Minnesota=sleeper team this year! You just watch out! the only reason blaine gabbert was having his way with us is because he is a STUD!

/in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Minnesota=sleeper team this year! You just watch out! the only reason blaine gabbert was having his way with us is because he is a STUD!

/in denial.
    You know, if they were in a couple different divisions they MIGHT have a chance at competing. But playing the pack, bears, and lions twice each is going to be at least 5 losses right there. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You know, if they were in a couple different divisions they MIGHT have a chance at competing. But playing the pack, bears, and lions twice each is going to be at least 5 losses right there. :P
    just depends whether they play them before or after Cutler and Stafford get injured

jinxjinxjinxjinx

10+ Year Old Account
    It was 3 or 4 a.m. when first half of PIT-DEN ended so I went to bed at that point, and just now watched second half. Still have a few weeks to see how it turns out, but I am now officially getting excited for Sun Oct 7th DEN-NE.

Old school Manning-Brady game, I'd pretty much given up on that idea, but I'm getting another one. Would have felt really tragic and been a real downer had Manning been bad now or his team not up to snuff, but like this? This should be AWESOME!

Outside of the AFC East, this game, and games against Baltimore and Houston are pretty much the only games we're not going to be expected to win big in our easy as hell schedule. And I prefer games where NE gets challenged and has to deliver.

on the Jets..

- gotta give credit to the O-Line for their pass protection. 0 sacks.. and I'm not sure Sanchez was even knocked down all that much, if at all.. maybe the problem was really all Wayne Hunter.. anyway, we'll see how they hold up against the top echelon pass rushing teams. Mario Williams complaining this morning about the refs, so there might be something there..

- i'm in love with the new Jet safeties (Landry & Bell).. if these guys can stay healthy, they're gonna put a hurtin on a lot of people, especially Landry.. dude goes all out on every hit.. you can see why he's been riddled with injuries in the past

- not really going to comment on the wildcat other than that it was hardly effective, but who knows, it might be just setting up teams in the future.. i think Tebow was behind center 5/6 times and they ran it every time.. i would like to see him throw the ball.. i'm glad they showed self control on that 4th & 1 and didn't use it there.. save it for when they really need it...

As a Bronco's fan, I'm pretty damn happy. Good running game and Peyton is deadly. The reffing is pretty awful as well. WTB old refs. Between the 4th timeout, the block in the backs, pass interference and roughing the passer, it's going to be a tough year if they don't work something out with the refs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, something that people missed, AP looked good too. Hope he can stay healthy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    As a Bronco's fan, I'm pretty damn happy. Good running game and Peyton is deadly. The reffing is pretty awful as well. WTB old refs. Between the 4th timeout, the block in the backs, pass interference and roughing the passer, it's going to be a tough year if they don't work something out with the refs.
    I find it hilarious that the NFL keeps trying to feed us this crap that the replacements won't affect the quality of the game. Yeah, because I'm sure a bunch of guys from DII and DIII football will be just as good as the guys who have been working in the NFL for years. Oh yeah, and let's not forget that one of the replacement refs was refereeing for the Lingerie Football League.

Yup, no way in Hell they'll fuck things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    I find it hilarious that the NFL keeps trying to feed us this crap that the replacements won't affect the quality of the game. Yeah, because I'm sure a bunch of guys from DII and DIII football will be just as good as the guys who have been working in the NFL for years. Oh yeah, and let's not forget that one of the replacement refs was refereeing for the Lingerie Football League.

Yup, no way in Hell they'll fuck things up.
    Watch the end of the Arizona Seattle game. It was a train wreck on the refs part.

They missed a lot of false starts too.

Don't worry though... it will be fine... . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Watch the end of the Arizona Seattle game. It was a train wreck on the refs part.

They missed a lot of false starts too.

Don't worry though... it will be fine... . .
    It's ok, they let Denver play a whole play before they decided that Pittsburgh threw a challenge flag for the previous play.

Steelers looked like absolute shit. The offensive line was a mess and had more injuries - something I didn't even think was possible. Roethlisberger had no support from the run game, which averaged a little over 2.5 YPC. Their defense was an absolute mess and let Thomas run all over them again. I don't even know what to say, this isn't the same Steelers team that played last year. It looked more like the one that lost to Baltimore in the season opener last year as well. From suspect play calling to bad challenges, from top to bottom the Steelers looked and played like absolute shit. The Steelers should be embarrassed and Ben taking the blame is only the tip of the iceberg.

If next week is the same, there's going to be trouble in Pittsburgh.

Congratulations to the Broncos, though. Manning did look surgical and picked apart our defense with that no-huddle. I don't know what it is with Thomas, but we can't stop him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's ok, they let Denver play a whole play before they decided that Pittsburgh threw a challenge flag for the previous play.
    Yeah I saw that. Isn't there normally a fucking ref by a coach anyway?

Jesus.... its terrible.

Also, note to self.. never read the seahawks reddit again. I despise reddit to start with, but after seeing all the backseat coaching it makes me want to dig my eyes out with spoons. Not saying the play calls were good on our part, but running the ball with 30 seconds on the clock with a defense that dominated our run game and no time outs (well I shouldn't say that, maybe they had some more laying around somewhere).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah I saw that. Isn't there normally a fucking ref by a coach anyway?

Jesus.... its terrible.
    Well, to be fair, Tomlin threw the flag right as the ball was being hiked. Should not have given him the option to challenge, but oh well, his loss of a timeout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, to be fair, Tomlin threw the flag right as the ball was being hiked. Should not have given him the option to challenge, but oh well, his loss of a timeout.
    Eh, it was really close. I think he got it out on time, but a knee jerk reaction on his part once he saw them hurrying.

I don't like to make many judgements based on week one, but holy shit the Niners looked good. I thought they were a prime candidate for regression, and were going to get spanked by a Packers team on a mission. Now the GB defense is garbage, but Alex Smith looked pretty solid.

Also, I think the Pittsburgh defense is officially washed up now. Five years ago, wouldn't Polamalu have run down Thomas on that catch and run for the long touchdown? Granted, they were missing Clark and Harrison, but the defense just didn't look like that vaunted Pitt D of old.

I'm not ready to make any other judgements yet, but the Falcons might be better than I thought they'd be. To play that well against the Chefs at KC is not easy. Like the rest of us, I also have no idea what to make of the Jets now.

Oh and I don't think the replacement refs were THAT bad. They were worse than the real ones, but it wasn't an unmitigated disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I don't like to make many judgements based on week one, but holy shit the Niners looked good. I thought they were a prime candidate for regression, and were going to get spanked by a Packers team on a mission. Now the GB defense is garbage, but Alex Smith looked pretty solid.

Also, I think the Pittsburgh defense is officially washed up now. Five years ago, wouldn't Polamalu have run down Thomas on that catch and run for the long touchdown? Granted, they were missing Clark and Harrison, but the defense just didn't look like that vaunted Pitt D of old.

I'm not ready to make any other judgements yet, but the Falcons might be better than I thought they'd be. To play that well against the Chefs at KC is not easy. Like the rest of us, I also have no idea what to make of the Jets now.
    Niners are scary now. Alex Smith was pitching some lasers in that game. I feel reassured about giving him so much credit in the post season last year.

Pittsburgh's D was ok initially, then Manning just tore them apart. They were worn out pretty well with the weather + high altitude.

I'm not sure if I like having to deal with 6 hours of E!SPN's shitty commentators tonight. 3 is more than enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what of the game that I watched, as soon as Manning started getting to run the offense, they really kicked it up a notch or two. That is just how Manning plays, he is better in a no huddle offense, calling his own plays.

Alex Smith's confidence is going to go through the roof, he has the same offensive coordinator / coach combo for the first time in his career, and Baalke and Co. brought in more weapons, they weren't going to put up with another 1 completion to WR fiasco like in the NFCCG. Smith completed 15/16 to receivers, and was 8/8 to Manningham and Moss, I am ecstatic over what can be accomplished by the offense this year, barring injuries.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    on the Jets..

- gotta give credit to the O-Line for their pass protection. 0 sacks.. and I'm not sure Sanchez was even knocked down all that much, if at all.. maybe the problem was really all Wayne Hunter.. anyway, we'll see how they hold up against the top echelon pass rushing teams. Mario Williams complaining this morning about the refs, so there might be something there..

- i'm in love with the new Jet safeties (Landry & Bell).. if these guys can stay healthy, they're gonna put a hurtin on a lot of people, especially Landry.. dude goes all out on every hit.. you can see why he's been riddled with injuries in the past

- not really going to comment on the wildcat other than that it was hardly effective, but who knows, it might be just setting up teams in the future.. i think Tebow was behind center 5/6 times and they ran it every time.. i would like to see him throw the ball.. i'm glad they showed self control on that 4th & 1 and didn't use it there.. save it for when they really need it...
    I agree with everything you said. I really do think hunter has been the problem with the O-line this entire time. It was great to see how Sanchez can play when he has time to throw the ball. I also think Tebow might have been the challenge he needed to step up his game. If Tebow serves only to make Sanchez play harder then I'm glad he is there but other then that he just makes teams have to spend time practicing defending the wildcat when prepping for the Jets.

I was also pretty impressed with the Jets receivers. Stephen Hill looks like he might be the long threat the offense has been lacking for years. I also liked how many different receivers got the ball yesterday. With that many options open up the field Sanchez did a good job of spreading the ball around the field.

The new safeties did look great. I was impressed with Landry's ability to get up to the line and make tackles on running plays. My two concerns with the defense were those two huge runs they let up, and that Revis has a concussion. If Revis is out next week against the Steelers it might get ugly and if they aren't more effect at stopping the run then it might be a long day for the defense.

I honestly thought this season would be terrible for the Jets but I liked what I saw for the most part on Sunday.
    Last edited by Bairne; 2012-09-10 at 07:46 PM.

Dont get me wrong winning @ Green Bay is a significant win for the 49ers, but I cant really buy their offense cause of that. Green Bay was either last or close to last in defense last year and watching that game they had so many blown coverages, Vernon Davis big catch and Randy Moss TD in particular there was nobody around. Sadly it doesnt look like we can really see what Alex Smith can do this season til about week 4 vs the Jets. Their 2 games before that (Detroit and Minnesota) are also relatively poor defensive units. Im definitely not buying into him which is the main reason I dont buy the 49ers team.

If I had to make any knee jerk reactions to my playoff teams Id probably put the Jets in and take the Bills out. Everybody else I had (NFC: Packers, Bears, Falcons, Cowboys, Eagles, 49ers. AFC: Texans, Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos) I am still fairly confident that they will be playoff teams barring injury. Maybe the Bengals or Chargers will come out tonight and surprise me by being better than I thought they were.

Its only one week but still kinda funny to look at the NFC East and North standings. Not many people wouldve had the Packers and Giants in last place.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post

heard this the first month last year.... until they are officially outside the top ten on a season, pittsburgh is still to be respected on defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."