Thread: Fix to Combat?

Fix to Combat?

clipped from the blue posts...

"Combat needs help. Next beta build, the mastery for Combat is being roughly quadrupled. One of their passive damage spec bonuses will be brought up too. We want it to be up there with Assassination."

So... is this a reasonable solution with respect to "Main-Gauche"? Any speculations to what passive damage spec is getting buffed?

Pimai

Bringing Ambidexterity to 100% would be an interesting fix. Then a slow off-hand + Shiv would be a different playstyle (ok it's the same as Shaman and DK). Or let Revealing Strike act like Mutilate, and hit with both weapons.

The passive damage bonus will undoubtedly be upping the attack power that comes with Vitality, but I don't see how they could make Main Gauche any better because to become "roughly quadrupled" the damage will need to be increased about 800% of the offhands damage and that still won't fix much because we're still gaining more energy that we can spend. And that still wouldn't fix combat because it would only add a tiny amount of dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

They can increase the damage on MG in a lot of ways.
    Upping the CP proc chance on MG hits, reducing the oh penalty, upping poison proc chance on MG hits, whatever. Maybe adding a haste/ap effect after mg procs? Or even just a secondary mastery effect.

Doesn't have to be a straight damage increase to MG at all.

honestly the way i see blizzard fixing MG is just by making it like a 40% proc rate, which does nothing to alter the fact that the stat is absolute garbage for combat, coming in behind STR even.
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

How would taking it from 10 to 40% leave it coming in behind str?
    Base is 8 points, at 1.25% each, if they quadrupled that, they'd also quadruple how much you'd get for each subsequent point.