Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Survival or Marksman?

PvP: I just can't stand to give up silencing shot in marksman! Everyone says the extra cc in survival is worth it but with the new silencing shot glyph, I really doubt it. I do know that survival is pretty OP atm and I have tried it in arenas. I also can't give up readiness.. The extra trap/ deterrence is awesome.

PvE: I can't say I have actually tried marksman for PvE yet. While leveling i tried marksman but the dos of survival is way too appealing. Beastmaster never really caught my eye either because of the low damage. I was just wondering what your take was and if you have had luck with either of these specs. Especially marksman for pve...

Deleted
    Well, as of now, Survival is the choice for PvE, at least, if you want to play the optimal spec.

As for PvP.. I enjoyed MM over Survival, since you hardly get to use both CC's, as serpent sting is probably applied to the target.

I won't try to give you any advice about arena as I haven't really tried that yet.

But yeah, I suggest MM for PvP and Survival for PvE. Beastmaster is just crap atm.

in the next patch pvp is marks because you can auto shoot while moving but for pve survivle is still better

As of now only Survival is viable.
    As it looks on PTR though after all the hunter changes it seems Survival is the worst with BM in front and MM second (I believe that was the order anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Snargle View Post
    in the next patch pvp is marks because you can auto shoot while moving but for pve survivle is still better
    Last data I saw showed marks being 500 dps ahead of survival in 4.0.6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, survival is better in both imo. The damage and the CC is far better than MM. I used to sue MM and it wasn't bad but I felt a lot better when I swapped.

In 4.0.6 I think MM will be better, the damage increase brings it up to the same level as survival.