Quote Originally Posted by Selverein View Post
    Attacking from behind only negates parries, but not dodges. That's what Exp is for. From behind, Hit and Exp have the same value (just need less Exp to softcap than Hit) but if you happen to have to attack from the front for a bit, Exp doubles in value since it now also negates parries. That being said, you don't need to cap either. It helps smooth out the rotation and prevents frustrating things like failing to apply Rip 3 times in a row before a boss takes off, but there's no reason to go for caps. Missing once in a while is fine, it's those streaks that really suck. The other thing is Swipe, whose cost is not refunded if one or more target avoids the attack so making sure to hit them all always is a good thing on AoE-heavy fights.

You need 8% Hit and 26 Exp to cap them both (softcap in the case of Exp) but whatever you get is up to your preference really. What I usually suggest is to not reforge to Hit/Exp but not reforge out of them either (unless over caps of course). I wouldn't recommend looking at what someone else is doing to do the same without understanding why. Find out how it works and figure out what works for you.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thx a lot for clearing out stuff for me, so basically been back and forth on the dummy for 4 hours and what worked the best for me was reforging haste>crit no exception considering the gear i have has a lot of exp and hit it leaves me with around 4,8% hit and 13 exp and 12.32mastery ( also seems very low for me since i was used to stack mastery but really thats how i got my biggest numbers)

thx again

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Have someone tried 4t12 yet? How long berserk duration will we have during BL? Feels like we'll have like 10 sec+ time when TF is ready and we can't pop it.
    I've been playing around with it, so far I've noticed I'll get anywhere from 8-10 seconds extra duration on Berserk, which will push into when Tiger's Fury comes off cooldown, right when I want to use it and refresh my Rake.

Have someone tried 4t12 yet? How long berserk duration will we have during BL? Feels like we'll have like 10 sec+ time when TF is ready and we can't pop it.
    Agree with Shaazaam. Still miss 1 part but I am pretty sure you can refresh Rip, Savage Roar, 2-3x FB and Rip again. So something around 35-37s Berserk duration.
    Last edited by Xenerix; 2011-07-29 at 04:28 AM.

Stupid question that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer too, but I'll ask anyway. Just picked up 391 Hungerer, replaced the Nef trinket. Now if I happen to win a normal rag trinket, I can safely throw away my unheeded warning yes? I'm pretty pissed off at the 5th week of no Fandrals, so I'm having a hard time thinking clearly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    Stupid question that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer too, but I'll ask anyway. Just picked up 391 Hungerer, replaced the Nef trinket. Now if I happen to win a normal rag trinket, I can safely throw away my unheeded warning yes? I'm pretty pissed off at the 5th week of no Fandrals, so I'm having a hard time thinking clearly.
    As UW will likely get nerfed in a future patch I'd say yes. But, just in case they don't, I'd keep it in the bags for a while. UW or cat nerf will hit us soon.

1st post:

Rough list of trinket values:
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/69150/m
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/69112/t
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68994/m
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/59520/u
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68927/t

To be honest, I am about to change UW even for non-hc Hungerer just because UW is way too much rng.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenerix View Post
    To be honest, I am about to change UW even for non-hc Hungerer just because UW is way too much rng.
    I've been considering this myself. I'm getting quite sick of being forced to use a 359 trinket, and I'd like a little more reliability. Although, for rag and domo and baleroc, UW still probably outperforms normal domo trinket.

I've been looking for more haste. Once I finally pick up Matrix Restabilizer, I'm going to make sure my haste out weighs crit and mastery, it really does make the T12 2 and 4 piece worth so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    I've been considering this myself. I'm getting quite sick of being forced to use a 359 trinket, and I'd like a little more reliability. Although, for rag and domo and baleroc, UW still probably outperforms normal domo trinket.
    I am just a little bit afraid of beeing energy caped after: Berserk + BL + possible proc of Hungerer and Matrix together (we start with BL for example on Staghelm encounter). Running with like 80% haste (16% from gear, 24% from trinkets, 10% from buffs, 30% BL, right?) is kinda crazy, especially with Berserk up, so I guess it will be probably worth to desync trinkets by equiping one of them right before combat.
    Last edited by Xenerix; 2011-07-29 at 09:30 AM.

Tbh it was fine on Sinestra with 100% haste, even with Berserk, if you were hit and expertise capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurine1337 View Post
    yo guys could u tell me if my gemms/reforge is right?

this is me i got 2 t10 also.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Taurinh/simple
    The gem in your gloves should be straight 40 Agi cause right now you're losing 10 Agi for 20 Hit. Not a huge loss but still. You're both over the Hit and Exp caps by a bit and since we don't need either cap I would suggest being a bit lower than the caps rather than over, since you're wasting stats right now.

Your reforges seem to be all over the place. You got some Crit reforged to Mastery, and then some Mastery reforged to Crit, that's pointless. Not a whole lot I can tell you there, reforging is a matter of taste/playstyle right now. I like to reforge to Mastery and Haste, usually reforging out of Crit first or Hit/Exp to avoid busting the caps. Just find out what stats you want and reforge accordingly.

Edit: I'd use the Mastery tinker in the goggles but again that's just me, I like Mastery.

So i read a while back that fire kitty and ranseur of hatred were about 20 dps difference. So i am wondering is this still true and fire kat is BiS because its fire kat? If yall can help me out that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbbell View Post
    So i read a while back that fire kitty and ranseur of hatred were about 20 dps difference. So i am wondering is this still true and fire kat is BiS because its fire kat? If yall can help me out that would be great.
    Yes, that still holds true, the DPS difference is minimal and within the range of human error anyway.
    If you want the fire kitty form it's well worth the "loss" of DPS, imo.

Thanks for the info. Yea i posted in general because i didnt know if ppl saw it here. Sorry for double posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaazaam View Post
    I've been playing around with it, so far I've noticed I'll get anywhere from 8-10 seconds extra duration on Berserk, which will push into when Tiger's Fury comes off cooldown, right when I want to use it and refresh my Rake.
    Sounds pretty lame So will we just refresh rip and rake during berserk and then right after berserk ends (38-40 seconds after last time we used TF), pop TF and overwrite rip and rake again?

I guess I ll try to aim it right after Savage Roar refresh, get 5CP, then: TF -> Berserk -> Rip -> Rake -> Shred to 5CP -> FB -> Shred to 5CP -> FB -> Shred to 5CP -> FB -> Shred to 5CP -> Rip (non TFed) -> Shred to 5CP -> FB (or Savage Roar if ending, if not, refresh it right after FB at any CP before the end of Berserk). Of course refreshing Rake during Berserk. After the end of Berserk TF and refresh Rake and Rip (which should at +/-5s left when we manage to get 5 CP after the end of Berserk anyway).
    Last edited by Xenerix; 2011-07-30 at 07:15 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so once I got my 2 pc t12 last week I went and reforged. When I reforged I kept the stat values listed on the front page in mind. My priority was haste>hit/expertise>crit>mastery. After reforging I had 12.5 mastery, quite a bit less than I had before. I was reforging my mastery to expertise on all my peices to meet the soft cap. After I reached the soft cap I was reforging to haste (was hit capped just off gear). I've been playing around with my reforging the past couple days and finally I think I've found a good balance because with one change I jumped 1k dps on the dummys. I changed my reforging by dropping crit for expertise instead of mastery. I realize my AoE damage may suffer a bit because of dropping crit but my single target damage seems to have greatly increased.

Just something to keep in mind, it may just be my playstyle or gearing, not sure. But it's made a big diffrence in my DPS. I'll have to see if I suffer at all in an actual raid setting this next week.

How are you guys doing in DPS on Ragnaros (10m)? I don't have a problem DPSing in p1 with Shred since we have tanks standing a bit to the left and melee to the right, but in p2 we use the tactic of having the raid stay on one side and move to the other side once seeds spawns. This means that I can't shred at all for the entire p2 which kinda sucks. What tactic is your guild using and how's your DPS? Post some logs!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=16550#Williee

umm
    mine is 25m thou
    but for p2, melee spread out on the other side of where the rag is being tanked
    so shred is an option until we have to collapse for the adds/explosion

How are you guys doing in DPS on Ragnaros (10m)? I don't have a problem DPSing in p1 with Shred since we have tanks standing a bit to the left and melee to the right, but in p2 we use the tactic of having the raid stay on one side and move to the other side once seeds spawns. This means that I can't shred at all for the entire p2 which kinda sucks. What tactic is your guild using and how's your DPS? Post some logs!
    In 25 Norm we put the ranged on the right, melee on the left, tanks on the right. Spread 6 yards, when seeds spawn everyone collapses in the middle. Every other collapse he drops his hammer, make sure to avoid that, spread back to left and right, etc. Normal is really easy and you can shred for 90% of it.

Heroic on the other hand, I'm noticing P2 is just like Al'akir. Mangle, mangle, mangle.