10+ Year Old Account
    Minnesota might be a good landing spot for Cassel if he gets released, it looks to me like they could stand to have a veteran backup and Cassel is a guy who has had some success handing off a lot and throwing to his one good receiver

10+ Year Old Account
    I really would have liked to see MN vs. GB with Ponder in the game, I dont see the Vikings winning even with Ponder, but I would have liked to see the game with Ponder in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Minnesota might be a good landing spot for Cassel if he gets released, it looks to me like they could stand to have a veteran backup and Cassel is a guy who has had some success handing off a lot and throwing to his one good receiver
    Isn't there rumors of Percy Harvin being dropped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Isn't there rumors of Percy Harvin being dropped?
    Why, does Minnesota want to lose more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Why, does Minnesota want to lose more?
    It was a few weeks after he got put on IR when the rumors turned up. Maybe his contract is up or something. I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www-thescore.s3.amazonaws.com...gif?1357432946

Matt Schaub after throwing the first down to win the game.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a few weeks after he got put on IR when the rumors turned up. Maybe his contract is up or something. I dunno.
    His contract has one more year on if. Rumor has it he's unhappy with something here, he never really got along with Childress when he was here, but I cant imagine anyone not getting along with Leslie Frazier.I've also heard a rumor that he didnt like going the "Ponder" direction that the team is going. Maybe he was a Joe Webb believer? If thats the case, hopfully tonight settled any of those feelings. Anyways, if he's unhappy in MN for whatever reason, I say get rid of him while he's worth something. We could use a WR that wants to be here with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    there were rumors before the season, nothing came of it, he's got the last year of his rookie deal, if he just wants an extension and then will be a happy camper, they can probably fix it, if its something else, they can probably tell him to just suck it up while he still has one relatively inexpensive year left on his deal and then let him walk or hold him hostage with franchise tags

15+ Year Old Account
    Doug Marrone, head coach of Syracuse, is the new HC in Buffalo.

skip bayless really makes my head hurt......

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...anapolis-colts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post

What makes my head hurt is how much I agreed with him. Sure, I'm a Manning homer, but I can see past the GWDs and the wins to see that Luck was awful this year. He will be a good NFL QB, but Skip is right in that he isn't going to catch Manning any time soon and he is a distant third to the other two good rookie QBs.

Skip just says ridiculous shit so people will pay attention to him. The Colts won 11 games this year. How much more could they have won if they kept Manning? 2, maybe 3 regular season games max, and maybe 1 more playoff game? That wouldn't make an ounce of difference in the long run because even with Manning they aren't good enough to win a Super Bowl. Factor in that Manning would have cost $23 mill for this year alone while Luck only makes $23 mill over the entire life of his four-year contract *and* that Luck will be a franchise QB for a decade after Manning retires and it's a no-brainer. Cutting Manning was the only move that made sense.

Yeah, RG3 and Wilson have been better. But I don't know a single person who thought RG3 would even be comparable to Luck, and Wilson was a 3rd rounder, so that means every team in the league passed on him twice. Hard to fault Indy for passing on him, especially when the dude they got with the first pick is still a franchise QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before last years combine there was a pretty good debate that if RG3 would be better than Luck. After the combine those headlines kinda got shot down cause Luck had a good performance.

But yeah, I don't listen to anything Skip Bayless says. Aside from the NFC West blog I don't really even bother with ESPN.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh dear shit, where do I start?

1. "And Irsay and his new general manager, Ryan Grigson, compounded that calculated blunder last April by drafting Andrew Luck over Robert Griffin III."

Rookie seasons, you dolt. Indly literally wanted the next Peyton Manning. They may have found him. Not every team wants a versatile quarterback. As you so point out, Manning himself is the potential MVP this year, and he sure as hell ain't breaking out some 70-yard runs. Guess who else doesn't break those runs? Tom Brady, Matt Schaub (yeah I know).

2. "Indy's worst nightmare: Peyton versus RG III in the Super Bowl. I, for one, would not be shocked."

Seriously, is there some rule somewhere at ESPN that you have to suck this man's teet everywhere you go? Why is everybody speaking like RG3 is the next coming of Jesus or some-fucking-thing? There is only going to be one time this needs to be siad. RG3 will not, WILL NOT, be playing in a Super Bowl this year.

3. "Peyton Manning, who had "lost too much arm strength" early in the season, finished with the NFL's No. 1 QBR at 84.1. No other QB broke 80."

When you use QBR and only QBR to justify your position, you lose all semblance of respect.

4. "Yet this man still isn't getting enough credit because now people shrug and say, 'Well, what'd you expect from Peyton Manning?'"

No, I'm pretty sure everyone has him near or at the top of their MVP list. Of course you wouldn't know that Skip, since you were only let out of your cage to write this retarded article.

And then he bashes Adrian Peterson for not being old. I don't get that really, but whatever. Both came off serious injuries. One of them came a frog's hair from breaking a long-standing coveted NFL record. The other had good. but not anywhere near, record-breaking stats. If you want to put Manning over Peterson for awards, fine, but don't sit there and bash one over the other for no other reason than you're mentally insane.

Sorry, I just don't get it. A fucking five-year old could probably write a better article, and you know how I feel about most commentators on the air. Why do these people say things like this and get paid to do so?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    All these management and coaching changes sweeping the NFL and all I hear is crickets from 4-12 Oakland. And Andy Reid going to the division rival chiefs is not helping either. Sick of telling my kids Raider stories from 3 decades ago.
    Operation Red Wing

Before last years combine there was a pretty good debate that if RG3 would be better than Luck. After the combine those headlines kinda got shot down cause Luck had a good performance.

But yeah, I don't listen to anything Skip Bayless says. Aside from the NFC West blog I don't really even bother with ESPN.
    Sportswriters may have had that debate, but they also had a debate two years ago about whether Blaine Gabbert would be better than Cam Newton. You can see why I have trust issues with sportswriters.

No one I know who watches football thought RG3 would be as amazing as he has been, and the only sportswriter I consider trustworthy (Bill Simmons) was the only one to predict Wilson's greatness. They were far from guaranteed to be successful and you can't fault Indy for taking the sure thing.

I still like Webb, but his first start is at the playoffs away? I didn't really think he would be able to keep it calm. I think he's as good of a passer as Ponder, but a much better runner.

If anything he at LEAST threw some passes down the field. I like the attempts.

/shrug. next year I guess.

10+ Year Old Account

you probably shouldn't read the article in his voice, that will cut down a lot of the pain

I saw nothing wrong with that article. I dont necessarily agree with all of it (Peterson would be my MVP, Peyton comeback) but I mean he has a point. Them cutting Peyton was pretty rediculous. They couldve had Luck and Peyton right now if they wanted to and they would be a better team, and cant say it would hurt Luck cause Rodgers sat behind Favre for a few years and I think he turned out pretty good. Nobody in their right mind can argue Luck right now is better than Manning. Luck vs RG3 vs Wilson is a different animal and no matter what happens this season cant be judged for a few years more. So I dont think Luck was the right or wrong choice, least not yet.

Skip says some outlandish stuff but he has been right about a good amount of it. He said Tebow would win games as the starter in Denver, he did. He became one of my favorite analysts because for years he was calling Lebron James a childish choke artist and overrated and only until the Dallas series did people start to agree with him and see what the rest of us have been noticing all along. Anyways not everything the guy says is without merit, like him or dislike him though thats up to you.

Also to the mention of Bill Simmons being on the Seahawks bandwagon he also said this in week 13
    "I have some sad news: I'm breaking up with the Seahawks. After watching them blow a winnable road game in the fourth quarter for the FIFTH time, enough was enough. Next time I pick a Pete Carroll team as my Super Bowl sleeper, you have permission to hit me with a 12-inch Subway sub. Seriously. It can even be a meatball and cheese. Print out this column, show it to the police, do whatever you need to do. You're off the hook for attemped assault. I told you to do it. Don't let me pick Pete Carroll again. Save me from myself."

15+ Year Old Account
    Could it have possibly taken the refs longer to figure out that intentional grounding call? Spotting it and figuring out the down took nearly as long as the rest of the damn quarter.