View Poll Results: Which version of Cataclysm will you be using for your download?

Voters
474. This poll is closed
  • I will buy the game discs and install from DVD

229 48.31%
  • I will order the digital sale regardless of missing cinematics

113 23.84%
  • Who cares?

132 27.85%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I posted this same message a few days ago, everyone told me to GTFO - but it's true and it is stupid because I looked at the folder and it's 500MB out of a 15 GIG install! This is a bean counter at Activision deciding he'll save the company a few pennies and getting a bonus for it.

Also, Kotick has gone on record telling investors that cinematics are another way for them to generate extra revenue from gamers. One example he gave was taking the Starcraft cinematics and selling them as a $20 additional DVD.

The man has no scruples.
    Last edited by stgeorge78; 2010-10-29 at 11:35 PM.

Totally agree with you!

That sucks, i wasn't going to get the digital download anyways i like to have my games in physical form.

Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    Read the blue post again. All cinematics, including things like Wrathgate, are being left out. Somebody needs to knock on Morhamie's door and tell him he's looking like Kotick again.
    Couldn't they just be releasing them a couple of days before the expansion? That way players don't get to see the unreleased content early and everyone has all of them for when the game is actually released.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, it that case they'll probably just get streamed like everything else in the game
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

They did not say that the digital download would not include cinematics. They figured it out afterward that there was an issue that caused the digital downloader to not include them, as seen in the previously mentioned thread.

People are saying that it doesn't matter at all, but seriously? What if you were playing a console game and, instead of a cutscene coming up, the game paused and told you to go watch it on youtube? Like wtf?

If on the digital preorder page it said "CAUTION: THIS VERSION DOES NOT INCLUDE IN-GAME CINEMATICS, BUYER BEWARE" then I could understand them getting away with it. But it doesnt, or it didnt when I payed for it.

They really need to fix this, either by coming up with a seperate download or refunding those of us who would rather go buy a physical copy instead of missing out on game content.

This is immersion. It's important for storytelling. Some people don't care, but they might as well remove the music and quest text if they think we won't really care.

"Just go watch it on youtube." my ass.

I'm very sure the cutscenes and cinematics will be included in the digital download as well. Probably a temporary mishap with the streaming client.

if they had figured a way to sell the CE along with the download than i would have done it, but the cinematic doesn't bother me

The issue is they do not want people to be able to pull the cinematic file out of the digital download early. Remember, when u purchase the digital download it will download all the stuff for your before it's released. That way u just have to log in when the servers come up on Dec. 7th.

You can bet that if they included the cinematic file that someone would have it on youtube weeks ahead of time. The blue reponse wasn't clear on the issue so I would expect the cinematic will just download after the Xpac actually goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    it only affects the new cinematics. obviously your old ones are not deleted when the cata data is installed. at the moment there are 3 videos, which are affected, intro, worgen and goblin,

Download the DVD image from your favorite file sharing site once cata is released and install it from there.
    Problem solved. I'm a genius.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2010-10-29 at 11:55 PM.

wow man this is a major fuckup..if Star Wars TOR was to do this on release the game would be dead before it even began,again Blizzard seem to be slipping...slowly losing confidence in this company.

you do know they said the pre-rendered cinematics, im sure the character creation ones will still be there, since they use in-game graphics. also if you look at the cinematics folder. no character creation ones are in there anyways, since they are not video files

imo i dont think its a big deal, i only watch the intro ones once. i already returned my preorder at gamestop and my account is ready for dec 7th

The question is does this only effect the openeing cinematics or all cinematics from Cata. For instance if you are 85 and your guild reaches some major cinematic event in a raid will those who downloaded the digital copy not be able to watch it?

I wish they would clarify this...

I don't care about opening cin's, but I want my in game ones to be there damnit.

Lucasmcc said such things as the Wrathgate cinematic would not be installed.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...53762&sid=1#19

Quote Originally Posted by Gudgid View Post
    The question is does this only effect the openeing cinematics or all cinematics from Cata. For instance if you are 85 and your guild reaches some major cinematic event in a raid will those who downloaded the digital copy not be able to watch it?
    Since everybody downloads those cinematics, it'd be very weird if they wouldn't show for streaming downloads. But anyway I really think this is a glitch, and it will be remedied as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    Lucasmcc said such things as the Wrathgate cinematic would not be installed.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...53762&sid=1#19
    Thanks that clarifies it. No cinematics for people who buy the digital version. I think I'll just wait and buy a box copy.

Already Bought it!!! AARGH

I Was going to buy the digital version on monday, two copies one for me and one for my GF. but if this will be like this there is no chance I will buy it. I would not mind if it was only the. Opening cinematics that were left out, but taking lich king death and wrathgate witch could mean aswell goblin and worgen as they are pre-rendered would be left out aswell.
    will just wait till a local store starts a Pre ordering of Cata retail and buy it then.
    On Earthen Ring
    New Main Leveling Tauren Paladin
    Old Main 85 Orc Mage
    80 Orc Shaman

Retired on Scarshield Legion
    80 Tauren Druid - 80 Orc Warrior - 80 Troll Hunter