15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I'm from Germany, and considering that, i don't even know the basic rules of American Football, but i think it's fun watching to it :X

i ''cheer'' for the Pittsburgh Steelers (not anything serious, i just like them) so could anyone tell me how are they doing ? Do they stand a chance to be the champion? (if there's something like that, i'm just assuming it's somewhat like European football).
    The Steelers are in the playoffs playing Denver next week. Denver's QB is Time Tebow who you have probably heard of. He is terrible so they should move to the second round where they should play New England. They have as good of a shot as anyone in their conference to make the Super Bowl. They just lost their starting running back though.

The fault or penalty you are probably referring to is holding, assuming you mean the contact situation between the the groups of fat guys on the line. Holding is an offensive penalty when the offensive lineman grabs the defensive player outside of the chest area, brings them to the ground, etc. Whether it is a penalty or not depends on who is doing what really. Someone should make a series of Youtube videos explaining the fouls in American football as it is really hard to explain lol.

I'm kind of surprised the Bucs fired Morris. I really figured they would give him another year. Well, I should say I was surprised prior to their game this week. It was pretty evident that team quit on Morris so to see him go after the Atlanta loss wasn't surprising at all. By the way Atlanta, WTF is up with running up the score against the Bucs? It was a problem when Brees did it to you guys the week before but there is no mention at all of it when they do it the following week? Bring back Gruden imo assuming he isn't going to San Diego which is the hot rumor of the week.

The Polians are gone in Indy. If that doesn't signal the sign of a new era with a new QB I don't know what else does. I think Manning gets a massive bonus in March. I wouldn't be surrprised at all to see the new Colts management rework his deal and trade him prior to that bonus coming due. Counting down the days until I burn all my Colts merchandise. Goodbye Colts leather jacket. Goodbye Colts helmet Fathead. That'll learn me to be a fan of a player and not a franchise lol. (For anyone wondering why I have that stuff and not Lions, everytime I ever try to buy Lions stuff it is out of stock.)

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Steelers are in the playoffs playing Denver next week. Denver's QB is Time Tebow who you have probably heard of. He is terrible so they should move to the second round where they should play New England. They have as good of a shot as anyone in their conference to make the Super Bowl. They just lost their starting running back though.

The fault or penalty you are probably referring to is holding, assuming you mean the contact situation between the the groups of fat guys on the line. Holding is an offensive penalty when the offensive lineman grabs the defensive player outside of the chest area, brings them to the ground, etc. Whether it is a penalty or not depends on who is doing what really. Someone should make a series of Youtube videos explaining the fouls in American football as it is really hard to explain lol.

I'm kind of surprised the Bucs fired Morris. I really figured they would give him another year. Well, I should say I was surprised prior to their game this week. It was pretty evident that team quit on Morris so to see him go after the Atlanta loss wasn't surprising at all. By the way Atlanta, WTF is up with running up the score against the Bucs? It was a problem when Brees did it to you guys the week before but there is no mention at all of it when they do it the following week? Bring back Gruden imo assuming he isn't going to San Diego which is the hot rumor of the week.

The Polians are gone in Indy. If that doesn't signal the sign of a new era with a new QB I don't know what else does. I think Manning gets a massive bonus in March. I wouldn't be surrprised at all to see the new Colts management rework his deal and trade him prior to that bonus coming due. Counting down the days until I burn all my Colts merchandise. Goodbye Colts leather jacket. Goodbye Colts helmet Fathead. That'll learn me to be a fan of a player and not a franchise lol. (For anyone wondering why I have that stuff and not Lions, everytime I ever try to buy Lions stuff it is out of stock.)
    Regarding the Polian's, them being gone should be good for Peyton staying. They were the ones sniffing around Luck. iirc they and Manning have had an iffy relationship as of late as well. And Irsay himself is a Manning guy. Obviously it'll be the decision of the next GM, but for now I have to think Peyton is going to be a Colt next year.

No surprise about Raheem. The writing has been on the wall for weeks. This team flat out quit on him a month ago it seems like.

Oh and hey Charger fans, how does this make you feel?
    Last edited by RollTide; 2012-01-03 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

Ah i see. Hopefully the Steelers will make it through then

Also, on the foul thing, yeah that kinda explains what i was referring to, but there are things that i still just can't get on my mind... i'll check if there are any youtube videos about it, like you said :P

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest Mr. Tyrael, I am unsure if you want the definition of the penalties, because there is so much inconsistency with flags and fines nowadays you may be better off blissfully unawares.

@ The Polian's firing, I am in concurrence with Tide in thinking that it may be better for Peyton. So far it seems like they are keeping what's-his-face at HC, which I personally agree with, not his fault that everything crumbled, I would start drafting for some defense though, if they could stop a drive now and then, they could've done better than 2-14.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    To be honest Mr. Tyrael, I am unsure if you want the definition of the penalties, because there is so much inconsistency with flags and fines nowadays you may be better off blissfully unawares.

@ The Polian's firing, I am in concurrence with Tide in thinking that it may be better for Peyton. So far it seems like they are keeping what's-his-face at HC, which I personally agree with, not his fault that everything crumbled, I would start drafting for some defense though, if they could stop a drive now and then, they could've done better than 2-14.
    ah ok i guess... it's still funny to watch giant guys breaking themselves apart :P *not that this just what there is to american football... but i hope you understand what i mean :P

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    ah ok i guess... it's still funny to watch giant guys breaking themselves apart :P *not that this just what there is to american football... but i hope you understand what i mean :P
    But that's the best part!!!

Like this(Not for the squeamish)
    And this

The general rule of thumb on a holding penalty is that its removing the "fair chance to make a play on the ball" The fat boys tend to do it when they get beaten by the defender.

It would be like in european football (though you could also say it sounds like pass interference) Where if your teammate passed to you and you were a half stride ahead of me and going to beat me to the ball, i would then choose grab your jersey and pull you to the ground instead of making a real effort on the ball. i choose to make a play on you instead of the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Until Jerry straps himself in the owner box and gets a GM that has complete control and a Head Coach that has control the Dallas Cowboys will be a 8-8 team and miss the playoffs like always. Some fans will blame Romo but I mean Dallas has only won 1 playoff game in 14 years it's not all on him that's for sure. ***Just a thought thou if the Colts take Luck do you see Jones going after Manning***
    Manning is going to cost too much money if he was a free agent. Dallas can't afford him.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    But that's the best part!!!

Like this(Not for the squeamish)
    And this
    haha that's awesome ^^ ty for link

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Manning is going to cost too much money if he was a free agent. Dallas can't afford him.
    Dallas has a boatload of cap space coming up this year. Newman is gone. Spears and his laughably stupid extension will almost certainly be cut. Spencer is a free agent so he is almost certainly gone. Dude has 17 sacks in 47 games playing across from arguably the best DE in football. They would be incredibly stupid to throw that money all at Manning though when they have a whole lot of of holes to fill especially on defense. I'm not willing to bet on them moving away from Romo. As much as I think the guy is just a serviceable QB, he is stuff in the upper half of NFL quarterbacks for sure. He may not be Brees, Brady, or Rodgers, but he is a hell of a lot better than what most teams have.

Dark horse move that I wouldn't bet against: If the Boys are indeed moving away from the Tony Romo era, why not trade him and your first round pick to move up in the first round and pick up Baylor legend RG3? I'd think that sort of move would be much more legitimate than them ever considering Manning. The most likely landing spot for RG3 as of now, barring movement in picks, is Cleveland at 4. Luck is a lock at 1 and Minnesota and St Louis both just drafted QBs. Minnesota likely isn't abandoning Ponder yet. Both those teams are more than one pick away from being a contender for even a wild card berth so either one moving off their pick could happen, and probably will happen, real easily. Why not trade Romo to say the Ravens or Jets and get their mid-late first round pick then trade that first plus Dallas' first and probably a second rounder to move up to the 2 or 3 spot and draft RG3? Hell even the Broncos at 21 could look for a Tebow handcuff as there really isn't great receiver depth late in the first round.

Romo is better than the QB on these teams that lack a franchise QB of the future:
    Seattle
    Arizona
    Washington
    Minnesota
    Tampa Bay
    Jets
    Dolphins
    Bills (but they cave Fitz a big contract)
    Baltimore
    Cleveland
    Jacksonville
    Denver
    Kansas City

That is 13 teams that could be a possible landing spot for Romo if the Cowboys were intent on moving him. If you add in the teams with shaky "Qbs of the future" like Tennessee, the list grows up to about 16. Romo is undoubtedly better than everyone but the two top QB prospects in this draft so why wouldn't one of those two teams make that sort of move if they feel they are close. The Ravens and Jets are a QB away. Gun to my head I would take Romo any day over Sanchez or Flacco. The only other next level guy potentially available is Manning and he is going to cost you a fortune unless he reworks his contract (which I would put money on he will do to play for a contender).

It just seems like a win-win situation. A team that is a QB away gets a QB who could potentially put them over the top. The Cowboys get their potential QB of the future, save money on the QB slot as RG3 will make less than Romo is therefore giving them even more cap space to try and rebuild their defense.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 02:34 PM ----------

First round predictions:
    Denver finds a way to knock off a limping Pittsburgh team in a 10-7 thriller.
    Detroit finds a way to put up 45 on the Saints, still loses by double digits.
    Atlanta beats New York for three quarters, Ryan throws a key pick, and Eli somehow finds Cruz down the middle for a 75 yard TD to win the game.
    Houston and Cinncy will be the most forgettable playoff game ever (barely surpassing the Denver/Pitt game thanks to the Tebow coverage). Yates leads(?) the Texans to their first ever playoff win. Come week two of the playoffs people will be like oh yeah, that game did happen.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 03:38 PM ----------

Norv Turner and AJ Smith are back for 2012. Hilarious. What do those two have to do to get canned? Shotty goes 14-2 and gets fired. Turner has year after year of mediocre records and taking advantage of a shitty division to ride to the playoffs where they are inevitably destroyed and doesn't get canned? AJ Smith tries to iron fist the players with the team which kept their best receiver off the field. Got to love it. San Diego could have had the best coaches available line up for that job with the talent that team has. Enjoy being 9-7, potentially winning the AFC West and losing again in the playoffs next year San Diego.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-01-03 at 06:56 PM.

I'll do some predictions too:

ATL beats NY
    Detroit beats NO(Upset special)
    Pitt beats Denver
    Cincy beats Houston, everyone else falls asleep.

Dallas needs to throw every penny it can at its secondary. I never again want to see Scandrick on the field. Hell, I don't wanna see Sensabaugh back there either. Then they need to cut Martellus Bennett(Two years overdue). Oh and find a center who doesn't have downs.

My predictions:

- DEN gets stomped by PIT, 31-3
    - HOU wins a close one over CIN, 17-14
    - NO wins a shootout agains DET, 45-38
    - ATL solidly beats NYG, 28-13

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    I believe this means Pittsburgh will also be playing without their safety, Ryan Clark. He has Sickle Cell Anemia ... can't play at high altitudes.
    Yahoo Sports Link

It's official. Safety Ryan Clark out for the Pitt./Den. playoff game.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Yahoo Sports Link

That really sucks. Even though I'm a Broncos fan, I feel bad for the guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo Sports Link

That has to suck. I am less and less enthused about Pittsburgh in that game. Mendenhall's out. Rothy's hurt. Their LBs are beat up. Clark out. It just feels like one of those games. Pittsburgh should win that game but it could swing completely if Denver is able to bust a big run or two and can contain Wallace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo Sports Link

Sigh ... we're on an off-week and Sizzle feels the need to talk trash.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo Sports Link

That's what happens when you get a nickname. You turn into an overconfident douche. Maybe the Jets are looking for a new linebacker.

Yahoo Sports Link

Dunno why he'd bash Tebow, considering they're probably not going to be facing each other anyways. Oh well, he's from ball so hard university.

What happened to Brett Keisel (whatever you spell his name, he is the guy that looked like a viking)

He was really cool doesn't play for the steelers anymore? Also, considering i don't know anything about the rules and so on... Was he good?

hahaha i liked him because he looked cool :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard at work that Turner is staying and I kicked a pallet, was walking gimpy for an hour and a half. Either way, freaking Cameron has to go.

@ the Suggs bashing Tebow, that is what he does, but why the hell go after someone who you likely won't be playing until next season? Save all that rage until then Sizzle, I mean come on.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!