Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I'm still so mad about this lmao.

How on earth did anyone think this was a good idea? They spent, what, 15 minutes with all these fantastic actors building up all this tension and emotion, and now we're just gonna see a dead body (if we even fucking see them and it's not like just a funeral/conversation) in a cold open in 6 months' time and we're supposed to give a shit then? Fucking retards. They should ask the GoT writers how to do a finale death.

This is like something a first year undergrad on a creative writing course would put out. CLIFFHANGER LOL SO SUSPENSE WOW. No, it's a total anti-climax. There is no way to regain that tension. We've already seen the build up.

And how does anyone out there think it's Carl? Seeing so many people on about how it's Carl or better not be Carl. It obviously wasn't, did they even watch the same episode as me?
    Oh...you're not seeing a dead body. I guarantee the opening scene starts with a crate of supplies sitting at a checkpoint > TRANSITION > Rear wheel of a vehicle as its being driven (by who?) > TRANSITION > [Surviving Main Cast Member behind wheel] as it pulls up to the gate at Alexandria > {CAMERA 2} Gate slides open [2 other main cast members present] > {CAMERA 3}(Isometric shot) Vehicle pulls in, in the distance is a cast member kneeling near a grave > {CAMERA 1} (Slow over shoulder out of focus pan to grave) (FOCUS) {DEAD CAST MEMBER NAME ON GRAVE] > Cut to opening credits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Oh...you're not seeing a dead body. I guarantee the opening scene starts with a crate of supplies sitting at a checkpoint > TRANSITION > Rear wheel of a vehicle as its being driven (by who?) > TRANSITION > [Surviving Main Cast Member behind wheel] as it pulls up to the gate at Alexandria > {CAMERA 2} Gate slides open [2 other main cast members present] > {CAMERA 3}(Isometric shot) Vehicle pulls in, in the distance is a cast member kneeling near a grave > {CAMERA 1} (Slow over shoulder of of focus pan to grave) (FOCUS {DEAD CAST MEMBER NAME ON GRAVE] > Cut to opening credits.
    IKR? They'll either do that or we'll get an entire episode of Morgan again.

Honestly, I hope somebody big starts a boycott on twitter or something for season 7 just to teach them a lesson. They wont stop doing it unless they see it affect their ratings.

This whole season was nothing but really bad sex.

The first half your spouce wanted you try something different and it was weird, The second half kicks in and the forplay starts to get good, Then it go's slightly weird again (Build up to Negan In last Epsiode) then BAM really hot sex happens for about 10mins and all of a sudden the sex stops and you are left with blue balls.

I can almost 99% confirm nether Rick nore Carl dies due to what Negan said right before the bat swing. He says "If anybody moves, If anybody says anything cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father" That implies both will still be alive.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-04 at 04:54 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Carol and Rick, since Negan said that if anybody moved, to feed the kids other eyeball to the father.
    And by extension, it's not Carl. Fuck.

And it's probably not the last couple people we saw him point to, if he's playing Eenie Meanie by the official rules. I have the handbook right here, it has a whole chapter about Backsies.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Carol and Rick, since Negan said that if anybody moved, to feed the kids other eyeball to the father. He wouldn't have made that threat if he chose Rick.

However, I don't think anyone really thought Rick was in any danger of being killed off, since it's his story.
    Yep, pretty much. I really can't see Rick or Carl dying for a very long time. Anyone else (including Daryl) could get it at any point. The only way Rick gets killed off is if Andrew Lincoln has some kind of real-life problem that requires him to leave the show (or he decides he's not getting paid enough or something).

That said....Kirkman did give some line once about how Rick isn't going to live forever, but yeah. That line was more about the comic I think, and it was a long time ago.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-04-04 at 04:57 AM.

I echo most people's opinions about the episode, great tension, great build up, Negan was great, Andy Lincoln was totally on point, the ending was a huge "fuck you." I want to comment on a few things, mainly from The Talking Dead.

1) They immediately came out with the damage control. Hardwick is like, "Uh, people are gonna want to know, why didn't you show who got the bat?" Generic pretentious writer bullshit, "This is how this story ends, and the new story begins next season with the death and the fallout from it." That doesn't make much sense, but generic answer is generic.

2) Scott Gimple is like the most pretentious asshole I've ever seen on screen. This dude seriously thinks he's the next Arthur Miller or some shit. Every ounce of him oozes smarminess.

3) At the end, the reaction on Twitter is so bad they have to address it, and Hardwick is like, "UH, THEY'RE RAGING AT ME HALP." They talk about television and the nature of cliffhangers, which is a justifiable, if corporate, reason for the cliffhanger. Make no mistake though, that's a reason to do it in terms of money.

4) Then they try to argue this is also creative storytelling. Like, what? They trot out the generic bullshit answer from point 1, but then Kirkman tries to elaborate and say something to the effect of, "This is the story that they've built up, the story of Rick's confidence, and how quickly it can all crumble. That's been the story of the whole season, and now it's concluded, and next season will be the beginning of the new story." Except THE CONCLUSION TO RICK'S CONFIDENCE COMING TUMBLING DOWN IS WATCHING SOMEONE GET BEAT TO FUCKING DEATH AND HAVE A SHOT TO A BROKEN RICK REALIZING HOW BADLY HE FUCKED UP. Again, I don't write network television, I'm only working on a novel which will likely never be published, but if I was writing this, I would show the beating, from an angle where Rick is in the background, and the beating commences, and it's gory and brutal and awful, and slowly the sound of it fades away and the camera slowly (almost imperceptibly) zooms in on Rick til you suddenly realize you can't even see Negan and the beating any more, and all you can see is ANDY FUCKING LINCOLN WINNING A GODDAMN EMMY, CUT TO MAIN THEME SONG MUSIC.

5) Chandler Riggs, and even Norman Reedus and JDM seemed to express that they actually didn't know who dies in the scene. Like, what? Isn't this the same scene that the actors said made them feel physically sick? But they didn't actually film who got beat down? They haven't filmed it yet? Is Gimple a fucking clown? How do you go into that scene not knowing who's getting the bat? Or does he know who it is and isn't telling anyone because he's that fucking pretentious as shit?

6) So Rosita didn't actually die? Daryl really did get shot? What? So no one from the cast actually dies in this episode? WHAT? Where the fuck are Tara and Heath? WHAT THE LITERAL FUCK.

7) I didn't watch it with commercials, I DVRed it and waited 45 minutes, and then started, but what was the first hour of this episode (in realtime?) It was all them driving in an RV, and Morgan and Carol talking shit to each other.

JESUS FUCK.

Good things: Abraham and Eugene, as always. Gabriel. Morgan. Putting things of Daryl and Michonne on the Red Rover line of Walkers was clever, but never paid off because hey, here they are 10 minutes later so far unharmed-ish. That could of been some real emotional terrorism right there, Gimple, but you write like an 8 year old who just learned how to write complete sentences.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-04-04 at 05:03 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    That said....Kirkman did give some line once about how Rick isn't going to live forever, but yeah. That line was more about the comic I think, and it was a long time ago.
    Most people think this is a long game on Carl's origin story. Theories differ on to how it will play out, whether Carl becomes the Governor and thus Negan's show line about him being a serial killer, or whether Rick goes crazy and Carl has to kill him eventually. With the things happening in the comics right now it could really go any way, but I agree that this is an origin story for whoever Carl winds up being.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Most people think this is a long game on Carl's origin story. Theories differ on to how it will play out, whether Carl becomes the Governor and thus Negan's show line about him being a serial killer, or whether Rick goes crazy and Carl has to kill him eventually. With the things happening in the comics right now it could really go any way, but I agree that this is an origin story for whoever Carl winds up being.
    I think I'm finally going to start reading the comics because the show is just annoying me at this point.

I was trying to avoid the comics due to spoilers of the show but now I just don't care.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Oh...you're not seeing a dead body. I guarantee the opening scene starts with a crate of supplies sitting at a checkpoint > TRANSITION > Rear wheel of a vehicle as its being driven (by who?) > TRANSITION > [Surviving Main Cast Member behind wheel] as it pulls up to the gate at Alexandria > {CAMERA 2} Gate slides open [2 other main cast members present] > {CAMERA 3}(Isometric shot) Vehicle pulls in, in the distance is a cast member kneeling near a grave > {CAMERA 1} (Slow over shoulder out of focus pan to grave) (FOCUS) {DEAD CAST MEMBER NAME ON GRAVE] > Cut to opening credits.
    Na it will just be a name on that stupid wall

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    2) Scott Gimple is like the most pretentious asshole I've ever seen on screen. This dude seriously thinks he's the next Arthur Miller or some shit. Every ounce of him oozes smarminess.
    I always got this impressions of him too. He really does think he's hot shit. Man, I really do hope people boycott the S7 opener just to show these tools that they're not happy.

So the final scene is a bit different to the leaked audio from before ? I dont hear the creepy baby crying and supposedly Glenn saying Maggie. Did they change it cos of the leak or something ? Also noone else from Ricks grp died so thats pretty good, the early leaks had Rosita and Tara and i think heath dying
    Last edited by xcess; 2016-04-04 at 05:18 AM.

LOL you guys are cute af

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    LOL you guys are cute af
    ??????????

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Andrew Lincoln did a phenomenal job portraying how scared and shattered Rick was in that moment. He knew he was beat, he knew he fucked up and got way too confident. He looked like he was on the verge of tears towards the end there.

Deleted
    Maybe this is some elaborate late April Fools (they couldn't deviate from the Sunday slot) and we get the real ending tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe I stopped playing Gears of War for that.

Sigh.

Another interesting thing that just crossed my mind....did Negan's men somehow know that Rick desperately needed to get to Hilltop? Or did they just happen to be hanging out and blocking all the routes to Hilltop that day?

Unless they just figured that Rick and Co. would immediately come out looking for Daryl and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I thought Andrew Lincoln did a phenomenal job portraying how scared and shattered Rick was in that moment. He knew he was beat, he knew he fucked up and got way too confident. He looked like he was on the verge of tears towards the end there.
    Yeah, that was one thing I loved about the finale. Rick looked like he was absolutely scared shitless. First time I've seen that since season 1, when he first woke up from his coma and was discovering the post-apocalyptic world for the first time. You could definitely see that he got knocked down a peg here.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-04-04 at 05:26 AM.

Maybe this is some elaborate late April Fools (they couldn't deviate from the Sunday slot) and we get the real ending tomorrow.
    They going to randomlly release the video like WB did with Batman V Superman LOL.

Deleted
    BRB gonna have a wank, and just as I'm about to come I'm gonna plunge my cock and balls into a jug of ice water.

Just wanna get that finale feeling one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Another interesting thing that just crossed my mind....did Negan's men somehow know that Rick desperately needed to get to Hilltop? Or did that just happen to be hanging out and blocking all the roads that day?
    They knew but I don't think they knew why. It does seem like to me that Negan has been keeping a eye on alexandria. Even more so when the guys carol killed outright said where its at.

- - - Updated - - -

BRB gonna have a wank, and just as I'm about to come I'm gonna plunge my cock and balls into a jug of ice water.
    Like I said on the last page...

This whole season was nothing but really bad sex.

The first half your spouce wanted you try something different and it was weird, The second half kicks in and the forplay starts to get good, Then it go's slightly weird again (Build up to Negan In last Epsiode) then BAM really hot sex happens for about 10mins and all of a sudden the sex stops and you are left with blue balls.