But, it also helps you in the exact opposite way. They haven't had any issues with finding them in the woods for the most part, and Daryl takes care of that. Also, those noises also hide the humans presence as well, and keeps them hidden from sight/smell. In a parking lot you are in the wide open with noise not being absorbed by the environment so you are even more noticeable.
    They got really lucky tbh, luckier than they realisticly should have been. And besides zombies not existing there there are some basic combat strats that should be follow and i personally would have thought that some Cops would have thought of them, get to highground with a low amount of entrances, Barracade ect. If they are gona be nomads durring a time like this they should ditch the peice of shit old vehicles and get some that have common parts, that POS old mobile home was a pain in the dick for them to find parts for because they wernt thinking of this rule. But i have to bring back up the well thing just stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last night's episode was the single worst hour of television I think I have ever watched. Nothing happened at all. Carl goes from comatose to wanting to learn how to use a gun. That suggests that a decent portion of time passed, meaning at least a week or more, to make it believable that this kid who just nearly died and lost a ton of blood is suddenly well enough to be up and around stealing guns. Andrea, who can't hit moving targets earlier in the episode, apparently can activate bullet time in dire situations and start sniping zombies in the head left and right like she is Roland Deschain. This season has just been plain awful, but last night was just wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    They got really lucky tbh, luckier than they realisticly should have been. And besides zombies not existing there there are some basic combat strats that should be follow and i personally would have thought that some Cops would have thought of them, get to highground with a low amount of entrances, Barracade ect. If they are gona be nomads durring a time like this they should ditch the peice of shit old vehicles and get some that have common parts, that POS old mobile home was a pain in the dick for them to find parts for because they wernt thinking of this rule. But i have to bring back up the well thing just stupid.
    How do you have a basic combat strategy from something you know absolutely nothing about, and coming from a group of civilians as well? Shane and Rick are the only ones with experience in handling these situations, and they actually do well in it. And the RV is there for mass transportation, it is a lot easier to take a mobile home then 3 cars, and it is good for tons of storage space as well.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Last night's episode was the single worst hour of television I think I have ever watched. Nothing happened at all. Carl goes from comatose to wanting to learn how to use a gun. That suggests that a decent portion of time passed, meaning at least a week or more, to make it believable that this kid who just nearly died and lost a ton of blood is suddenly well enough to be up and around stealing guns. Andrea, who can't hit moving targets earlier in the episode, apparently can activate bullet time in dire situations and start sniping zombies in the head left and right like she is Roland Deschain. This season has just been plain awful, but last night was just wow.
    Andrea needed the belief she could hit it, it happens to people in real life too. If you keep missing something, you lose faith in it, but once you hit it the first time, your mind can click and you can become extremely accurate afterwards. It is a true effect. And last nights episode was better than previous ones by a large amount. Instead of them moping around for an hour, people actually did stuff and the plot line was furthered more than it has the past couple episodes. It set up the mid season finale well. Admittedly though I do get the point about Carl being up and about with no issues now, I am no expert in bullet wounds, but I would think he would have been down a little bit longer still. However, he is just a 7 year old kid and was sleeping for a lot of that time, so it might have healed faster than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by farscape View Post

Actually, there are. The Zombie Survival Guide is one of the most popular books for the subject and it makes for a very fun (and informative) read.
    Read what I said. Also noting I already linked the Zombie Survival Guide to Zeta in a previous post, but I said these guides don't exist for the characters in The Walking Dead.

In The Walking Dead, zombies have never existed in literature, games, or in any sort of existence until this virus came up. Max Brooks does not exist in their world. They don't have anything to base anything off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Frimbooze View Post
    The walking dead are not the zombies, they are the humans still living. If the show stays even close to the comics there will be lots of action soon. most of the cast on the show wont be on the show anymore, hands will be lost. eyes will be shot out. weapons will be found, towns will fall, tanks will break down prisons walls, human cannibals and the governor will arrive.
    I hope they don't follow the comic that closely. They have already deviated in a couple of points and I hope they stay that way. So much in the comic was good but needed tweaking for it to be an enjoyable TV show.

If they follow the comic to closely, it won't be as successful IMHO.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags, major future plot spoilers ahead.

I have a feeling the barn will break open and the farm owner and his family will die. Glenn and Meg will split up from the group and eventually meet back up in later seasons. I also doubt Shane will die this season. There isn't enough, if hardly any hatred between him and Rick (shane is just jealous of him). The hatred will be needed if they want to kill him off like in the novel. Not to mention him and Andrea have a thing going now, so he may just get over Lori eventually. Also, Dale needs to be killed off. So annoying.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-11-21 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, I didn't see your other post linking the book. I would disagree though about the walking dead universe not having any zombie survival guides. They obviously have books (even if Dale brought crappy ones) so I see no reason why the book by Max Brooks wouldn't exist in TWD. I don't recall ever hearing a character from TWD saying anything about zombies in movies or books but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Unless they come out and explicitly state that they have never seen or read anything about zombies, I'm operating under the assumption that they have all been exposed to zombies through movies or books. Calling the zombies 'walkers' is just for style. (If you have an example though, I'll gladly concede my point. I think the show might be even more interesting if no one knew what zombies were.)
    Actually, on the Talking Dead, Robert Kirkman confirmed that in WD's universe, zombies are a foreign, unknown concept. Basic things like "shoot them in the head" even were unknown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Actually, on the Talking Dead, Robert Kirkman confirmed that in WD's universe, zombies are a foreign, unknown concept. Basic things like "shoot them in the head" even were unknown.
    I was just going to write the same thing. They don't have zombie fiction or zombie movies in their world. They draw from our fiction to create the stories and how zombies act but the people in the series have no knowledge of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why I like the series so much, because it is people surviving completely in a new environment. Granted I think though they have a better survival chance because of that, because in our world people would be like this:

"Oh zombie uprising? I played games and read about it! I can kick their ***!" And precede to viciously underestimate their opponent and get mauled.

How do you have a basic combat strategy from something you know absolutely nothing about, and coming from a group of civilians as well? Shane and Rick are the only ones with experience in handling these situations, and they actually do well in it. And the RV is there for mass transportation, it is a lot easier to take a mobile home then 3 cars, and it is good for tons of storage space as well.
    Before i was in the military i had known about these things. Pick a highground to best see an enemy approaching, Being out in the open is bad due to to many approach vectors to cover at the same time. Ect. Also id ditch the mobile home for a good old fashion Bus, not the city type but like a school bus. And you cant tell me with every city having a fucking fleet of these it would be a bad idea. That means parts in every city since iv yet to ever see one without a school bus. And a bigg hauling compacity, shit you can even remove the seats and build shit in the back of them.

But please address the Zombie in the well episode and tell me thats just not fucking stupid what they were trying to do.

"Oh zombie uprising? I played games and read about it! I can kick their ***!" And precede to viciously underestimate their opponent and get mauled.
    Thats what maby a stupid 12 year old thats been handed a copy of RE thinks, But i know when iv been bored iv thought what i would do if it happened. Find weapons, find Bolt hole ect and be stupid is on the top of the list. Any motherfucker that runs around with 2 shotguns looking for them deserves to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Before i was in the military i had known about these things. Pick a highground to best see an enemy approaching, Being out in the open is bad due to to many approach vectors to cover at the same time. Ect. Also id ditch the mobile home for a good old fashion Bus, not the city type but like a school bus. And you cant tell me with every city having a fucking fleet of these it would be a bad idea. That means parts in every city since iv yet to ever see one without a school bus. And a bigg hauling compacity, shit you can even remove the seats and build shit in the back of them.

But please address the Zombie in the well episode and tell me thats just not fucking stupid what they were trying to do.

Thats what maby a stupid 12 year old thats been handed a copy of RE thinks, But i know when iv been bored iv thought what i would do if it happened. Find weapons, find Bolt hole ect and be stupid is on the top of the list. Any motherfucker that runs around with 2 shotguns looking for them deserves to die.
    I don't see why a school bus would be better, it would be even more awkward and annoying to drive, and plus probably get worse gas mileage. For the zombie in the well, yeah it was fairly retarded, I facepalmed when they wanted to get it out to make sure the water wasn't contaminated, but you can't base the entire series off that one event.

And on a final note, just because you may have the slightest idea doesn't mean the rest of America besides a 12 year old does. I know plenty of kids at my high school who think they are the **** and would do it anyway. You have to remember most people are stupid.

That's pretty awesome. One thing I really enjoy in shows is gradual discovery like in Jericho where no one had a clue what was going on at first. A universe with no references to zombies gives the show plenty of room to take things in different directions.
    Yeah, I was wondering about that, and its nice to get confirmation that this ignorance is deliberate on the part of the writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that the pregnancy is out of the bag, I wonder what Jenner told Rick at the CDC
    i totally forgot about that scene, odd hasnt come up again yet neither has Morgan come back which i hope he does, but whenever Morgan talks i keep hearing the tune from Jericho in my head

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm Dr. Jenner.....speculation time until next Sunday? Gogo!

Maybe it isn't as significant as it seems. Maybe Jenner was just telling him something like "Find your God if you want to get through this" or something anticlimatic like that, as Rick has been trying to look for answers. Again speculation go go

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Hmm Dr. Jenner.....speculation time until next Sunday? Gogo!

Maybe it isn't as significant as it seems. Maybe Jenner was just telling him something like "Find your God if you want to get through this" or something anticlimatic like that, as Rick has been trying to look for answers. Again speculation go go
    I'm going with (hiding it in white just in case it's a spoiler) "Everyone is infected. When you die, you come back. It doesn't matter how."

Nothing else seems significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking that because that is brought up in the comics right? I don't know too much about it though, I just read the plotline for the comics, never the actual things. If somebody could enlighten me?

I've thought about that too but then I wonder about all the people who died in their vehicles on the highway and why they aren't walkers. My guess is that it involves the origins of the virus (science experiment gone wrong, biological attack, etc) and that information wouldn't be particularly important to their day to day survival.
    I thought the same, but realized after a while...

One person noted in this thread the reason why you dont see many (any?) fat zombies... when they get bit, they dont manage to outrun and survive usually... so they end up getting consumed. The same is probably true for most of the people in that traffic jam... once the herd was upon them, they didnt have much to run.

The second major reason not all of them were zombified was because they were effectively 'stuck up a tree', in their cars... and probably died of starvation/exposure being unable to leave the safety of their cars while the hordes of zombies railed at the windows.

I hope Sophia is not in teh barn...that will be the laziest writing I have ever seen if it turns out like that

lol. I was stalking to my wife about that Thursday. Speculating that she wandered onto the farm after being bitten, and Hershel tossed her in with the other geeks. But I don't think that will happen. But I am thinking that after Sundays episode that is the last day hey are on the farm. If by going with the previews, looks like all hell is going to break lose tomorrow.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Midseason Finale, isnt it ? So yeah... should be interesting.

Deleted
    i think the sophia thing is a bit of a drag out myself, really enjoying the rest of whats going down though wonder if we'll have a rick/shane confrontation, that anyone whose read the comics knows how that ends, as for the people saying about coming back, if the comics again are anything to go by
    they wont find that out for a little while longer anyway.
    The people dead dead in their car etc could just be to dead to reanimate we've seen that the dead get worse and worse condition if their just sat there
    trapped their just going to desicate brain and all.