Because nobody else is predicting it

Ravens v. Falcons for superbowl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post

Hey I haven't said my prediction.

I do kinda want Ravens vs Hawks for a bird bowl.

Also Arian Foster is probably one of the funniest football players I follow on twitter. John Moffitt a close 2nd.

Hahaha he's seriously awesome. Now that's going to be in my head for the rest of the evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post

Infracted for trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Hey I haven't said my prediction.

I do kinda want Ravens vs Hawks for a bird bowl.

Also Arian Foster is probably one of the funniest football players I follow on twitter. John Moffitt a close 2nd.
    I literally laughed out loud at Foster's, the other I can't tell if he's speaking English.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I dont see how a Green Bay vs New England Super Bowl would be bad, thats prob the best combo. Just watch 2 great QBs duking it out racking up the yardage for prolific offenses. Green Bay and New England have never played each other in the Super Bowl so it would still be a fresh combo. Green Bay vs Denver would also be great. Actually now that I think about it Green Bay vs Denver would be my favorite combo, since I can cheer for both sides. Anything the Patriots are involved in I cheer vehemently for the other team. I think Atlanta would be the most boring NFC team to make it, for the AFC none are bad options. Id still rather watch a great offense with great QBs than stuck with Flacco or Schaub though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I meant in recent memory. I doubt many would complain that this matchup happened 16 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    that was awhile ago...

check out the halftime performers... James Brown, ZZ Top, it was a million fucking years ago, Luther Vandross sang the national anthem

so if you have a point, its going to take some effort on your part to make it clearer

Not trying to make a point? Was answering the bolded part, not trying to be snarky. Guy said never, I responded with a link showing that it's happened before.

If you "meant" recent memory, put "recent memory" in there, and exclude the word "never".

My response is only crappy because of the tone taken with me via another poster. Carry on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Taking away the home team, I agree that NE/GB would be the better game just because the teams haven't played each other in the season.
    I had to look it up, as I wasn't sure, but Rodgers-led Packers have never played a Brady-led Patriots. The teams only played once (post-Favre), in 2010: Flynn started and Pats won 31-27. So I think it'd be a fun, at the very least fresh game to watch.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2013-01-08 at 08:13 AM.

Ya I worded it poorly, I really meant it is a general term and not literally, its mostly how Rodgers has never faced Brady. So the 1st time being in the Super Bowl would certainly be exciting to me. Id want to wait til we get the Final Four before making a Super Bowl prediction. Predicting the NFC right now is such a crap shoot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks sign Ryan Longwell, kicker. At this point I'd say its unlikely that we will be signing anybody to take the place of Clemons.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 04:17 PM ----------

RG3 to have surgery on his LCL this week. Things seem hush hush about the dreaded ACL. They are blaming it on his old injury which I find bs. A doctor would be able to tell scar tissue from a new injury. Not to mention you could compare where his old injury was to the current MRIs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks sign Ryan Longwell, kicker. At this point I'd say its unlikely that we will be signing anybody to take the place of Clemons.
    And again, the kicker position becomes the turd at the bottom of the toilet. Because Longwell will stay, Haushka will get dropped, all because he got hurt. He's not even completely unplayable either, he kicked like two or three field goals last week while hurt. I like Longwell though, and am a bit surprised that he isn't already on a team, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And again, the kicker position becomes the turd at the bottom of the toilet. Because Longwell will stay, Haushka will get dropped, all because he got hurt. He's not even completely unplayable either, he kicked like two or three field goals last week while hurt. I like Longwell though, and am a bit surprised that he isn't already on a team, but still.
    You think so? Hauschka is really reliable even though he can't make huge bombs of 53+.

Oh and rumor is Rob Ryan is getting the boot at Dallas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and rumor is Rob Ryan is getting the boot at Dallas.
    That's not fair, he was playing with a team of hobbled hunchbacks.
    You think so? Hauschka is really reliable even though he can't make huge bombs of 53+.
    They already pay them less than third string QB's anyway, why just leave an extra on the roster in case anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's not fair, he was playing with a team of hobbled hunchbacks.

They already pay them less than third string QB's anyway, why just leave an extra on the roster in case anyway?
    Thats the plan. Clemons frees up a roster spot, which is why I said they aren't going to sign somebody to fill his void (plus FA leo positions are pretty rare from what I'm reading). Much like how the 49ers are doing it with Akers and Cundiff... which I find hilarious considering who we signed.

Hmm according to Vegas the Falcons and 49ers are favored this weekend. That is somewhat surprising to me.

I've got:

Broncos over Ravens - Can't trust Flacco.
    Patriots over Texans - Sometimes the Patriots fall flat but I don't think they will this year.
    Seahawks over Falcons - Seahawks are really a good team. People will probably underestimate them all the way.
    49ers over Packers - 49ers are special under Harbaugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks signed Patrick Chukwurah to fill Clemons spot, he beat out Aaron Maybin, Ray Edwards, and C.J. LaBoy who all worked out with Seattle today.

Oh and Shanahan is saying RG3's LCL tore the play before when Bruce Irvin sacked him.

Falcons: I feel like the choking is coming to an end.
    Packets: Really tough one to pick IMO, but it's hard to doubt Rodgers after he has a great game.
    Broncos: Though, there's a small part of me that wants Ravens to go to the Superbowl just to lose by a 48 yard field goal kicked by Billy Cundiff.
    Patriots: At the start of the year I said I thought Texans would win the Superbowl, but Patriots keep going to the Superbowl when it's on my birthday.

Not reallu any underdogs, but any of the games could easily go either way IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard Sherman mic'd up, including the whole punching incident and chat with RG3. http://q13fox.com/2013/01/08/watch-l...rman-miced-up/

Looks like Pend was right. Hauschka to be placed on IR tomorrow to free up a roster spot.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-01-09 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks over Falcons.
    49ers over Packers.
    Broncos over Ravens.
    Patriots over Texans
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't mean to spam a bunch of posts but I keep finding good stuff.

http://telly.com/01N9CG

Footage of Fedex fields turf before the game from Mike Rob.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they never expected to make the playoffs or they wouldn't have scheduled so many monster truck rallies there, or whatever the hell they did to destroy the field