10+ Year Old Account
    Urgh more news.

RG3 confirmed for complete tears of ACL and LCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    RG3 confirmed for complete tears of ACL and LCL.
    That was my exact injury in high school, minus some various smaller ligament tears. His recovery will probably be shorter than mine, but don't expect him to be running all over the place next season like he did this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Pend was right. Hauschka to be placed on IR tomorrow to free up a roster spot.
    I wasn't really predicting it, I was just bitching more about the treatment of kickers.

Rob Ryan firing is official. I don't know. Early in the season they were pretty dominant. You can't really blame them for losing most of their starters throughout the season. I guess it can just be chalked up to "Jerry being Jerry" again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I wasn't really predicting it, I was just bitching more about the treatment of kickers.

Rob Ryan firing is official. I don't know. Early in the season they were pretty dominant. You can't really blame them for losing most of their starters throughout the season. I guess it can just be chalked up to "Jerry being Jerry" again.
    I'm sure he won't remain unemployed for long. I think it was a pretty stupid choice by Dallas to get rid of him, but hey you expect stupid decisions when your team has no GM and the owner makes all the decisions despite striking out over and over again for the last nearly 20 years.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 08:50 AM ----------

Hawks sign Patrick Chukwurah to take Clemmons spot on the roster. He beat out Aaron Maybin and Ray Edwards for the spot despite not playing in the NFL since 2007. Remember when Aaron Maybin was a 1st round pick like THREE years ago. Talk about falling off the face of the earth lol. Dude can't even beat out a guy who hasn't played since 2007 for a roster spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Hawks sign Patrick Chukwurah to take Clemmons spot on the roster. He beat out Aaron Maybin and Ray Edwards for the spot despite not playing in the NFL since 2007. Remember when Aaron Maybin was a 1st round pick like THREE years ago. Talk about falling off the face of the earth lol. Dude can't even beat out a guy who hasn't played since 2007 for a roster spot.
    Apparently Chukwurah has been working as a personal trainer and has something like 5% body fat at 230 pounds.

Damn, and I was hoping we would see him go out and get a tat of his wife in a Cowboys #9 jersey

So I'm going to make my picks here: Seahawks, Patriots, Broncos, and Packers.

Rob Ryan was a scapegoat because the Cowboys fans wanted someone gone after missing the playoffs again. The defense wasn't good, but it was shredded by injuries. So out goes Ryan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    So I'm going to make my picks here: Seahawks, Patriots, Broncos, and Packers.

Rob Ryan was a scapegoat because the Cowboys fans wanted someone gone after missing the playoffs again. The defense wasn't good, but it was shredded by injuries. So out goes Ryan.
    It is just another inadequate bandage on the gaping head wound that is the Dallas Cowboys. There is one issue and only one issue they need to address. They need to have a GM to make personnel and coaching decisions and they need their owner to be an owner, not a guy who thinks he knows how to run a team. Jones is rapidly becoming Al Davis with about 10% of Al Davis' football acumen. At least Davis played, coached, and knew his shit prior to losing his mind.

Colts VP of football operations Tom Telesco is probably going to be announced as the new Chargers GM this afternoon.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Rumor is they are planning on switching to the 4-3. If that's the case then I guess we know Garrett's excuse when he doesn't get the job done next season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Rumor is they are planning on switching to the 4-3. If that's the case then I guess we know Garrett's excuse when he doesn't get the job done next season.
    Do they even have the personnel to try that switch? I'm not sure how I feel about Ware as a hand in the dirt 4-3 DE. Guess we shall see if it actually helps them or not. I am a big fan of the 3-4 personally.

Going with Broncos, Patriots, Falcons, 49ers. I know boring all the home teams and all the favorites.

-Broncos are beast mode right now and handled the Ravens pretty well in their last game. I don't know what the Ravens can do to change it up.

-I said in my last post no way Seahawks make it through 3 straight road games. Out of any place to play in the playoffs outside of Seattle itself, Atlanta will be the hardest place to win a game. Matt Ryan and Mike Smith will a win a playoff game one day. It will be Sunday.

-Giving the Pats and 49ers wins simply because they are home and coming off of byes. I think both teams will be well prepared and the edge will simply be a week off and being home.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Do they even have the personnel to try that switch? I'm not sure how I feel about Ware as a hand in the dirt 4-3 DE. Guess we shall see if it actually helps them or not. I am a big fan of the 3-4 personally.
    They probably could. That's why I joked it would be used as an excuse for Garrett next year though. Jerry Jones could fool himself into thinking the defensive transition was the problem.

I've never been a fan of what the Ryans try to do on defense so even if it's just a better 3-4 I'll be happy.

Anyway I'm just passing along some of the rumors from Cowboy's fan boards. Obviously we will have a more clear picture of what they are trying to do once they start interviewing potential replacements.

Apparently Chukwurah has been working as a personal trainer and has something like 5% body fat at 230 pounds.
    Someone's on steroids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo Sports Link

Rolando McClain acting like a dumb ass again.

Gets pulled over and cited for having too dark a tint on his windows. Rolando being Rolando, when asked to sign his citation, he signs, "F*** ya'll". When asked to sign his real name, he responds, "That is my real name." When asked for his license and registration, he responds, "You know who I am."

Dude single-handedly turned a simple citation into jail time. His comment after leaving City Hall? "I'm falsely accused of everything. It's corrupt. It's terrible."

What a waste this guy is. lol At least he didn't shoot at anyone this time.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Seeing rg3 news pop up everyday with 3-4 articles is making me really start hating these networks. How about some playoff coverage, we already know what's going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, Junior Seau had Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE). A neurodegenerative condition caused by repeated head trauma that can lead to memory loss, dementia and depression.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Apparently, Junior Seau had Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE). A neurodegenerative condition caused by repeated head trauma that can lead to memory loss, dementia and depression.
    It could also be the steroids he used to elevate his testosterone levels, then hit 40 (natural levels taper off), got off the steroids and became very depressed with the lack of testosterone.

Id recommend all football players (or ex roid users) to get on TRT (testoserone replacement treatment) so they dont become suicidal.

Seattle
    San fran
    Baltimore
    New england

Predicting we get our harbaugh bowl this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jags fired Mularkey, yet another head coach gone.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    It could also be the steroids he used to elevate his testosterone levels, then hit 40 (natural levels taper off), got off the steroids and became very depressed with the lack of testosterone.

Id recommend all football players (or ex roid users) to get on TRT (testoserone replacement treatment) so they dont become suicidal.
    That's still all speculation so far, and the disease he was diagnosed with is caused by repeated head trauma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Yahoo Sports Link

Rolando McClain acting like a dumb ass again.

Gets pulled over and cited for having too dark a tint on his windows. Rolando being Rolando, when asked to sign his citation, he signs, "F*** ya'll". When asked to sign his real name, he responds, "That is my real name." When asked for his license and registration, he responds, "You know who I am."

Dude single-handedly turned a simple citation into jail time. His comment after leaving City Hall? "I'm falsely accused of everything. It's corrupt. It's terrible."

What a waste this guy is. lol At least he didn't shoot at anyone this time.
    The sooner he gets out of Oakland the better, at this point I wouldn't even hope for a trade for draft picks.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    Seeing rg3 news pop up everyday with 3-4 articles is making me really start hating these networks. How about some playoff coverage, we already know what's going on.
    They can only say "the Lakers suck" so many times a day, gotta fill it with something.