dropped. Also, Chimaeron heroic is much easier then Atramedes, therefore upgrade possibility for those who went for offset gloves is much closer.

I personally think Tsanga to be the best nonset choice, "easily" attainable in a raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Anyway, do you know proper addon which will monitor ONLY this set bonus? I don't need any effects, just a square with timer
    I plan to use Inline Aura, as it's highly customizable. Change the preset for Mangle into a self-buff, and add the set's buff name as an alias. That'll break display of the Mangle debuff, which doesn't matter for cats, as you will use Mangle regularly anyway, but might be a problem for bears - though these will use Mangle quite often anyway.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

OR.... just use power auras, been around for a long time, and you make the "square with timer" yourself. You can use it for any buff/debuff/CD/mana or health state/etc.

pfft Power Auras... with OmniCC and Inline Aura, I can see cooldowns and (de)buff durations on the action bars alone, with one glance, no need to pollute the game field with all kinds of pretty effects.

So, I got enough points today to get the gloves, the buff name is Strength of the Panther.

Quick tutorial how to set up Inline Aura for this:
    Enter /inlineaura
    Expand the Inline Aura section on the left, select Spells
    If you can't find Mangle in the first dropdown, open the second dropdown and check either "Presets" or "Spellbook: Feral"
    Third dropdown: User-defined
    (De)buff type: Self
    Only show mine: Yes
    Additional (de)buffs: enter Strength of the Panther, Accept
    No countdown: No
    No application count: No
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2011-01-26 at 11:34 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol View Post
    I've been running with 0 expertise and about 300 hit for awhile, and tbh its getting pretty tiresome. so many times I miss out on a TFd rake or rip because it fails to land 3 times in a row. Its beyond aggravating and makes life 10x harder for 1.0001x the gain. Come patch. I'll probably start reforging crit/haste into hit/expertise if the piece already has mastery.
    The reason hit or expertise doesn't (read:in 99% of cases) matter is because of the nature of energy and the ranking of our abilities. Unless you get energy capped because you miss so many abilities, most every other stat will be better. I don't have much hit either, but in almost all cases you will be GCD capped as opposed to energy cap. You're still going to land all of your abilities, it just might take 1 or 2 more GCDs. A few more GCDs after that, your rotation will be caught up. The only thing to potentially be careful is being dependent on a ability to hit with TF up, it doesn't hit 3 times in a row, now your TF isn't up anymore. The way around this is to alter your rotation to make sure you have 5cp before using TF.

Hit and expertise caps are more important for white damage, rage, and RP dependent classes. Their auto attacks and abilities depend a LOT more on hitting than ours do, so therefore their stat weights are drastically different. For example, if you were a combat rogue, hit and expertise would be your #1 and #2 stats by a wide margin, because white damage would be your biggest % of dps. Warriors depend on rage, which depends on their auto attacks hitting...etc. Because rip is so low on our damage %, that's why we don't aim for these stats either
    Last edited by Opacita; 2011-01-27 at 12:00 AM.

That post totally made sense if you already knew everything you were talking about and automatically substituted the right abilities in all the dislexic places you put them.