My predictions:
    - PIT - DEN : 21-10
    - CIN - HOU : 21-17
    - NO - DET : 31-21
    - ATL - NYG: 28-24

Pretty safe bets I guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    What happened to Brett Keisel (whatever you spell his name, he is the guy that looked like a viking)

He was really cool doesn't play for the steelers anymore? Also, considering i don't know anything about the rules and so on... Was he good?

hahaha i liked him because he looked cool :>
    Keisel still plays for the Steelers. (Still has that awesome beard) In fact, he may be having his best season ever for them. With Aaron Smith going on IR again, it was up to him to be the man on the d-line and he's delivered very well.

Just for fun:

10+ Year Old Account
    Just came from holidays, and boy am I happy?! Bye M.M. and J.A. What a fucking lovely day for Chicago! Bear down I' cant fucking type my hands are kinda shaking over this extremly awesome news!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Just came from holidays, and boy am I happy?! Bye M.M. and J.A. What a fucking lovely day for Chicago! Bear down I' cant fucking type my hands are kinda shaking over this extremly awesome news!
    Have to wonder how much of the Angelo firing involves his absolute refusal to sign Forte to a deal at all while abusing the guy for years. Well, and his complete inability to sign a wide receiver. It isn't like the Bears were a bad team. If Cutler and Forte don't get hurt they win 11 games and make the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Have to wonder how much of the Angelo firing involves his absolute refusal to sign Forte to a deal at all while abusing the guy for years. Well, and his complete inability to sign a wide receiver. It isn't like the Bears were a bad team. If Cutler and Forte don't get hurt they win 11 games and make the playoffs.
    That is why I was shocked about the fact that hey are letting Martz go, he isn't a bad O.C.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Keisel still plays for the Steelers. (Still has that awesome beard) In fact, he may be having his best season ever for them. With Aaron Smith going on IR again, it was up to him to be the man on the d-line and he's delivered very well.

Just for fun:

hahaha that's awesome !

Well i saw a Steeler's game and didn't see him on the field so i thought he had left ! Nice to know he's still around.

And cool video, thanks for the link ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    That is why I was shocked about the fact that hey are letting Martz go, he isn't a bad O.C.
    Martz is fleeing for greener pastures guaranteed. There are multiple head coach and coordinator spots in the NFL, jobs in college, etc. He will have another high profile job shortly. Nothing about Chicago matches the Martz offensive system at all. No idea why he took that job. Lovie isn't his type of coach. The Bears have no receivers at all. They are a defense first, run second, pass third team, essentially the opposite of the Mike Martz system.

A college job that would fit him perfectly is the O-Coord at Florida. With some new recruiting, that is a system that fits perfectly with what he wants to do and he could parlay that into a head coaching gig. Not sure if he would have to stoop that low though as there will certainly be NFL spots for him to land.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-01-04 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo Sports Link

T.O. isn't even a year out of the game and apparently, he's already broke. lol
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Yahoo Sports Link

I swear, he keeps on appearing in the news even when he's not playing. Even Brett Favre probably won't make this many highlights.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    My predictions:
    - PIT - DEN : 21-10
    - CIN - HOU : 21-17
    - NO - DET : 31-21
    - ATL - NYG: 28-24

Pretty safe bets I guess...
    Giants over Falcons (imo) and I highly doubt Denver will get more than a field goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo Sports Link

Eh, I'm not surprised. Remember Jamarcus Russell (of course you do)? He got oodles of money for being the number one draft pick, and went broke rather quickly. I guess it didn't help he was the biggest bust ever, but still, celebrities tend to waste their money easily. I can't even fathom what I would do with that many millions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Eh, I'm not surprised. Remember Jamarcus Russell (of course you do)? He got oodles of money for being the number one draft pick, and went broke rather quickly. I guess it didn't help he was the biggest bust ever, but still, celebrities tend to waste their money easily. I can't even fathom what I would do with that many millions of dollars.
    Ohhh no. Don't forget Ryan Leaf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yahoo Sports Link

Roethlisberger aggravated his injured ankle in the Cleveland game. C Maurkice Pouncey, LB James Harrison, DE Brett Keisel, RB Mewelde Moore and S Troy Polamalu are all nursing various injuries. They're all expected to play against Denver (except Moore) but it seems like Pitt. is limping into this game.

Another Link

Also, I didn't realize Ryan Clarks condition was as serious as this. Apparently, he's played in Denver before.

He nearly died the last time he played in Denver, when the then-undiagnosed condition flared up and he ended up having his gall bladder and spleen removed in addition to losing 30 pounds.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2012-01-05 at 10:42 AM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Wild Card predictions:

Steelers 10, Broncos 7

Steelers offense is awful on the road this year, only averaging 15.6 points. In their last 3 road games, they have scored 13, 3, and 13 points. The reason for this is that they are not healthy on offense and their offensive line is terrible. The Broncos have a very strong defense and should hold the Steelers below their road average, but their offense may only put up one scoring drive the entire game. I see a lot of punts.

Bengals 21, Texans 16

Houston has been in a tailspin thanks to mounting injuries. They picked up Jake Delhomme, but there is no way he will pick up the Texans' offense in time to open up the playbook fully. That should make it easier for the Bengals, who also have suffered a lot of injuries this season, to stop them. Bengals QB Andy Dalton has not played well in the second half, and is battling the flu as I type this.

Saints 35, Lions 31

Neither team has much defense and this is on a fast track in a dome.

Falcons 24, Giants 17

This is the upset of the week. The Falcons are the worst possible matchup for the Giants. A lot of the sharps will tell you the scheme the Falcons run should be very effective against the Giants scheme. Bad matchup for New York.

Next Weekend:

Bengals at Patriots
    Steelers at Ravens
    Saints at 49ers
    Falcons at Packers
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2012-01-05 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greg Mcelroy rips the Jets locker room.

Alabama bias notwithstanding, he's probably right, but he's a really smart guy and knows that saying something like that is going to get really bad for him. A lot of people ripping him on Twitter for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    2008: Broncos went into Buffalo, who had lost 7 straight games, with an 8-6 record and chance of going strong into the playoffs with in two manageable games.

History repeats itself.

As for The Ravens, I'm not sure Flacco getting replaced is a good idea. Although he's not going to be as good as Brady, a good coaching staff could make him a top 5 QB.
    Flacco
    Top 5 QB

choose 1

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL.com Link

Chargers won't use the Franchise Tag on Vincent Jackson. If they don't work out a deal, looks like they'll let him walk as a Free Agent.

Yahoo Sports Link

So AJ Smith and Norv Turner get to keep their jobs (yet again), but the defensive coordinator gets fired? Yeah, that makes sense.

NFL.com Link

Apparently, Jay Cutler was not a fan of Mike Martz.

Yahoo Sports Link

Jets fine Bart Scott $10k dollars for flipping the middle finger (and using an expletive) at a photographer as he was leaving the Jets Locker room.

NFL.com Link

Chargers won't use the Franchise Tag on Vincent Jackson. If they don't work out a deal, looks like they'll let him walk as a Free Agent.

Yahoo Sports Link

So AJ Smith and Norv Turner get to keep their jobs (yet again), but the defensive coordinator gets fired? Yeah, that makes sense.

NFL.com Link

Apparently, Jay Cutler was not a fan of Mike Martz.

Yahoo Sports Link

Jets fine Bart Scott $10k dollars for flipping the middle finger (and using an expletive) at a photographer as he was leaving the Jets Locker room.
    1. As far as Denver's offseason is concerned, that makes me DDDRRRROOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! Tebow (well the entire offense in general) is in desperate need of a serious playmaker. Speed, mismatches and the ability to catch some really wonky passes all packaged up in a fairly low-drama guy (provided he gets a good contract). And holy shit, he scored a 33 on the wonderlic? Wow.

2. As a semi-fan of the Chargers, waaahh. Norv Turner isn't horribly by any means, but he needs to start getting into (and then winning) the playoffs, considering the talent level his team has.

3. Not surprised there. When he finally decided to use Cutler, good things happened. If they can get an OC that balances out Cutlers arm with Forte's amazing play, then that team is going to be dangerous.

4. Is it a requirement for staff of NYJ to pick up the biggest drama queens in the NFL?

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you have the biggest drama queen of a coach the players are going to follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL.com Link

Looks like C Maurkice Pouncey's injuries aren't getting any better. He is now officially out for the Den./Pitt. game.

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 02:16 PM ----------

Yahoo Sports Link

RB Coach Kirby Wilson now in the hospital. In a house fire and sustained burns to his arms and legs.

I hate the Steelers as much as the next guy, but ... sweet Jesus, what else can happen to this team?

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 04:15 PM ----------

NFL.com Link

Team medical staffs will be getting sideline video monitors to help analyze in-game injuries.