Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The GM sounds like one of those kids who are trying to be professional, using proper english instead of "u" "r" "ppl" like he's done his whole life. He Fails miserably of course. I can't see him lasting for long.

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    I don't know why some people are defending the GM's spelling. He's being paid to do what he's doing and is likely expected to do it as best as possible. Had this been OP's first experience with Blizzards customer service, then that's not a good impression to be left with. It questions Blizzards professionalism. Not to mention that most GM replies seem pretty copy pasted, so I wouldn't be surprised if his was only typed once in the multiple times he had to send it.

Of course, that's just an assumption, so I could be wrong. Oh, and as far as comparing the GM's spelling to mmo-champion users? How do the two even compare? One is posting for fun in their spare time, the other is getting paid above minimum wage to do a pretty easy (though demanding) job.
    I agree. I don't mind at all if people say "u" instead of "you" around here, but I would definitely expect the GM that's helping me to be able to communicate with proper language. Of course I don't see why people don't spell the simple words properly anyway (eg. "you"), it takes such minute fractions of a second extra to type the full word. Ah well.

For a job that relies on communication, you can't afford to be so sloppy and unprofessional, it really would feel like a high school student is the person you're going to in your time of need.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by DEEPKVTS View Post
    you do realize that most GMs are huge warcraft fans who probably love their job, right? you honestly think they only hire 'regular joes' who hate video games and loathe the idea of sitting around playing a game they'd probably be PAYING to play otherwise?
    A lot of GMs are hired through temping agencies (like Volt). Many know next to nothing about the game and don't play much, if at all. While working GM's don't "play" the game...they don't even have the client open 95% of the time; instead they use a special tool to chat with players. Whiny people whining about inane crap, all with silly quotas to meet or you get fired. An open bay with a hundred GMs trying to go through 500k tickets. Good times.

Wow just for bad grammer what are you the king of Grammer police? GTFO

---------- Post added 2010-11-02 at 03:34 AM ----------

also mabye english is not that GM's first language?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEPKVTS View Post
    you do realize that most GMs are huge warcraft fans who probably love their job, right? you honestly think they only hire 'regular joes' who hate video games and loathe the idea of sitting around playing a game they'd probably be PAYING to play otherwise?
    Customer service is rarely fun in any context. Given how 95% of the fans of this game act, how long do you think it takes before you start resenting helping these whiny brats that make pointless tickets? There have to be tons of them. How fun the game is doesn't really matter when you're dealing with assholes all day.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    You registered an account to say that?
    Really?
    I registered an account just to quote this.