Thread: Blink Bugged?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blink Bugged?

HI , just wondering if its just me or if others are having the same problem, whenever i blink (generally in combat) i stay in the same place its killed me a few times now and its starting to annoy me.
    Is anyone else getting this problem? thanks for any replies

I noticed it happening to me in Icecrown last Sunday, only on a few fights though. I think the noticable encounter was Rotface heroic where it was happening.

Deleted
    rotface was where i initially noticed it actually so maybe its just a few of the fights then, ty
    Im not going mad thats the main thing :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn to play without blink? :P

OT: The speed boost from arcane has actually saved me quite a bit when this has happened, god bless arcane!

Deleted
    meh im fire and yes i tend to rely on blink a bit too much coz im lazy, guess ill have to l2p without it

Deleted
    I myself have noticed problems when using the blink ability a few days ago, however as of last night during the server restarts i believe this problem has been resolved as ive had no further problems

blink has been bugged since warcraft came out, same with vanish and charge

has to do with how the spell interacts between you pressing it on your copy of the game world and how the client receives and processes it

if there is ANYTHING (bump, rock, hill) you can literally blink nowhere. in 3.0 all the little lips in doorways seemed to become sticking points for blink and even just walking. they used to not be a problem.

blink has been working about like it always has from what i've seen but all servers are not experiencing the same issues.

on stormreaver i DC when i change continents (changing instance servers) EVERY time

on ED, i never do that but i'll lag (chat will be fine, what is going on in the gameworld on my screen lags) the first time i use abilities on a toon, have to relog, then i'll be fine for a bit

Blink was still bugged for me last night. I only used it once, but it bugged and didnt move me at all, at the time i was jumping so that might of been it.

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin View Post
    Blink was still bugged for me last night. I only used it once, but it bugged and didnt move me at all, at the time i was jumping so that might of been it.
    That could be the problem yes.

And blink has been bugged for quite a while now. any sort of sudden change of landscape (edges, rocks and so on) can mess it up. Personally i did icc10 last night and had no problem at all with it.

Deleted
    I've had no problems with Blink either.

Deleted
    I have had exactly the described problems, blinking on rotface and going nowhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blink seems to be mostly bugged in ICC and a lot less (if not bugged at all) everywhere else. Doing heroics, BGs, questing, et al, I've yet to have it bug on me.
    BfA Beta Time

Had problems blinking during Rotface 25H encounter last night. Could not blink out of slime pools. Blink seemed to be working in other areas of icc. I was able to blink out of slime pools during PP phase 3 with no problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only had it ever bug during H rotface when I was getting out of the slime pipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blink has bugged for me on a number of occasions during the last couple of days, mostly in raid/instances though, almost never in the "outside world".

same in the rotface room (tried it several times after combat doing diff stuff and same result, moved nada), might be bugged in festerguts room aswell due to the similarities, but I never checked. professor was fine

I had the same problem on Rotface last night, I thought it was just blink being buggy like normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had this problem too. I also have blinked backwards. I know this can be cause by lag and by blinking shortly after your character crosses a seam (such as a threshold), but this has happened to me several times when my latency is at 76 ms and I'm in the middle of a seamless hallway (like the hall to PP). It's obnoxious...

Thanks to Eruionmel for the wonderful signature. <3

Yep, rotface's room causes the same issue for me, or at least it did last week.

yeah rotface room is fail and i tend to rely on it more to blink outta teh green ooze. wish blizzard would just make us blink in a arc instead a straight line not like hunters but just a slight one