Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    VoA for sure. Giving free epics, whats the point?

Not even close, Toc (in terms of design laziness and overall feel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

you had the beautiful and amazing ulduar, where you would get tanks and storm the entrance, optionally harpoon down a giant dragon and kill the mount of thorim, and/or defeat the forger of the armory of ulduar, and then defeat the best voice acted boss of all time, and the best gate keeper. then enter the fortress itself and defeat the iron dwarves once and for all by defeating the council, and then kill monty python's golem who turns into a bridge, and go onward to defeat Crazy Cat Lady. then you choose which guardian you fight: to get revenge on hodir, the father of the guys who forced you do dailies for months, to save thorim from the corruption and finish what you started in stom peaks, to catch a train to the hero of Dr Robotnik, Mmimiron, or to enter the beautiful conservatory of freya. then you down to the depths of the prison of ulduar and fight against the lucid dream's champion without mana, and then charge onwards, with the help of the 4 guardians of ulduar to defeat the old god of death, Yogg-saron! but all is not over, for Algalon the Observer sees that azeroth has been corrupted, and is preparing to tell the titans, creator of worlds to reset it! so you enter the planetarium, see the planets and the stars all around you, and using the disk pieces from the guardians, you unlock algalon's room, and fightagainst something you have no hope of defeating, but open his eyes, save the world, and run back to dalaran to tell Rhonin the red, and he promtly Disconects everyone in dalaran after a speech! what an amazing fight with a story between a significant number of bosses.
    a few months later from blizz: "o hai guys! we used up our imagination for 2 raids on ulduar. here, have ToC". interesting bosses? a great place to explore? beautiful architecture? a story behind each fight? "nah, its ring of blood as a raid. oh, and u kno anu'barak? yeah, we're bringing him back so u can kill him off just as cheaply as before. have fun!"
    ToC wins as the worse raid because of what it followed on from. ulduar is the best raid ever in wow in my opinion. the aesthetics are beautiful beyond anything else in the game. it held a delicate balance between humor and srs bsns, such as XT: funny but not overdoing it so still keeping it an epic fight. you got involved completely in the story of thorim, it was the introduction of hard modes, it had a big red button, it was basically perfect. for those who say "ungrateful QQers" there are sum other amazing instances: kara, SWP, TK, BT, ZA (i liked the music), and ZG were amazing. just that 40 man raiding sucked and wrath had so many bad raids. basically everything except EoE, OS with drakes and ulduar were rushed and anticlimatic.

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    *In all Honesty, it has to be SSC, that place has NO lore behind it and it generally sucked, the bosses were unimaginative and boring*

When SSC comes to mind, isn't the lore or story behind the raid instance, that it's the naga's hideout as they pump the water out of their very own lakes in Zangarmarsh : )? Correct me if I'm wrong!
    unless every single place in the game has its own chapter in warcraft 3 the place has no lore obviously. vjash's lore intertwined with the high elf and blood elf thing is completely irrelevant of course
    Last edited by Richardplex; 2010-11-05 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst Instance Ever = Maraudon
    Worst Raid Ever = ToC
    Quote Originally Posted by Funfish View Post
    All this phylactery talk got me thinking... If you were a lich, where would you hide your phylactery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeb View Post
    Once in church when priest went to get more candles I whispered to my friend "Priest ran out of reagents" and heard someone laugh very loud behind us.

ToC, by far. Oh god, I hate blizz for that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by cncrules45 View Post
    So VoA, ToC, RS, and Naxx 2.0 top the list, which are all WotLK raids. GG Blizz.
    Has it ever occured to you that these are being placed on the top of the list because they are the most recent experiences with the game, and not because they actualy WERE worse than instances of the past? In fact, I'd be willing to bet that most of the people who posted these instances up top have only started raiding since WOTLK

Inb4 "But *I* was raiding in Vanilla / BC etc etc."

I will say that VOA is awful. TOGC was alright but nothing spectacular. I didn't mind it too much.

My vote will have to go with Mount Hyjal, HANDS DOWN the most painfully excruciating and annoying instance of all time.
    Last edited by mtawney1313; 2010-11-05 at 09:29 PM.

I quit raiding because to ToC. No one wanted to run anything else so i said screw it and stopped raiding all together. Better to level alts than have to do that instance 6000 times in a row.

ill go ahead and break the rules and say

every wotlk raid sucked except for ulduar.. that was alright.

Deleted
    Your mom.. LOL jk! Let me see... Ill say Voa too

Quote Originally Posted by mtawney1313 View Post
    Has it ever occured to you that these are being placed on the top of the list because they are the most recent experiences with the game, and not because they actualy WERE worse than instances of the past? In fact, I'd be willing to bet that most of the people who posted these instances up top have only started raiding since WOTLK

My vote will have to go with Mount Hyjal, HANDS DOWN the most painfully excruciating and annoying instance of all time.
    thats funny.. hyjal was a pretty good raid based on what most players say if they played during tbc...

but an opinion is an opinion..

ToC,insanely boring,completely pointless,utter shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ruby Sanctum. ToC gets saved because of Faction Champions, one of the most fun and original fights so far in the game's history IMO.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Deleted
    Have to say Black Temple except Illidan fight.

TOC and Hyjal

ToC by far!

I think it was devoloped by a 10-year old with youtube tutorials!

#Insert Instanced Arena
    #Spawn Bossmobs
    #Insert Loot
    #Release Instance

I'm calling BS on the Ruby Sanctum call outs. Scenery was good. Raid was called a filler (it's meant to be small). Trash was challenging, if you don't like the trash there you'll hate Cata. Statistically it's more challenging than H LK because less people have downed H RS. The mini bosses were just easy enough to be cleared by all guilds but difficult enough to rofl at bad pugs.

RS was a good raid, nothing about it was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    VoA
    I agree with you not only because your right, but because your avatar is simply amazing. Fellow Dexter fans, assemble!

10+ Year Old Account
    new naxx and toc
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.