Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what people are complaining about. The screech (which sounds rather jurrasic parkish is me) isnt even that loud. Hell the music is louder.

Deleted
    I love it so much!

And thank god, it's not another Portal Login Screen, brings back bad memories of waiting in Login Screen due to not be able to log on because of many different reasons.

Best Login Screen for me thus far. Simply love it!

I like the look, but not the 'roar'. Nice raptor shriek thar Deathwing.

Also at the roar QQ. Play..with your sound off maybe?

I'm praying this is a joke and they'll leave it with the original login screen (like it currently is in the beta). The Wrath login was definitely annoying. :-\

To all the: turn the sound off
    Why turning off the sound if the developers could just make a loginscreen that is not getting on your nerves after 100 logins?

You know, like the Classic loginscreen
    http://blogs.isom.auckland.ac.nz/swr...gin-screen.jpg
    or the Burning Crusade Login screen?
    http://images.mmosite.com/news/2006/09/25/burning1.jpg
    Not a single complain there.

But we got many about the WotlK login and now they do another one in the same style?

Stop complaining it's great

The whole draw is the cataclysm itself, not Deathwing. They should have used the swirling maelstrom login.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I like it.
    As for people complaining about the roar.... seriously guys, adjust your freaking volume then.

I would love if they added a feature to pick the loginscreen of your choice, so between the classic, tbc, wotlk and cata ones.
    I miss the classic one, it was just great.
    be nice to have the option to change them, even implement your own background (which wouldn't be animated but it'd be yours). Even choices done by Blizzards artists (concept drawings), their wallpaper backgrounds or some of the fan made ones.

It's a little thing, but seems a lot of people stare at the login screen... according to these threads lol rather than inputting their password and playing :P

Deleted
    Now I finally recall where I saw Deathwing before... Alien!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    So from all the whining about the login screen (which I think looks great). Do you guys cry and bitch when dog's bark? Birds chirp? Frogs ribbet? Im just curious, and these are all serious questions that needs to be answered.
    They're more or less pissed because the first 2 login screens for Vanilla and BC, respectively, were simply a nice background with a kickass song.

Wrath was that too, except for the fact there was FLAPFLAPFLAP RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! And now it appears Cata will have a similar screech. The first 2 have shown that a login screen doesn't need to have a VERY nerve-grating noise to be cool.

And what's the point of the roar? Vanilla had everything from dragons to demons to elementals, but the login screen didn't have any of those. BC was very demon-centered, but the login screen didn't have hundreds of demons chanting or something. Why Wrath had Sindragosa when she's only spoken of a handful of times in the entire expansion is beyond me. Arthas would have made more sense, and he wouldn't have roared (I hope).

And for future reference, yes. I would get angry if my dog went something like "SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!" very loudly every time I saw him.
    Last edited by Zaerix; 2010-10-23 at 11:58 PM.

Looks nice.

Could do with less crappy roar sound plz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaerix View Post
    They're more or less pissed because the first 2 login screens for Vanilla and BC, respectively, were simply a nice background with a kickass song.

Wrath was that too, except for the fact there was FLAPFLAPFLAP RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! And now it appears Cata will have a similar screech. The first 2 have shown that a login screen doesn't need to have a VERY nerve-grating noise to be cool.

And what's the point of the roar? Vanilla had everything from dragons to demons to elementals, but the login screen didn't have any of those. BC was very demon-centered, but the login screen didn't have hundreds of demons chanting or something. Why Wrath had Sindragosa when she's only spoken of a handful of times in the entire expansion is beyond me. Arthas would have made more sense, and he wouldn't have roared (I hope).

And for future reference, yes. I would get angry if my dog barked very loudly 10 seconds after I saw him every day.
    I lol'd and agreed

It's sucks. Yes the art design, and the sounds is awesome, really. But the thing about Deathwing, is he have to be epic. I will have that epic feeling, then i see him, but now i see him everytime i login, and by the time, i get used to it. We didn't use any "final" boss in the login screen before.

At least it wont turn your speakers to full volume like some people said it would :P

Would it be too much to ask to be able to choose what login screen I want? =P

I hope he talks to us about revenge or bondage? You know his two main interest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was just thinking... There had better be no roar. The damn sound on the launcher is more than bad enough.

Christopher Walken: Moar rawrbells.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaerix View Post

And for future reference, yes. I would get angry if my dog went something like "SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!" very loudly every time I saw him.
    Deathwing roars for like two seconds. From the video, it looks like it will take some time before he roars for two seconds.

People love to focus on one tiny aspect of the login screen, and discount how fantastic the rest of it is visually. He's on top of effing Stormwind - I'd rather have that than some boring Dark Portal and two statues.

15+ Year Old Account
    OMG - that login screen is so anti-horde and pro-alliance...