10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Belichick looks completely lost for words, that's one of the worst Patriot performances I've seen in time, they fell apart in the second half.
    I was amused when they put Ryan Mallett in (he was at the U of A same time as me)
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Both my picks were wrong but im happy one was cuz fuuuuuuuuck the Patriots. Ravens all the way now since I dislike the 49ers as well. Seeing some new faces in the Super Bowl will be a nice change. I wonder if people will give the Broncos less crap after the Ravens beat the Patriots pretty handily. Manning did a lot better than Brady did against them yet Manning will most assuredly take a lot more heat than Brady will.

I knew Ray Lewis rolled the dice big time with announcing his retirement before the end of the season. He knew it would motivate his team and it worked. Gotta go with the Ravens even though I like the 49ers better. Flacco is finally playing like a big boy.

Deleted
    Can't say the Ravens didn't deserve it. Mistakefree football usually wins games.

The Patriots played okay, the Ravens just made no mistakes, and when your team makes mistakes then you usually lose games, so yeah. I still don't get why Brady didn't run the 4th and 4 when it was wide open, but I guess he worries about injuries more than the young qbs.

It will be exciting to see wether Kaepernick can handle the Ravens defence, Alex Smith got completely shut down last time they played and it was easily one of the worst games of last season. I honestly have no clue who is going to win, but i'm gonna give the Ravens an edge just because their QB has played longer than half a season.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2013-01-21 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Can't say the Ravens didn't deserve it. Mistakefree football usually wins games.

The Patriots played okay, the Ravens just made no mistakes, and when your team makes mistakes then you usually lose games, so yeah. I still don't get why Brady didn't run the 4th and 4 when it was wide open, but I guess he worries about injuries more than the young qbs.

It will be exciting to see wether Kaepernick can handle the Ravens defence, Alex Smith got completely shut down last time they played and it was easily one of the worst game of last season. I honestly have no clue who is going to win, but i'm gonna give the Ravens an edge just because their QB has played longer than half a season.
    Lewis and Reed are gonna slaughter Kaepernick

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    I knew Ray Lewis rolled the dice big time with announcing his retirement before the end of the season. He knew it would motivate his team and it worked. Gotta go with the Ravens even though I like the 49ers better. Flacco is finally playing like a big boy.
    But is he really gonna retire? motivational gimmick/publicity stunt?
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Do you ever get tired of trash talking the niners and getting proven wrong?
    Do you ever get tired of trash talking the ravens and getting proven wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    He better not Farve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just cant wait til ray lewis is a commentator or anchor

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He's been pretty fired up for the playoffs, but that's because he hadn't played all season. He's slowed down significantly and can't keep up with the better players in the league anymore. Watch him try to run sideline-to-sideline and try to tackle Demaryius Thomas. That's not a play he'd get outrun on 5 years ago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm going to go with the Ravens in the Harbowl.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    i just cant wait til ray lewis is a commentator or anchor
    I can see him as a 2nd tier announcer on the nfl network with Sapp, irvin mariucci types maybe.
    Operation Red Wing

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    He better not Farve it.
    I think he would think about it till training camp came around then he would be like fuck that. I heard an ex player not to long ago on the radio say that's what makes more players retire then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    or you can turn away from the hit.
    let me think.
    spin move and get hit hard.
    helmet to helmet and potential concussion.
    helmet to stomach and potential fumble.

hmmm.
    Do you guys not watch football? Running backs need to get low to the ground when they're about to get hit. Period. Go watch Youtube clips of any running back ever if you don't believe me. It's not just about avoiding fumbles, either. It's about maintaining forward momentum. When you get low, you're much more likely to keep moving forward after contact. It's why short, stocky running backs like Ray Rice do so well. They're like 7 footers in the NBA.

This safety thing has people's panties all in a bunch. It's fucking football. You get hit in the head and throw your body around every play. You're going to get hurt eventually and your body is going to break down.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-01-21 at 05:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Chris Kluwe awesomeness. he went on Ellen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSytTIu4BMI

And him kicking a football through a hoop for charity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orBwF4hxNgM

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    This safety thing has people's panties all in a bunch. It's fucking football. You get hit in the head and throw your body around every play. You're going to get hurt eventually and your body is going to break down.
    I kind of agree with this. I mean I support them trying to make the game safer through technology, but changing the game to avoid concussions seems like a bad choice. I was always of the opinion that any of the very physical positions were giving up 10-20 years of their life to make a ton of money... I thought everyone knew that?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be a chance in hell he would come back if they win the Superbowl. How could he possibly hope to end his career any better than that? He will be hyped more than any player in this Superbowl, and he will be able to profit big financially from all this public success of going out on a top. Any casual football fan who doesn't know his name will know it after Super Sunday, and they will get sucked into his emotion/passion that he displays. There would be no reason for him to even want to come back.

Even if they lose he is probably done, it's been a successful playoff run to end his career on and at least he got to play in another Superbowl.

So I've picked against the Ravens every game so far, and I gotta say: they made me look like an idiot. Oops.

But I'm still picking against them in the Super Bowl. 9ers bitches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of Niner haters in this thread lol. Can't say I'm surrprised though, Niners have always had a huge "h8erbase" since the late 80s and through the 90s... basically during their last dynasty. Patriots aren't much different from that now either, there are so many Pats haters out there because 2000-present is their dynasty. Niners are 5-0 in the Superbowls, and with Kaep at the helm anything is possible especially with all the firepower he has at his disposal from Frank Gore / LaMichael James to Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree.

Lewis and Reed are gonna slaughter Kaepernick
    How exactly? Since the Ravens have very minimal experience when facing the Pistol offense. Last time they saw it, they lost to the Redskins at the hands of RG3. Not to mention it's really hard to even lay a hand on Kaep because of his speed unless the pass protection misses a block which led to the only sack on Kaep during the Falcon's game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really want the Ravens to win just because I am a huge Reed and Lewis fan. I'm leaning 49ers, but I was pretty heavily on the "Pats are going to kill the Ravens" bandwagon last week and that didn't even come close to happening. Two weeks to think about it though.

Speaking of the two weeks, I will probably lock this thread as an act of protest next Sunday. Anyone who acknowledges the existence of the Pro Bowl by talking about the Pro Bowl as it is happening deserves to be hit by a bus. Then again I'd have to figure out if the Pro Bowl is on Sunday or not and I'm not even going to put in the level of effort to check that.