Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    [/COLOR] Stokes and Peyton are real good friends so that wouldn't surprise me at all. Dude is so old though so who knows what kind of step he has left. If Kendall Wright is still on the board at 25 you have to jump at him if you are Denver. Wright is going to be an excellent slot receiver and he can fill in in the return game for Royal. Could always go for Still and try and get a WR in lower rounds though without having it be too much of a downgrade from what they will get with Wright.
    I totally agree, although we also desperately need somebody to pressure up the middle on defense. As far as Stokely goes, even though he's old and probably slow, he's a fucking incredible route runner. He'd be a great pickup for third down situations.

Well, you heard it hear first nay-sayers. Shaka Khan has publicly said he is pursuing Tebow. So are the Dolphins, see that's what happens when you have owners not worried about winning, but filling the seats. I personally hope he goes to Miami. After seeing what the Patriots did to Tebow twice last year, that's two games i wouldn't have to worry about.

Edit: Also I lost a lot of respect for Manning, how do you ask an organization to un-retire a number so you can wear it. Sorry Manning that is an ego move, the man who wore it before had it retired for a reason. Now i don't care if you get knocked out of football on the first play. That was an ego move, and you owe that man an apology, and Denver allowing that to happen, shows what a classless organization.
    Last edited by stopbeingdumb; 2012-03-20 at 10:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stopbeingdumb View Post
    Well, you heard it hear first nay-sayers. Shaka Khan has publicly said he is pursuing Tebow. So are the Dolphins, see that's what happens when you have owners not worried about winning, but filling the seats. I personally hope he goes to Miami. After seeing what the Patriots did to Tebow twice last year, that's two games i wouldn't have to worry about.

Edit: Also I lost a lot of respect for Manning, how do you ask an organization to un-retire a number so you can wear it. Sorry Manning that is an ego move, the man who wore it before had it retired for a reason. Now i don't care if you get knocked out of football on the first play. That was an ego move, and you owe that man an apology, and Denver allowing that to happen, shows what a classless organization.
    Uh who cares about the number really. I'm not a Denver fan at all but I would have to say that they are one of the more classier organizations out there.

The man who wore that number earned the right to have it retired, the retiring of a number is a hall of fame for a team. That's like Derrick Rose asking to wear 23, or Kobe asking to wear 33. It's a huge dis-respect to that player.

10+ Year Old Account
    The man who wore that number earned the right to have it retired, the retiring of a number is a hall of fame for a team. That's like Derrick Rose asking to wear 23, or Kobe asking to wear 33. It's a huge dis-respect to that player.
    On March 9, 2012, Tripucka stated that he would allow #18 to be worn again by Peyton Manning if the Broncos were to sign him. On March 20, 2012, at a press conference announcing his signing by the Broncos, Manning thanked Tripucka "for allowing the franchise to unretire the number for him."
    He didn't ask for it to be unretired. Manning isn't that type of player.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this Manning news aside, Hines Ward has announced his retirement. At least he'll end his career as a Steeler, I guess.

And as for Tebow, we'll see if the Tebowmania is still left in him.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-03-20 at 11:09 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    All this Manning news aside, Hines Ward has announced his retirement. At least he'll end his career as a Steeler, I guess.

Tebow isn't the best football player but he is the most popular football player by a long shot. I think the "Tebowmania" will follow him till he dies.

10+ Year Old Account

Manning didn't ask for the number. Frank Tripucka himself said that he wouldn't mind the team un-retiring #18 so Manning could wear it. Peyton even talked to him personally in the past day or so because he didn't feel comfortable wearing someone's retired number.

As for the #18 being "retired for a reason", yes there is a reason. Tripucka was the Broncos first QB ... that's it. He wasn't even originally hired as the QB; he was brought in as an assistant coach. He was eventually named the QB because the team couldn't find one. (lol) He only played with the team for 4 years and, if what I've read is correct, he was a bit of an interception machine.

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 10:04 PM ----------

NFL.com Link

Texans just lost star LB Mario Williams. Their response is to .... trade away another pro-bowl LB (DeMeco Ryans)? And all they got was a 4th round pick and essentially move up a couple spots in the 3rd round?? Not sure I get this move.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    NFL.com Link

Texans just lost star LB Mario Williams. Their response is to .... trade away another pro-bowl LB (DeMeco Ryans)? And all they got was a 4th round pick and essentially move up a couple spots in the 3rd round?? Not sure I get this move.
    How the hell did the Eagles pull that off? Ryans is a massive, massive, upgrade to their linebacking group.

Kubiak has got to be screaming into a pillow over that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    On March 9, 2012, Tripucka stated that he would allow #18 to be worn again by Peyton Manning if the Broncos were to sign him. On March 20, 2012, at a press conference announcing his signing by the Broncos, Manning thanked Tripucka "for allowing the franchise to unretire the number for him."
    He didn't ask for it to be unretired. Manning isn't that type of player.
    Manning....is a stand-up guy. Nothing I ever see makes me think he's some kinda of jerk who's only in it for the money, or whatever. He's not my favorite player by any means, but he is one of my favorite personalities (alongside Chris Kluwe, as discussed previously in this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post

Too bad for Hines, always liked him as well. And yes, Tebowmania will continue, as long as he's playing. At least, for the next couple years. I still say he'll end up starting somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Yeah, really. They were so close last year. What are they doing with all those old-ass quarterbacks they still got hanging on their roster?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    The Texans are baffling. They trade away Ryan for a pittance. They lose Williams to free agency. They lost two OL, Winston the released and Briesel signed with the Raiders. They released their FB Vickers. They came damn close to losing the C Myers. Weird offseason for a team that was improving. Why do you remove two offensive lineman when you play a complicated zone blocking scheme? You don't replace guys like that over night as that is a weird system not many teams run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaka Khan has publicly said he is pursuing Tebow.
    Forgot to mention this earlier, but it's SHAHID Khan. Chaka Khan (it's actually spelled w/ a C, not an S) is a female singer.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Texans are baffling. They trade away Ryan for a pittance. They lose Williams to free agency. They lost two OL, Winston the released and Briesel signed with the Raiders. They released their FB Vickers. They came damn close to losing the C Myers. Weird offseason for a team that was improving. Why do you remove two offensive lineman when you play a complicated zone blocking scheme? You don't replace guys like that over night as that is a weird system not many teams run.
    I thought this was kinda crazy myself. It's not like they're in any major cap trouble. Winston, Briesel and Vickers are/were all important parts of that offense and this is the 2nd year in a row that they have to relace their FB. Not usually high on most teams' needs, but strange for a team that relies so heavily on Arian Foster.

One thing about the Ryans trade; the more I think about that trade, the more I have to question his health. That 2010 injury was pretty bad.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2012-03-21 at 02:05 PM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hawks wins over Caps but... they should have gotten that shutout.. I guess we'll be the only team who don't get a shutout this season. On the more positive side, Crawford havn't allowed 3-5 goals in a game.. That's good, I truely hope he is starting to reach hes peak when we (hopefully) make the playoff. Anyway it the best performance by Kane that I've seen is a long time, keep that up against Nucks today Just to bad he didn't score at the break away he had at the end of first periode. Can't really wait to watch it should be good fun, with around 5 goals I hope. I just pray to the Hawks not getting many penalties, then we're... how to put it.. fucked will go I guess.
    Let's go Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwks!
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2012-03-21 at 02:53 PM.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing about the Ryans trade; the more I think about that trade, the more I have to question his health. That 2010 injury was pretty bad.
    Ya I'm sure it was an injury dump of some kind which is potentially why a lot of people wonder if they let Winston leave. If they know something about his potential health then it makes sense to let him go. If there isn't a health concern then WTF.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Shaun (?) Peyton suspended for the year without pay
    - Williams ( think that's the DC) suspended indefinitely
    - Saints lose 2nd round picks this year and next year

- Tebow traded to the Jets for a 4th round pick

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 01:13 PM ----------

GM Mickey Loomis also suspended 8 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tebow is a Jet? Now the Jets have two QBs who can't throw.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Hawks wins over Caps but... they should have gotten that shutout.. I guess we'll be the only team who don't get a shutout this season. On the more positive side, Crawford havn't allowed 3-5 goals in a game.. That's good, I truely hope he is starting to reach hes peak when we (hopefully) make the playoff. Anyway it the best performance by Kane that I've seen is a long time, keep that up against Nucks today Just to bad he didn't score at the break away he had at the end of first periode. Can't really wait to watch it should be good fun, with around 5 goals I hope. I just pray to the Hawks not getting many penalties, then we're... how to put it.. fucked will go I guess.
    Let's go Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwks!
    I think you clicked the wrong sport lol

10+ Year Old Account
    - Tebow traded to the Jets for a 4th round pick[COLOR="red"]
    Think this may actually be a 4th and 6th (or 7th) round pick.

Was about to post that, but I don't think anyone saw the trade to the Jets coming. I am still trying to wrap my brain around it.

- Shaun (?) Peyton suspended for the year without pay.
    Edit: Guess the Bounty System really is being looked into.

*looks at Jim Schwartz* Release the Suh-ken!
    Last edited by Drofu; 2012-03-21 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    Guess the Bounty System really is being looked into.
    The best part is that Williams isn't even with the team anymore. I think he is (or WAS) the new DC for the Rams. I'd imagine this effectively ends his career in the NFL.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2012-03-21 at 05:45 PM.