10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    He is good don't get me wrong he is just not as great as the Jets make him out to be. When I think of Revis I always think of this little gem.
    [video=youtube;61e6cKMEaEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61e6cKMEaEU[video]
    A single play, where he got beat at the line, by Randy Moss, on a play where he appears to be hurt. Yeah, that's....not really a good way to judge anyone.

He is good don't get me wrong he is just not as great as the Jets make him out to be. When I think of Revis I always think of this little gem.
    Let's be honest, how many times does a player make that catch? Once every 100 tries? Gotta give it to Moss because he juked Revis hard at the line of scrimmage but all things considered that was basically a perfect play and it still required an amazing one-handed catch to get it done.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    A single play, where he got beat at the line, by Randy Moss, on a play where he appears to be hurt. Yeah, that's....not really a good way to judge anyone.
    I'm not judging him by that one play but I always think of that play because it shows how god damn good Moss is when he want's to be. I said in the post that he is good he is a top 5 CB but the way the Jets blew so much smoke up his ass (which back fired because he has held out for new contracts) he has a diva like personalty and thinks he is the best cover CB ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not judging him by that one play but I always think of that play because it shows how god damn good Moss is when he want's to be. I said in the post that he is good he is a top 5 CB but the way the Jets blew so much smoke up his ass (which back fired because he has held out for new contracts) he has a diva like personalty and thinks he is the best cover CB ever.
    Oh yeah. He's acting almost like a wide receiver. Maybe he should switch sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh yeah. He's acting almost like a wide receiver. Maybe he should switch sides.
    Yeah he is in a twitter war with Sherman from the Seachickens I don't even know why Sherman would even bother.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Revis did anyone see the Twitter war between him and Richard Sherman?

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL Combine is tomorrow I'm kinda geeked out for some reason anyways fun fact almost 25 percent of the players invited to the combine this year came from the SEC.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL Combine is tomorrow I'm kinda geeked out for some reason anyways fun fact almost 25 percent of the players invited to the combine this year came from the SEC.
    I did my grocerie shopping on Friday, just to make sure I'd have no interuptions if it's fun to watch. No experience watching the combine, only the draft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I did my grocerie shopping on Friday, just to make sure I'd have no interuptions if it's fun to watch. No experience watching the combine, only the draft.
    Don't get your hopes up, the combine is pretty boring outside of the 40, which is just a sprint really, and that's only really interesting with the faster guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    anybody you really want to see probably won't throw or run or do any drills, just interviews, I don't see the appeal of actually watching the combine

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding the drills where they have to move more interesting then the 40's to be honest. It's the OL guys, but you can still see who's struggeling with some of the drills. Just watching drills where they have to chhange directiona and go up and down randomly for a bit before sprinting away. Those drills are pretty telling when it comes to watching how mobile they are. Much more interesting then a 40 yard dash they'll rarely have to run in the game.

If you legitimately watch the combine, you are an NFL addict. You need an intervention and some methadone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    If you legitimately watch the combine, you are an NFL addict. You need an intervention and some methadone.
    Hahaha, far from it. Still pretty much an NFL noob still learning things about the game.

I might be a little more willing to go in depth to learn things though >.>

Hahaha, far from it. Still pretty much an NFL noob still learning things about the game.

I might be a little more willing to go in depth to learn things though >.>
    I'll be honest with you: I've been watching football for years and I don't know shit about strategy, fundamentals or specific talents that make players good. I think the only way to know that is to actually play football and that ship sailed for me when my mom refused to let me play outdoor sports because "she didn't want to sit in the hot sun while I'm having fun playing".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    I think it's more about listening to the various talking heads giving info. about guys in the first few rounds, speculating on which teams may move up/down, etc. The actual drills and such are just background noise.

There's also the occasional chance of a car wreck-type player making news during the combine. Vontaze Burfict was rather entertaining last year.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    they do enjoy gossiping about wonderlic leaks, so there's that to look forward to

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumour is that Alex Smith to the Chiefs is all but a done deal. That would leave the Chiefs free to most likely get an OT with their first pick. With the talent they had and adding at least a decent QB + a new star on the offensive line I think they'll do much better next year. If things come to fruition that is. Biggest question is now, what are the 49'ers getting in return? I have no idea about values, but I heard talking heads going on about a 4th/5th round draft pick. That's seems like an incredibly good deal to me if that kind of value is accurate.

Rumour is that Alex Smith to the Chiefs is all but a done deal. That would leave the Chiefs free to most likely get an OT with their first pick. With the talent they had and adding at least a decent QB + a new star on the offensive line I think they'll do much better next year. If things come to fruition that is. Biggest question is now, what are the 49'ers getting in return? I have no idea about values, but I heard talking heads going on about a 4th/5th round draft pick. That's seems like an incredibly good deal to me if that kind of value is accurate.
    That's fucking bullshit. ARIZONA WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING??? YOU CAN'T OFFER A FUCKING THIRD ROUNDER TO BEAT THEIR OFFER??????

10+ Year Old Account
    the 49ers sending usurped former starters to Kansas City is tradition

The motherfuckers gave up Rodgers-Cromartie AND a first-rounder for Kevin fucking Kolb and you can't pony up a third rounder for Alex Smith? WHAT THE FUCK