Deleted
    I'm wondering if he maybe tries to get his "new family" into the Prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Why didn't they just use the assault rifles on the walkers BEFORE they took down the fence? Srsly Rick.
    Might have wanted to keep that as a last resort as the sound of the rifles firing could have drawn in even more.

I quite enjoyed this episode, was a nice break from the prison group. I guess the reason why the prison group simply doesn't move into Woodbury, is because the Governor had already burned it down before they tried. The next episode is promising to be interesting, with Martinez returning and see what will happen between the Governors old crew and his new family.

What could happen: They all team up and try to overthrow the prison group

What will eventually happen: They will help the prison group and the Governor joins Ricks group with his new family...

This leaves me with one question. During what time was the Governor staring at the prison at the last episode? Before or after his new family?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I quite enjoyed this episode, was a nice break from the prison group. I guess the reason why the prison group simply doesn't move into Woodbury, is because the Governor had already burned it down before they tried. The next episode is promising to be interesting, with Martinez returning and see what will happen between the Governors old crew and his new family.

What could happen: They all team up and try to overthrow the prison group

What will eventually happen: They will help the prison group and the Governor joins Ricks group with his new family...

This leaves me with one question. During what time was the Governor staring at the prison at the last episode? Before or after his new family?
    The Gov staring at the prison was after he met his new 'family'. But do you honestly think that Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Glen, Maggie, Hershel, Tyrese or Sasha would welcome the Gov back into the group no matter how much he has changed? All of them wouldn't hesitate to putting a bullet in his head. Best case scenario is that the prison group convinces the girls to abandon the Gov. All of this is assuming that the Gov still isn't a psychopath though, which I think he still is.

Deleted
    Martinez is like: "I remember you... IN THE MONTAINS"

Jokes aside, so far I´ve been enjoying this season. I think its a nice change to have more stories in the show rather than seeing the main guys fighting and being cool with some minor characther being killed, which is also cool now that I think about it.

The Governor's story looks like it'll prove FAR more interesting then the prison group, IMO. He was a bad guy, but not totally evil. He was distraught after the loss of his wife and when his daughter's reanimated body was destroyed by Michonne, he lost it. He became a psychopath, but now it looks like he's starting to care. He'll still want revenge on the prison group, but in any event, I'm gonna really like the next few episodes if they're about him. He's developing into an intriguing character.

I seriously doubt its all rainbows and unicorns as to why the Gov is staring at the prison, especially since the episode after next week is titled "Too Far Gone".

Im thinking something tragic is going to happen. What? No clue, but do you think Caeser is NOT going to say something about the Gov's prior acts?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Am I the only one that thought the most recent episode was shit?
    No at least the guys I was watching the show with agreed. After that super cheesy intro I somewhat expected them to announce this crap to be the spin off. I seriously hope he doesn't get more redeeming moments. It's so awful they have to go the awww he was once such a good guy route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    when his daughter's reanimated body was destroyed by Michonne, he lost it. He became a psychopath
    Keeping your dead alive daughter in your supply closet and use chopped off heads as your tv substitute doesn't scream mental health to me.

somewhat interesting episode... the governor didnt torture glen or Maggie btw, Merle did, all he did to Maggie was tell her to take off her top. anyway. its funny seeing "Brian" take a liking to the new family, and i dont see much chance of rape going on with the one girl throwing herself at him. He is probably still a psychopath, but he seems like hes reverted to a more peaceful kinda person since he has a new daughter to look out for.

The Governor is still a way more interesting character than Rick.

Rick loses his wife, he goes ''NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO I DON'T WANNA LIVE ANYMORE IM GOING ALL EMO FOR AN ENTIRE SEASON!!!!!!''

The Governor loses his wife AND daughter, he builds an entire town and seemingly cares for HIS people. He's a way better leader than Rick

The Governor loses his wife AND daughter, he builds an entire town and seemingly cares for HIS people. He's a way better leader than Rick
    Except that Rick hasn't had (or at least hasn't acted on) a sudden urge to order his group on what amounts to a suicide mission and proceed to mow them all down when they refuse.

Interesting episode though. I wonder what's gonna happen when/if Rick's group happens to meet the Governor again? I would hope that at least Daryl hasn't forgotten what happened to Merle and still wants payback. And we know Michonne would be all KoS mode if she ever saw him again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Governor is still a way more interesting character than Rick.

Rick loses his wife, he goes ''NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO I DON'T WANNA LIVE ANYMORE IM GOING ALL EMO FOR AN ENTIRE SEASON!!!!!!''

The story of Rick is told through the crazy people he encounter, he could he could have ended up if he didn't snap out of his psychosis. Morgan, the Governor, crazy lady in the woods, all representations of the dark roads Rick could have gone down.

Rick was pretty dark and going down the road of the Governor until he actually saw what the Governor had become.

Yeah the Governor didn't torture Glen but he was the one in charge. He still caused Andrea's death. He still molested Maggie. He still attacked the prison. He still killed a bunch of innocent people. Michonne stills of his questionable ways in Woodbury even before he went full on villain. He still tried to get Daryl and Merle to kill one another. The only reason he adopted his new family is to replace Penny like a psychotic serial killer would.

Chances of the prison group not putting a bullet through the Governor's head, -50%.

off topic question.

Something i came to think of during the latest episode is that i am not really sure what time period all these seasons have transpired through. Season 1 in the City doing shenanigans and Lori getting pregnant, season 2 on the farm, season 3 in the prison with Lori delivering the baby and season 4 in the prison and ongoing.

I was wondering bcus it has been "summer" time every season (i dont remember the state of Loris pregnancy in season one but i cant remember her being fat which means it should have been atleast 9 months. Have i missed or forgotten a vital part in the time details?

Will we ever see a winter period with snow and stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Winter was the time period between 2 and 3. Season 3 happened over a relatively short period of time so it probably took place during the spring/summer. We don't really know how much time passed between 3 and 4 but their probably in the fall and or approaching winter.

Remember that they are in Georgia, it's always "summer".

The Governor told the story that he wandered the roads for a couple months alone. And it's been at least long enough for tomatoes to grow at the prison. It's still summertime. This means it has been probably a little over a year since the zombie apocalypse (or since the show started)?

I already like this season's Governor way better. He seems more natural now, more human. Not more sympathetic imo... but relatable at least.

I liked last weeks episode with the Govenor. But the whole time I couldnt help but laugh and wonder when he was going to pull out a carton of milk. He should have kept the Burgandy beard imo...lmao

What I don't understand is how they've passed at least a couple years in the zombie apocalypse, and these two women who've been holed up don't know you kill the zombies by shooting them in the head. And one of them has police training.

I mean, I know you've been hunkered down, but it's been a *LONG* time at this point. You should know *something*.

Season 2 to 3, there was a winter inbetween, at least half a year, Andrea spends all of it sick in the woods with Michone after the farm fiasco.

Season 3 to 4, at least a couple of months where the Woodbury people become integrated into the prison and some sort of bond forms. I mean, they're really homey in there. Plus the Gov'r claims to have been wandering on his own for a couple months (since Woodbury burning, basically).

Georgia is very warm, so there wouldn't be much of a noticable difference. I was saying to a friend the other day, if there was a zombie apocalypse, we'd just head to our hometown (Buffalo, NY) and wait for winter. Those zombies don't know how to layer, and I bet frostbite will fuck them up. Don't they run hotter than normal humans as it is anyways?

Seriously, why is there never a zombie show in the north? Why are these Georgia Peaches not trying to get up north?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Seriously, why is there never a zombie show in the north? Why are these Georgia Peaches not trying to get up north?
    Bit off topic but in World War Z (the book, not the movie - book spoiler ahead), one of the main ways that people survive the zombies there is by heading north. In the end, the zombies freeze over and people are safe, and the army can go in and use dogs to find them, and kill them - although some make it and thaw in the spring - still alive, to become a problem again.

But I'm guessing you don't see that happen very often because it would be pretty boring in a TV show, head north, zombies freeze over, show over :P

The not figuring out how to shoot them in the head was a bit silly though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it gets pretty effin' cold up here in the frozen tundra during the winter. Not sure which I'd rather face, Zombies or the thought of going through a harsh winter with little to no food and sub-freezing temperatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't mind me, just being a better villain than all the governors combined