Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    There's more to being a good QB that throwing a bunch of 5 yard touchdown passes. Wilson has 9 sub 200 yard games this season. He isn't carrying shit! Lynch and the defence is making sure the other team simply don't score enough for Wilson to have to prove his worth. God forbid that Lynch gets hurts and the defence has a bad day the Seahawks will collapse when Wilson is forced to run an up tempo all out pass attack to catch up.

I would love to see the Seahawks play Brady, Manning or Rodgers in january/febuary and the defence/Lynch have a bad day just so the "Wilson" fanatics" would shut up.
    I'm with you that Luck has to carry his team than Wilson, but have you watched Russell Wilson play this year? The guy's the truth. Plus his stats from week 8 onward are truly amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    There's more to being a good QB that throwing a bunch of 5 yard touchdown passes. Wilson has 9 sub 200 yard games this season. He isn't carrying shit! Lynch and the defence is making sure the other team simply don't score enough for Wilson to have to prove his worth. God forbid that Lynch gets hurts and the defence has a bad day the Seahawks will collapse when Wilson is forced to run an up tempo all out pass attack to catch up.

I would love to see the Seahawks play Brady, Manning or Rodgers in january/febuary and the defence/Lynch have a bad day just so the "Wilson" fanatics" would shut up.
    So you want a team playing full strength against a team playing half assed?

Alright, because on paper our defense should be absolutely awful. 5th and 6th string rookie and 2nd year corners, Jason Jones on IR and we're still shutting down teams. Even if Lynch was hurt, Robert Turbin is just as effective. Sure you can paint your unlikely scenarios if you want, but the team is on Wilson's shoulders right now. Sure there is more to a good QB than throwing 5 yard TD passes. FYI, Wilson was 11/12 on 3rd down conversions scored everytime in the redzone against "the best defense in the NFL."

Statistically Wilson is an amazing rookie QB if you look at it as a fanboy or somebody that hates him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Luck throws the ball more, big whoop, those two played a lot of common games, you can look at how they did in those games and give greater analysis, of course it excludes Wilson destroying the (former) best defense in the league last week

Green Bay - Luck did better considering Wilson had some "help" both teams won 10/21 130 2/0 and 31/55 361 2/1
    New England - Wilson went for 293 and 3TDs/0INT on 27 passes and won, Luck 27/50 334 2/3 and lost
    Detroit - Wilson 25/35 236 2/1 loss, Luck 24/54 391 4/3 won
    Minn - Wilson 16/24 173 3/0 win, Luck 20/31 224 2/0 win
    Jets - Wilson 12/19 188 2/0 win, Luck 22/44 280 0/2 loss ouch
    Miami - Wilson 21/27 224 2/0 loss, Luck 30/48 433 2/0 win
    Chicago - Wilson 23/37 293 2/0 win, Luck 23/45 309 1/3 loss
    Buffalo - Wilson 14/23 205 1/0 win, Luck 20/37 240 1/1 win

SHOCKER ALERT: Payton and Saints reach an extension.

I thought it was hilarious when I saw articles and analysts debating his next team. Obviously it was more for ratings/views as anyone who knows anything about football knew he would stay there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    SHOCKER ALERT: Payton and Saints reach an extension.

I thought it was hilarious when I saw articles and analysts debating his next team. Obviously it was more for ratings/views as anyone who knows anything about football knew he would stay there.
    Yeah, to replace it is rumors that Chip Kelly and Steve Sarkisian have interest in coaching the Eagles.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I can get into the Wilson vs Luck debate this is without me looking at stats and whatnot and just going by what I hear on the radio and TV and whatnot.
    The Seachickens had to pretty much streamline the playbook for Wilson same goes for RG3 as Colts pretty much keep the same playbook and keep the pro style.
    Luck went to a team that had 2 wins Wilson went to a team with a top 5 running back and top 5 defense and won 7 games.
    I think next year Wilson and RG3 will have the same problem that Cam Newton had and that is people will have them on tape and be able to adjust to how they play. I think that Luck will be like the 5 greats playing atm Brady,Manning,Rodgers,Brees,and Ryan were it's just systematic and nothing you can really do except try and disturb the play as much as possible just like you would for those 5. RG3 and Wilson are small they will take more of a pounding I mean RG3 has already been hurt a few times this year and I think it will catch up to Wilson as well even thou he doesn't move as much as RG3 or Newton.
    What does Rodgers,Romo,Luck,Newton,Big Ben have in common they can move out of the pocket... and are F'n big.
    Romo is 6foot 2.5 inches and weighs 230ish and he is the smallest one of those guys Wilson is 5'9 210 if hes wet. I know Brees is small to but he is like 6'0 210 that's still 3 inches taller plus he stays in the pocket like always.

This year I think Wilson and RG3 has had a better year then luck I also think that the Colts have needed Luck to win games where I think Seattle's defense and running game makes it where its not just on Wilson's back to win.
    BTW The team captain for the Seahawk's is Max Unger and Red Bryant the captains for the colts is Andrew Luck and Reggie wayne.

Luck certainly has to do more for his team to win than Russel Wilson does. You can analyze numbers all you want but if you take out the QB position and look at each team, the Seahawks would be better at almost every other position than the Colts. Even before Russel Wilson played a game people were saying how the Seahawks were one of the most prepared teams to win if they just had a QB, similar to San Francisco. Naturally, it means the QB for the worse team will have to do more in order to get victories.

With that said I honestly dont think either of them are ROTY I think its RG3.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole "Cam Newton/Sophomore slump" thing is a valid point. Though 90% of the time Wilson runs its off a scramble or a zone read. I don't see many designed quarterback draws like RG3 and Cam. I don't mind it when Wilson scrambles for some yards, I don't like the designed QB draws though.

Makes me wonder how defenses will clamp down on the zone read. It really tears apart linebackers.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That is nonsense. If Luck was "carrying the Colts on his back" by himself, why does Wilson have more TDs while playing against the single hardest defensive schedule in the NFL? Luck has buried his team time after time this year with irresponsible play and then has clawed his way back out with a desperate passing game inflating his stats and minimizing the value of their mediocre running game. Its hard to run the ball when the QB spots the other team 2-3 picks like Luck did in numerous games.
    How is it non-sense? Of course Wilson is playing great. He has the best supporting cast out of any of the rookies. When you have his legs and the second best runner in the L a lot of pressure is taken off of your shoulders. Imagine if Luck was under center in Seattle. He would be having an even more monstrous season.

I mean with Matt Flynn the hawks would still be playoff contenders. Without Luck would the Colts be 10-5? That's what you have to ask yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay game day tomorrow. Wooooooooo, bring the weed, pizza, beer and Viking's stuff.
    Everyone is welcome at my place.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    How is it non-sense? Of course Wilson is playing great. He has the best supporting cast out of any of the rookies. When you have his legs and the second best runner in the L a lot of pressure is taken off of your shoulders. Imagine if Luck was under center in Seattle. He would be having an even more monstrous season.
    he'd have thrown it 200 fewer times and none of his passes would be to Reggie Wayne, if you want to be objective about it

and sure it doesn't matter who the QB is for the Seahawks! that's why they win 10+ games every single year! no matter who is throwing passes! count up all them superbowl rings, a monkey could be their QB!

how can you guys shovel this shit with a straight face? well I can't see you maybe you're wincing too

and Newton's numbers are comparable to last season except for the rushing TDs and most considered numbers that high to be an aberration, the big drop off has been in the supporting cast, particularly in the running game, when you consider he's leading the team in rushing and they're getting 30 yards fewer per game than last year, there hasn't really been any regression, he's the same guy, the bar just got set awfully high and people expected improvement

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Draynay do you really think last years colts team is just as good as the Seahawks team was last year. I mean Reggie Wayne is good but he has never been a Calvin Johnson/Randy moss type receiver he doesn't make QB's better. He had a QB that made him better in Payton freaking Manning.

10+ Year Old Account
    so are we going to base all our conclusions on last seasons records? that sloppy logic is what the Peyton for MVP 2011 people used, look how bad they were without him! I don't see a need to speculate when there are facts in front of us, I posted a bunch of them earlier, both Wilson and Luck had similar degrees of success in their common games, Wilson was more efficient and produced more points, Luck produced more yardage, its going to be the same through and through

if being able to throw the ball 40 times a game was all that mattered, Drew Bledsoe would be a hall of famer, Luck hasn't outperformed the other two leading rookie passers, but the fact that he has had to do so much can justify his shortcomings, sure he threw more picks than Wilson and Griffin combined, but he had a lot less of a running game to lean on, I understand that, but you show me what Luck has done versus what they have done and I don't see how you can decisively argue that he has done better.

Washington and Seattle are 1-2 in rushing, the Colts are 22nd, but all 3 rookies have succeeded in the situations given to them, my argument was that you put Luck into Wilson's situation, he puts up numbers closer to Wilson's than to what he's done in Indy, and to ignore the fact that he has a veteran receiver with nearly 1000 receptions is just more self-serving bias. Discounting the value of Wayne is no better than discounting the value of a QB for a team like Seattle, if it was so easy to QB for them then why go after Flynn? why draft Wilson? why not stick with Jackson or Whitehurst if the running game and D was going to win everything for them anyway.

Some of you just focus on one thing and ignore the alternatives and its bothersome to constantly read the same dribble, but I guess thats the internet. All of the rookie QBs went to places that have given them the opportunity to succeed, except Weeden of course, that poor bastard got dealt the Cleveland card. All of the rookies have performed to expectations, Wilson has exceeded his to say the least, so there is a lot of excitement about what he has done, plus he's on the verge of breaking Manning's TD record, thats enough for me to give him ROY, the arguments against it are just silly though, trying to compare apples and oranges, trying to penalize Wilson for having teammates that are also having good seasons.

There's lots of ways to look at it, the Colts have 2 wins this season against teams with winning records, the Seahawks have 6, it could be argued that the Colts asked more of their QB but I think the Seahawks have gotten more from theirs.

Deleted
    Rookie of the Year is RG3.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean with Matt Flynn the hawks would still be playoff contenders. Without Luck would the Colts be 10-5? That's what you have to ask yourself.
    You know who is having a great season after coming off a season and half of injuries? Sidney Rice.

You know who is having a break out year? Golden Tate.

What Lynch is doing is what he has done every year since coming to Seattle, since Hasselbeck was QB. Seattle has been known to be a run heavy team (cough cough Shaun Alexander).

15+ Year Old Account
    Schwartz may be out in Detroit. The ownership and GM have had discussions about the culture of the team on the field and they might eat Schwartz's new extension.

I don't even want to think about Alexander. At least Lynch is playing good after his contract year. Shaun got his money and just disappeared. Golden Tate is having a break out year? 548 yards isn't a huge break out too me. Rice is playing pretty decent but he's over 200 off 1000 yards as well. Our passing game isn't really what people are taking about it's our d and lynch running 10 times for a buck-twenty. We need a guy like Greg Jennings to come in here and give Wilson a real option. If the Hawks don't grab a WR in the draft i'll be pretty surprised. Rice is on and off and Tate isn't consistent enough to be counted on as a reliable target. What I want to know is what happened to Baldwin? He had a pretty solid rookie season for our QB situation last year and this year has kind of fallen off the face of the planet until the niners game.

I have no doubt that Wilson is good, but if he was in Indy I am not sure that he would be having the same kind of year that he's had. I love Wilson he's a born leader, he's poised in the pocket but he was also super shy in our offense for half the year and at times I wondered why Flynn wasn't in there. There is no question now that he should be the QB, but at the beginning of the year I defiantly think in the first half people questioned it

I can't be biased here at all, I am a Seattle fan but I have to be honest about that situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baltimore's putting in Tyrod Taylor...

So...they don't have any playoff implications with this game, do they?

10+ Year Old Account
    they can't get a bye, they're either the 3 or 4 seed, the possibility exists they play the Bengals again, Idunno its weird

so they were saying Andy Reid was busy trying to put his staff together for his next job, looks like everybody else on the team is looking towards their next jobs too
    Last edited by draynay; 2012-12-30 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even want to think about Alexander. At least Lynch is playing good after his contract year. Shaun got his money and just disappeared. Golden Tate is having a break out year? 548 yards isn't a huge break out too me. Rice is playing pretty decent but he's over 200 off 1000 yards as well. Our passing game isn't really what people are taking about it's our d and lynch running 10 times for a buck-twenty. We need a guy like Greg Jennings to come in here and give Wilson a real option. If the Hawks don't grab a WR in the draft i'll be pretty surprised. Rice is on and off and Tate isn't consistent enough to be counted on as a reliable target. What I want to know is what happened to Baldwin? He had a pretty solid rookie season for our QB situation last year and this year has kind of fallen off the face of the planet until the niners game.

I have no doubt that Wilson is good, but if he was in Indy I am not sure that he would be having the same kind of year that he's had. I love Wilson he's a born leader, he's poised in the pocket but he was also super shy in our offense for half the year and at times I wondered why Flynn wasn't in there. There is no question now that he should be the QB, but at the beginning of the year I defiantly think in the first half people questioned it

I can't be biased here at all, I am a Seattle fan but I have to be honest about that situation.
    Shaun got hurt and performed poorly afterwards. Thats why he got cut, not took the money and ran.

Golden Tate is like, the most clutch WR on the team. Stop looking at the stats and look at the plays he makes and when. Especially the bears, dolphins, lions, and jets games. Baldwin is great for blocking, thats why hes the 3rd target.

Don't expect the Seahawaks to draft a WR first round. Expect LB/G/RT or even DB/DE.