So what will everyone else be watching to fill the void while we wait for season 5 to start?

In my case, I've already mentioned that Walking Dead is about the only show I watch, but I'll probably find something else. MLB is the only sport I care to watch, and the season just started, so I'll probably be watching the Braves (hopefully we don't get yet another post season letdown this year). I used to watch NCIS regularly but got bored of it, but I might start watching that again some while I wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Rome at the moment. its ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game of Thrones conveniently starts this Sunday to fill The Walking Dead's timeslot.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    So what will everyone else be watching to fill the void while we wait for season 5 to start?
    They just added House to Netflix, so I'll take that easily consumed TV for sure. I also just discovered that the cartoon Clone Wars is very good, so I'm giving that a run. Doctor Who will be back on in the fall, so I'll have that, otherwise I don't watch a lot of TV intentionally. And for the record, the finale and season overall was well done. Actually caring about the characters matters. We are headed for some dark days.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Actually caring about the characters matters. We are headed for some dark days.
    I'm kind of hoping that this season is basically this. Making us feel something for all these people so that the shit can go down next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last episode is pretty good but not the best one in my opinion. "Too far Gone" the mid season finale with the death of the Governor was more epic.

Deleted
    And for the record, the finale and season overall was well done. Actually caring about the characters matters. We are headed for some dark days.
    Yes, totally agree. It's my favorite season, largely because I care more about the characters now. In previous seasons, there's been one or two who caught my attention (Shane, Dale) but some seemed very under-written (Carol, Michonne). I love how Carol and Michonne have developed this season, being given meaningful dialogue and interesting roles. After a time in which the women characters were awful (Andrea, Lori), they are now becoming the stand-outs. Daryl's episode with Beth was a low point, I agree, but still it's made them more human and easy to relate too, meaning Beth's kidnapping and Daryl's joining the Marauders mattered more to me. This season I was starting to get irritated by Maggie and Glenn (recklessly charging off after each other, forsaking their friends), but even so, it's made their bond more apparent and meaningful. I'm also intrigued by the new additions.

Some of the fallen have also been the most memorable - bad ass surgeon Hershel; the girls (top episode of the season); and the governor this season was so much better than last (his first two episodes this season were among the best in the series imo).

I've always found the series compelling - it seems made to a very high (movie-like) quality, making it immersive, but last season, I found the characterisation and probably the plotting to have markedly improved.

for those who need a zombie fix in the flesh series 2 starts on bbc america on may 10.

its not your typical zombie show though. its about a boy who is a zombie after they find a cure (well not a cure, still dead but their minds are back) trying to readjust.

zombies dont transfer from bites, just one day a bunch of people who died came back and started eating people.

its a more brainy show than the walking dead. they use the zombie disease as more of an excuse to look into bigotry and mob mentality and whatnot.

its a really great show and the first series is only 3 episodes so its real easy to get caught up in time

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its a more brainy show than the walking dead. they use the zombie disease as more of an excuse to look into bigotry and mob mentality and whatnot.
    Umm...I guess you missed all the episodes where they do similar things pretty much across the whole series? Sorta the entire point of TWD is a study of people and rarely little to do with zombies.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I finally got my wife and daughters to watch it with me, so I am starting them from the beginning on Netflix. We are all watching together.
    Love people, not things; use things, not people.
    ― Spencer W. Kimball

Umm...I guess you missed all the episodes where they do similar things pretty much across the whole series? Sorta the entire point of TWD is a study of people and rarely little to do with zombies.
    yeah but theres like little to no action in in the flesh.

its not a "zombie attacks apocalypse show"

its a "how do i live with myself when i can remember eating people and how do i live with the people i didnt manage to eat"
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Wait, this show is about people who WERE zombies who got cured? Like, post "I am Legend"? That sounds pretty fantastic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    for those who need a zombie fix in the flesh series 2 starts on bbc america on may 10.

its not your typical zombie show though. its about a boy who is a zombie after they find a cure (well not a cure, still dead but their minds are back) trying to readjust.

zombies dont transfer from bites, just one day a bunch of people who died came back and started eating people.

its a really great show and the first series is only 3 episodes so its real easy to get caught up in time

Damn this looks awesome! Thanks, gonna check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Wait, this show is about people who WERE zombies who got cured? Like, post "I am Legend"? That sounds pretty fantastic.
    yes. they are still undead, so they cant really eat or drink but they inject a serum into their necks and they live in what is essentially an insane asylum until they are "ready" and can feel emotions.

they put on makeup and contact lenses to look human.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its the people who show their lack of knowledge when they say part 2 had forcefed character development to us.
    You people who don't understand what character development is need to do a little basic research and then start posting. Part 2 of season 4 was all about character development.

Mis-understood. In corner for 5 minutes as a time-out.
    Last edited by cubby; 2014-04-05 at 03:31 AM.

Wooo, clearly you didn't read anything I actually said and argued against what you thought I did. Kudos, you're like the 4th one.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wooo, clearly you didn't read anything I actually said and argued against what you thought I did. Kudos, you're like the 4th one.
    Fuck, you are totally right. My apologies.

(I rapid/angry posted because I was so sick of people liking characters while at the same time complaining about character development)

No worries man. There definitely was character development in the second half of this season. Just to me, it wasn't nearly enough to compensate for such a lack of things actually occuring.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No worries man. There definitely was character development in the second half of this season. Just to me, it wasn't nearly enough to compensate for such a lack of things actually occuring.
    That is the first real argument I've heard about the quality of the second half of season 2. It was definitely slower than the first half (how could it not have been), and I personally loved some of the dramatically intense scenes (the "Of Mice and Men" portion of Carol and Tyrese and the girls was so well done). And Daryl with Beth finally saw D coming away from his past, and realizing he had completely changed.

But at the end of the day, while we are closer to the characters or at least have a better understanding of them, they basically just walked down a railroad.
    Last edited by cubby; 2014-04-05 at 03:38 AM.

I don't read the comics, could anyone explain who Negan is? Is he the ultimate bad guy or what?