Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    INSIST on the Heigan achievment!

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Dont underestimate naxxrammas you may be able to get a well geared group but if people dont know the mechanics of the fights people WILL die and if 1 person dies its all over.
    this.
    I joined a pug the other day saying "well we're overgearing it anyways, should be ez"
    people dies on Patchwerk.
    achievements or /shoo
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Source: Some asian dude.
    Deathcauser- 90 Warlock, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Irbored- 85 Warrior, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Stormraper- 83 Shaman, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Deathknight- 81 Death Knight, Alliance, Tarren Mill

Just don't be like some of the retards on my server that ask for The Undying achievement to invite people on an Undying run.I hate those "Boost me,you fucks!" assholes.

Like others allready said,have 2 people that know Razuvious,ask for Safety Dance and Shocking and it should be easy enough.Oh and avoid smartass mages,they like to fuck Sapphiron up by Iceblocking during the bomb.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    No problem in being elietist. Though naxx itself is pretty easy now, there are still plenty of ways to die in there. If you think you may have people that will die on the safety dance, sit them out. They will still get the achieve and you don't have to worry about someone that's lagging/retarded messing up your achieve.

I would have to agree with people saying get as many of your friends as possible so you know they wont mess up.

I got the undying on a fresh alt the day I hit 80. This was during ToC. It was really easy, you just need to pick out some competent pugs. (friends help too!)

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm last time i tried it we just nuked heigan before first dance, its really not to complex.

Thaddius....it doesnt matter what you say if someone does not understand +/- then its over.
    Chow is my love monkey.

I got this achiev not too long ago, with a few people who I knew were good players, the rest I pugged in trade asking for a full clear achiev and mains only. I wouldn't reccomend putting your trust to people who say "my main has the achiev" or "I know the fights" but can't link the full clear achiev.

If you lust/heroism you can easily zerg/burn the Safety Dance fight without him setting off the explosions or whatever once. My suggestion would be to do Saph and KT first to make sure you have competent people,

Let everyone know to watch their aggro, and not to get cocky during ANY of the boss fights. The attempt before I got the title, I was doing way too much DPS on Instructor Rav and he turned and one shot me and it was all over just like that.

Deleted
    Just get your guildmates and it's gonna be easy. Don't get cocky, too. You can sit out as many bosses as you wish as long as you are on the final kill of the clear - for example I sat out of sapphiron on our immortal run because I remember having LoS issues on those bombs. Don't take any risks, do the Raz first (it's WAY easy to fuck up with bad controllers or overaggro) and go on.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    INSIST on the Heigan achievment!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesD122 View Post
    If you think you may have people that will die on the safety dance, sit them out. They will still get the achieve
    so the point is...?

absolutely ask for achievements.

there is so many people walking around in icc heroic gear who dont even know what naxxramas is. sadly a LOT of people do not know the bosses at all, so looking only at gear doesnt get you anywhere.

ask for a full clear achievement or otherwise your raid will fail badly

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I try this every week on my warrior and I've never been able to get in a group that can down Sapph + KT without someone dying. It's ridiculous. Week before this one, someone died to Sapph's deep breath. This week, someone died to not getting healed with KT did his block move.

There are many abilities in Naxx that will one shot people, regardless of their gear. You absolutely need people to link achievements. Gear doesn't really matter, I got the Undying on my paladin in half blues. What matters is people knowing the fight, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigodolfa View Post
    2 tanks, 4 overgeared dps, 4 healers. Boring, slow, but safe.
    No... Lol I did undying in uld days with 3 healers, what you should bring is 2 tanks, 5 dps, and 3 heals ( or even 2 )

And I still use my title. =)
    Last edited by Spectrez; 2010-10-31 at 08:26 PM.

Just stack Holy priest because of Guardian Spirit and you're fine.

Asking for achievements is always elitist. I know this isn't a popular answer, but it's true. Does anyone even remember how we did things like this back in the days before achievements and gear score? Those two things = the worst things that ever happened to WoW. I've played from the beginning, and for me that is absolutely true. People are afraid to try anything anymore, demanding GS and achievements to do ridiculously easy things. People need to grow a pair.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fuher View Post
    its a crap title at best . go for imortal its your best bet to prove to yourself and other your not a bad as they think you are
    Well that's a dumb thing to say. The Undying is easily just as much a proof of individual skill as The Immortal. The same things will kill you in a 10 man as in 25 man.

---------- Post added 2010-10-31 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DaigoroItsuno View Post
    Asking for achievements is always elitist. I know this isn't a popular answer, but it's true. Does anyone even remember how we did things like this back in the days before achievements and gear score? Those two things = the worst things that ever happened to WoW. I've played from the beginning, and for me that is absolutely true. People are afraid to try anything anymore, demanding GS and achievements to do ridiculously easy things. People need to grow a pair.
    If it was a simple Naxx 10 run, you'd have a point. Since it is an achievement run to get an achievement that requires nobody dying? You don't have a point. You have to be elitist to weed out the junk.

Also, you guys telling the OP to insist on the achievements for the Heigan dance and Thaddeus, what are you thinking? You're going to be excluding many people who know how to do those encounters, but who have never done them without someone else dying. What a stupid piece of advice. Why not just ask people if they know how to do those fights, and then trust that they do when they say so?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trust? TRUST? Are you serious? May as well ride around Dalaran shouting "LFM fail Undying, we will not get the achievement! PST to waste your time!"

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Trust? TRUST? Are you serious? May as well ride around Dalaran shouting "LFM fail Undying, we will not get the achievement! PST to waste your time!"
    Sure. It's what we had to do before GS and achievements, and it worked fine back then. People are too reliant on these things now. An achievement means nothing. Gear score means nothing. Someone saying that they know the fight means nothing. You never really know if a player will be able to carry their weight until you've done the fight with them. So why not just trust them if they tell you that they know the mechanics? This is a game we're talking about, not life or death. You people take these things far too seriously.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Were you there before we had GS and acheivements? I was. And we armoried them and interrogated them about boss strategies. It's the exact same thing except GS and achievements streamline the process.

Deleted
    Does the Undying count only deads at boss encounters? Because in every single Naxx I've been, many people die at the moving slimes after Patchwerk, the ones that kill with one shot.