Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH epic win sir!

Deleted
    Let them laugh, frostmage hungers!

Either way, just do whatever you want whilst levelling, some specs are harder than the other just choose what you think suits you best. I'm lvling as fire since I like burninating stuff around me and also love seeing all the AoE ticks massing up at higher lvls

10+ Year Old Account
    In my WOW experience (5 years) anyone who has an opinion followed by a laugh or an insult is clearly clueless and an internet warrior/epeen/leet jerk/kid etc ... Leveling/PVP as Frost is still viable,(spam ice lance at 80,) and will only get better once you have more points, you are correct Arcane is clunky/crap/slow at low levels.. i demand you respec Frost immediately Go get em! Raaaawwwwr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I started a mage last night and am having a blast. I specced as Frost, got the hang of the elemental, and went to town.

I entered a BG earlier and got called an idiot for playing as Frost. He said stuff like the elemental was worthless, despite the fact that I was popping rogues out of stealth left and right with it.

However, I did question whether I could be doing better with a different spec. At 21, I respecced and went Arcane. The tree at this level doesn't seem to be all that great. It just feels clunky. Arcane Blast is too slow, and Arcane Barrage + Fire Blast doesn't do enough damage for my tastes. I have yet to try Fire.

My question is, is there anything legitimately wrong with leveling as Frost right now?
    You play this game at your own discretion. Ignore what they say. I level in frost too, its the best and funnest way !

*Does alittle jive*

Deleted
    Frost gives you most control of all specs, which is great for levelling AND for PvP. Next to that frost got a serious overhaul which made the damage better too. As some already said: the other guy is an idiot.

Frost, by nature of the spec, is the best leveling spec. Any spec that focuses on a pet, self healing, has the most cc involved or aoe, or the most non-cd reliant are the best leveling specs usually...
    For PvP Frost had the HIGHEST survival and a fairly = damage output. Where as fire has more do or die feel and arcane has an absolute feel to it. Fire is meant to kill before killed and arcane is meant to win one after the other not 2v1 or linked fights since it needs mana... a lot of mana...
    Whoever told you frost was a bad spec is a noob or trolling you.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

Level with what you think is most funny, because that's what you pay for
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkcow View Post
    seems like your good old GM wanted to dip his sausage in the buttercup!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewenastra View Post
    balance problems goes back to pacman

cmon, one pac man 4 ghosts? he had to take drugs to beat them

Yeah, I got a 29 Frost Mage, leveling with him is almost easier than my Paladin pre 4.0.1, with your pet's Frost Nova and your own, almost none of the NPCs get near me.

Really it all seems like its just whichever you prefer. I am currently leveling a mage in its 20s and I have done both frost and arcane. While frost does give you survivability, the elemental isn't really that great and doesn't do that much damage. I would imagine that once I get to level 28 and get Ice Lance, it will be much better. However, Arcane right now is me just casting arcane blast (switching it out for arcane missiles whenever it procs to save mana), and my two insta-cast spells and then I just move on to the next target. I haven't tried fire yet mostly because I plan on maining fire spec once I hit 80.
    Last edited by phenom588; 2010-10-20 at 10:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You may want to try fire too, at one point.

Deleted
    Arcane actually is the better leveling spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically what all the posters stated above, that mage who laughed at you should be taught a lesson, beat him in a duel in 3 seconds and see who's laughing then. Frost is the way to go, always has been, always will be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    AoE farming as frost would like a word with you.
    BfA Beta Time

As people have said, frost is the bomb. I love frost. My mage ends up doing some of the highest dps in randoms, and I still pown in pvp. The person making fun of you was 1) a troll or 2) I complete idiot who had no idea what he was talking about. Frost is ballin'.

There's nothing wrong with frost, but I strongly suspect that the people who say it's superior to arcane have never actually leveled as arcane.

Leveling is utterly trivial now anyway, play whatever you find fun.

Deleted
    well arcane needs arcane blast to be competitive for leveling purposes.
    fire is an alternative but is quite mana-expensive.
    frost is the facerolllevelspec, its good for everything, offers a wider range of utility and is very manaefficient, additionally you get a pet that deals quite decent damage.

never ever trust other people when they cant back off what they say in any way, especially not in random groups and battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Errr! Wrong. Frost is by far the better leveling spec. There's nothing more satisfying than grabbing about 10 mobs, frost nova, then blizzarding them all down without losing any health or mana from mana shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanen View Post
    Errr! Wrong. Frost is by far the better leveling spec. There's nothing more satisfying than grabbing about 10 mobs, frost nova, then blizzarding them all down without losing any health or mana from mana shield.
    Blizzard aoe has lost a lot of it's luster now that it doesn't work with FoF and frostbite doesn't exist. Frost aoe is kind of garbage from what I can tell.

Frost always been the leveling specc of choice, seeing as it usually got some more control utility than the other speccs. Fire was kind of a viable option and probably still is, as it tends to kill a little faster, but mobs die fast enough anyway. I leveled my mage as frost in preBC, BC and WotLK (tried fire a little out a couple of levels here and there during preBC though).

Not only that, but frost seems to be in such a good state at the moment that it might even be a competitive raiding specc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Blizzard aoe has lost a lot of it's luster now that it doesn't work with FoF and frostbite doesn't exist. Frost aoe is kind of garbage from what I can tell.
    You don't need frostbite for it to work now that you have a perma pet and it Blizzard still snares, so it's still the best spec to pull shit-tons of mobs with without taking damage.
    BfA Beta Time