Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the comics stores near where I live get the comics as they come out. I generally look at them online though. Will post a link when I'm at a computer

Eh, I've never really bought into the idea that the main focus of the story is purely on the characters and their struggle to survive. That's one part of the full package and an important one at that...but at the same time the zombies are a big factor too. For me, one of the major exciting parts of the show is when a new location overrun by zombies is scavenged for supplies. Usually there's enough shown and left implied to piece together a story about what may have led to the survivors being overrun in the early or later days of the outbreak.

Personally I love the people who complain about how after every episode or two they switch to another location/focus.

It's like those people have never read a book before...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Personally I love the people who complain about how after every episode or two they switch to another location/focus.

I wish they'd switch location more each episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post

I rather have them run parallel arcs instead of trying to turn weak ones into hour long episodes. One reason why i loved the Eugene/Dwight episode because you had 2 arcs that would have been weak on their own combined into one solid episode.

Tera didn't need her one episode, they could have told that parallel to another and still gotten the point across. Rick and Michonne did not need their, same thing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah no but guys haven't you heard, being mad at filler means you just want pointless zombie killing.
    Oh god,I see this everywhere. Can't even have a constructive conversation with someone because apparently I hate the show for it being all filler. I fucking love this series, used to be something I watched every Sunday night when it first came on, along with the story-sync and Talking Dead after. Now I just have the show on record and watch it sometime during the week. What i'm trying to say, is that AMC cares nothing about it, they're just milking the series as dry as possible before the fans give up on it.

Might as well get back up to speed with the comics because the constant fillers are seriously starting to make me dislike the direction the show is going.
    Look at Black Sails for instance, every episode, quality. Story progresses every week. Character development is constantly happening...

AMC never cared about it beyond it being a cash cow. Firing Frank Darabont was evident of that. Season 2 was evident of that. All the filler half-seasons are evident of that.

Deleted
    I really hope this is the last Season. This show is fucking horrible since like Season 2... I hate shows like that, that are too scared to risk anything. Why is this fucking asshat with the cowboy-hat not dead, yet? And why the fuck has the police-guy sex with the ugly black ninja-girl? That makes no fucking sense!

And this Season is exactly like the Season, where they lived in the prison. But that season was probably the worst season of any TV-Series in the history of mankind!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirilla View Post
    I really hope this is the last Season. This show is fucking horrible since like Season 2... I hate shows like that, that are too scared to risk anything. Why is this fucking asshat with the cowboy-hat not dead, yet? And why the fuck has the police-guy sex with the ugly black ninja-girl? That makes no fucking sense!

And this Season is exactly like the Season, where they lived in the prison. But that season was probably the worst season of any TV-Series in the history of mankind!
    If you're not intelligent enough to remember "police-guy" and "ugly black ninja-girl"'s proper names I doubt you're intelligent enough to understand any level of plot. pls quit watching tyvm

dunno why i didn't think about it but it makes bloody sense now! the filler and such! it's most likely due to the TV series catching up very quickly with the comics and Kirkman most likely added/asked to fill out the TV series more so the comics can get further ahead, we've seen this in anime so why not for TV shows like TWD? (GoT is somewhat an exception as the author is prone to letting his work get behind so much.)

I get you're an Internet troll and all, but calling Danai Gurira ugly somehow devalues your worthless opinion even further.
    Hope you have fun watching the rest of the series you hate tho.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The TV series is not close to where the comic is. They could easily do another 2 seasons with minimal filler before thinking about the amount of filler they do in the TV series now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoloid View Post
    If you're not intelligent enough to remember "police-guy" and "ugly black ninja-girl"'s proper names I doubt you're intelligent enough to understand any level of plot. pls quit watching tyvm
    Yep, its probably that. Definitely not that I could not care how they are called, because they are the fucking most boring characters in history!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, its probably that. Definitely not that I could not care how they are called, because they are the fucking most boring characters in history!
    Kindly see yourself out before you embarrass yourself anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    The TV series is not close to where the comic is. They could easily do another 2 seasons with minimal filler before thinking about the amount of filler they do in the TV series now.
    Let's see.... all out war which will be season 8. Season 9 will be the 2 year gap and introduction to the whisperers. Season 10 will be leading up to the whisperer war and most likely have a cliffhanger during it (which the comics had just finished now) so 3-4 seasons technically to catch up compared to 36-48 chapters in that time span. We must remember that the walking dead began in 2003 and the tv series in 2010. It really won't take long before the tv series comes close.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably easier to binge watch the seasons now if you want to catch up. Makes the filler less mind numbing in earlier seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I couldn't imagine sitting through 7 seasons of this. I think the fact I watched them on progression meant o could tolerate it more.

Finally, we have an enjoyable season again after having watched the abomination of a season that is Season 6...

This episode was fine, but I saw the kid getting killed from a mile away.

Still been nothing more then a filler season with a few moments that was good.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an okay episode. They still did the thing when there stretched out scenes for no reason. 2/3 of the settlements are now on board any Hilltop will probably be the same by next week. It better be.

Resident Cosplay Progressive