Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why does everyone keep saying he's so huge? He's the size of Malygos or Alexstrasza.

15+ Year Old Account
    And it has been confirmed on the offical forums by Zarhym that this event will be a permanent event for the duration of Cataclysm.
    Learn to read, buddy.

Yes, this isn't a permanent event, but will last so long as he's free to roam the world.
    The achievement is a Feat of Strength since it won't be available forever.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...1&pageNo=6#114

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
    I imagine that this will happen throughout the expansion until the patch that releases Deathwing's raid.
    That wouldn't exactly make the feat of strength achievement "rare" as the blue says.

Really nice.

Wasn't something about deathwings dragonbuddies (like one in BRD) that you should kill also. Anyone know when that is happening.
    ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I hate to seem like a QQ'er, but this have got to be the most stale and mechanical thing ever. No special music? No special sound from him? No special movement even? Just slowly flapping his wings while hovering over the land? B.o.r.i.n.g.

The Shatterer comes to mind, and The Shatterer wins.
    It's much worse than this NOT happening, that's for sure!

Also, beta. It's close to Cataclysm, but still - Beta.

Zarhym also mentioned that since the fire obliterates everything and everyone there are a few places where he won't go for gameplay purposes. I'm taking this as meaning the major cities won't get attacked since it would majorly disrupt the game of its most basic access to anything (trainers, AH, etc).

Sure didn't look very deadly in this video. He had to chase Deathwing down, couldn't catch him, tried to stand in fire and even that was harmless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I hate to seem like a QQ'er, but this have got to be the most stale and mechanical thing ever. No special music? No special sound from him? No special movement even? Just slowly flapping his wings while hovering over the land? B.o.r.i.n.g.

The Shatterer comes to mind, and The Shatterer wins.

This has happened to me in beta, trust me, it's a lot more exciting than the video looks. The sky turns blood red, everything goes dark, and REALLY LOUDLY, Deathwing starts to yell across the zone. I was questing in Uldum at the time (a week or so back) and it scared the SHIT out of me. It was also sort of because I didn't expect it at all, though..

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i see this being cool the first few times but i imagine it will get old and annoying real quick
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeyoss View Post
    Fairly sure there will be a lot of QQ from lowbies. adding in a repair bill for no friggin reason really sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
    I imagine that this will happen throughout the expansion until the patch that releases Deathwing's raid.
    That wouldn't exactly make the feat of strength achievement "rare" as the blue says.
    Azeroth currently has, not counting cities, 44 zones. That's a 2.27% chance of being in the right zone at the right time. Not to mention, there are more zones coming with Cataclysm. Throw that and the time between attacks in as factors, and the chance of getting killed by Deathwing drops faster than a drunk on the live end of a Taser.

Besides, we don't even know the timing between attacks yet. What if it's once a day, or once every 4 hours with a ±2 hour variable? Anyone who's farmed for the TLPD knows the headaches that Blizz's random spawn timer can cause.

This is not going to affect anyone's gameplay or wallet, and is quite deserving of the FoS.

I, for one, cannot wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

all you gotta do is sit in a zone that hasnt been attacked yet. i dont see this being hard to get at all, just one of those things where you can only get it at a certain time and then it obviously wont be possible. also im assuming this is happening before cataclysm is even out considering the entire world is supposed to be transformed by patch 4.0.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Question Zarhym was answering...
    So does this mean he's going to strafe zones all through Cataclysm until the 4.x patch when he's killable and he's dropped on a realm sometime?
    Zarhym's answer bolded for emphasis
    [b]Yes[b],this isn't a permanent event, but will last so long as he's free to roam the world.

So to me that says he will be doing this until he is killed by someone on the realms.Hence,it not being permanant in that sense since it will end when he is killed.

It is subject to interpretation until it actually occurs and see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will only be cool if flies over capital cities too.

i can see it now... im just sitting there questing and all of a sudden, oh look, a big dragon sneaks up on me and makes me die in a fire.

deathwing is going to make devilsaurs look like amateurs

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Will only be cool if flies over capital cities too.
    Nah, it'd be way too annoying for a lot of people.

"OMG BLIZZ DEATWING FLEW OVER SW AND LIK I WAS AFK AND NOW IM DEAD IT HAPPENS SOOOOOO MUCH THIS IS THE WORST EVENT EVERRRRRRRRRR"

What better way to make players hate a primary antagonist than by having him randomly grief you? I would imagine this event will be pretty rare, as it could get INCREDIBLY annoying if he did it...like very hour or something like that. Once a day in a random zone perhaps?

finally a world event that is what i was hoping for ..i thought about something like this while watching the headless horseman torch gold-shire (though i have been a wow player off and on for years that is the first time i have seen it oddly enough)

Awesome!!!! They should include a voice with it...like a yell or something "Azoroth feel my wrath as your world burns! hahahaha!" or something like that. thatd be soo cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallixenia View Post
    Azeroth currently has, not counting cities, 44 zones. That's a 2.27% chance of being in the right zone at the right time. Not to mention, there are more zones coming with Cataclysm. Throw that and the time between attacks in as factors, and the chance of getting killed by Deathwing drops faster than a drunk on the live end of a Taser.

Besides, we don't even know the timing between attacks yet. What if it's once a day, or once every 4 hours with a ±2 hour variable? Anyone who's farmed for the TLPD knows the headaches that Blizz's random spawn timer can cause.

This is not going to affect anyone's gameplay or wallet, and is quite deserving of the FoS.

I, for one, cannot wait.
    good point
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

It should come with the title "(name), the Crispy"

Isn't the whole expansion named as the time Deathwing erupts from the earth, creating a whole mess? Doesn't seem very mess yet..

The area under him needs to go dark, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGYRI...eature=related needs to play, he needs to go about 50% faster, and he should also have some voiced scripting. If all these were done, this'd be epic and not just another "watch a boring pixel shift while pretending to be amused" moment. I'm talking about crap like Tirion breaking out of the ice on LK kind of stuff.