Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Ugh, I ran into this last night, an ICC geared dps qued as a tank heroic nexus. I am running heroics on my new holy pally, and I had to spam heals like crazy to keep him up. As soon as I got silenced he dies, on first boss he gets 2 shotted and dies. During all of this he is linking and bragging about his dps (rolls eyes) Thank god he leaves after I went off on him and I get a low geared tank, had no problem keeping him up. In fact on second boss, we some how pull 2 packs with the boss (8 mobs plus boss total) and I kept the tank a live through the whole thing.

Armor got nerfed guys, you can't DPS tank maybe on my main healer I could keep up a crappy dps tank but I rather not and that toon has no reason to run heroics.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2010-11-05 at 12:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    No no no. At the start of the Xpac tanks were in shit gear but that was ok because everyone was. To try to tank a random in blues now is just selfish as hell. You "start somewhere" as dps and dont tank until you are actually capable of tanking without slowing the instance down and adding 10 minutes to four other peoples day just to save yourself 10 minutes of queue time.

You selfish people need to stop looking at heroics in terms of "whats possible" and start thinking about "Whats considered carrying my own damn weight and not slowing everyone else down just to save myself a little time because I'm a selfish prick."

Every tank has a dps spec. If you're a fresh 80 you need to use it until you can keep up. I have all four tank specs and I would never have thought to queue any of them as tanks without adequate gear to keep a good pace.
    What the fucking kind of message is that?

At the start of Wrath it was perfectly reasonable to tank a heroic in blues with 20k health.

So suddenly now it isn't anymore? WTF? You have to remember there are still new alts (or new players alltogether) hitting 80 and they don't suddenly jump from leveling equip to 40k health. ~20k Health is perfectly acceptable to tank any heroic besides the ICC ones.

And I LOL at you for suggesting that someone that WANTS to tank (and even if it's their first tankchar wants to LEARN to tank) should queue as DPS until he has 40k HP.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I agree Aether, that guy is dumb, gearing up a new healer in BOA gear and greens I kept low geared blue tanks a live no problem, it's not hard, people just suck. If you can't keep a tank with 20k hp alive in tank gear in a heroic, you shouldn't be a healer. P.S. I much rather have a blue geared tank than a Heroic ICC geared DPS tank anyday.

Getting 40k health is not hard...

My pally alt's prot off spec has over 40k health just from basic tank gear I've picked up in heroics and bought off vendors.

When I'm on one of my healing classes and I do a five man for some money or gems.

I pull more and consecrate/chain-lightning/holy nova.

I can't die.

And the numbers they pull are very underwhelming.

Sometimes I get kicked, but I don't care because the requeue is instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Awarelol View Post
    I've run into a few instances where I (healer) had more HP than the tank, with the same buffs, etc. of course. I have full 264 gear, but still...
    Did he hold threat, and did you "OMG" have to heal him?

I run my shammy as resto for my wifes pally tank, she just has 28k health, I have NEVER had an issue keeping her alive, and she never has an issue holding threat. We do let the retard DPS that think they should attack every mob before she even throws a shield at em.

Comes down to, can they hold threat, then heal em and quit your QQ

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 02:55 PM ----------

/facepalm. Google Dual spec. Then google equipment manager. I have four tanks. I've done this 3 times (first tank was 80 first week of wrath). Saying you need more than ilvl 200 blues =/= to saying you must have full 277/284. Google "stawman argument."

If you pull 1k dps as tank and force all the dps to sit around only doing 3k dps then you have 10k dps total and the run takes forever. If you queue as dps(with dps spec and dps gear) you pull 2k, the real tank pulls 3k, everyone else pulls 7k avg. Now you have 26k dps and the run take 10 minutes instead of 20. Grats you just made back the entire 10 minutes you had to wait in queue and you didn't waste 10 minutes of four other peoples day.

Isn't math wonderful?

Who cares if you can do huge DPS, and if you have to scale back a little bit for a lower geared tank. Mobs die FAST, learn to assist the tank, you will need to do it with Cata "I hope" Now is a good time to start practicing.

It amazes me some people who are now over geared for heroics feel a sense of entitlement to random dungeons with people who are equally over geared and QQ when someone who dinged 80 shows up. If you don't like it, put a group together in Trade chat, and get over yourself

I am one of "those tanks" who uses the +170 stam brewfest trinkets, and used to use the brawler's trinket. I could have better trinkets if I ever ran randoms, but they do the job for questing and grinding that I do. But yes, I know where you are coming from. At least, when it comes to raids. I don't even have "the Patient" or the pug pet on my tank because I don't do randoms. But when I sometimes do the weekly raid, or go into naxx or ulduar for fun, I don't lack awareness and I don't cop an attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hots View Post
    I guess you are healer? Casue if so im sick of getting healers like you, who demand a kitted tank for a silly extremly simple heroic.
    Last night i ran heroics with some m8s and we all have fury warr alts and we got several healers who refused to heal any of us simply casue we took "too much damage" even though it all was easily healed. My opinion is that generally healers seem to rather to the Tauren "scratching my own ass" emote instead of healing.
    I don't think he really cares about the gear, he was really just pointing out the ones that have shitty gear also have a lack of awareness and bad attitude when given advice. I don't think anyone could care less if the tank is poorly geared and takes good criticism and is aware of it's surroundings.

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 11:15 AM ----------

I seriously doubt these people knew what def was before the patch so I don't think the patch had anything to do with it. I see this a lot as well. Usually DKs but the others do it too. They don't care if they slow the dungeon down for everyone else, they're just too selfish/lazy to wait in queue.

These people are a part of the reason that asshole dps treat tanks like shit. They encounter dps trying to play tank and then develop a bad attitude toward tanks and try to treat them like shit as often as possible.

Asshole tanks and asshole dps are just a fact of being on the internet. I think most people on the internet are only here to try to ruin someone elses fun. Until Bliz starts screening for maturity we just have to deal with it.
    You forgot about asshole healers, I've run instances where the pally tank is a mix of healing and tank gear and don't know what they are doing, if they do that's fine i could care less about the gear. Also the healers that are assholes and refuse to heal right off the bat because they see the gear the person is wearing instead of waiting to see how they do on trash pulls.

Deleted
    I had my share of fury warriors going dps to "tank" the current Heroics and i totally aprove this "new" concept of tanks and lets be honest, playing a certain class in wow aint hard or take any "skills" anymore, blizzard made this game very easy, every class is a 2-4 buttons playstyle (Read: pve wise!)

To those who say they dont have time to stay in a HC, good luck in cata

To those who whine bout this "new" concept of doing heroics in wolk, live with it for now, it wont last for long in cataclysm anyway

Atm im leveling a rogue for cataclysm, even at lvl 40+ tanks pull the entire instance just to "Aoe" it all, to make a faster run, this concept worries me, since it will have a affect on "new" people coming for cata.
    Guess we will see another wave of bad players cause of this method of doing dungeons at low levels :<
    "If it works in SM, it prolly works everytime!"

Nontheless, i love this game and i will defi play cataclysm aswell!

No no no. At the start of the Xpac tanks were in shit gear but that was ok because everyone was. To try to tank a random in blues now is just selfish as hell. You "start somewhere" as dps and dont tank until you are actually capable of tanking without slowing the instance down and adding 10 minutes to four other peoples day just to save yourself 10 minutes of queue time.

You selfish people need to stop looking at heroics in terms of "whats possible" and start thinking about "Whats considered carrying my own damn weight and not slowing everyone else down just to save myself a little time because I'm a selfish prick."

Every tank has a dps spec. If you're a fresh 80 you need to use it until you can keep up. I have all four tank specs and I would never have thought to queue any of them as tanks without adequate gear to keep a good pace.
    Guy's my hero

Quote Originally Posted by Hots View Post
    I guess you are healer? Casue if so im sick of getting healers like you, who demand a kitted tank for a silly extremly simple heroic.
    Last night i ran heroics with some m8s and we all have fury warr alts and we got several healers who refused to heal any of us simply casue we took "too much damage" even though it all was easily healed. My opinion is that generally healers seem to rather to the Tauren "scratching my own ass" emote instead of healing.
    im a healer also and id rater have a kitted out tank than 1 that dies in 2 secs regardless of how many heals i throw at them anyday