Deleted

PvP Level Brackets

I did a quick search and couldn't find a thread debating the same idea. My apologies if my PvP thrashed eyes haven't seen it.

I'm curious to know what everyones opinion on the current level bracket for BGs whilst levelling is?

I've been playing priest and rogue toons in BGs this week, 10-19 and 20-29 brackets mostly. Priest was a good laugh bubbling the group and penancing a few hordies to smoldering corpses. Didn't enjoy the one shot rogues, so made one myself to see how I got thrashed and learn how to beat one. This is where I noticed things haven't changed much since the days I levelled my hunter in BGs.

The level bracket of ?0-?9 is too wide. People constantly complain about lowbie players joining the BGs, which is annoying, but slightly within reason. For example, my rogue joined in some WSG at 23, and a 29 hunter could see me in stealth, mark me and cap my ass before I could do anything about it. Repeat with other classes at level 29. It's not that I can't kill them, I was taking down heirloomed 29s at 21 when I could get lucky enough to get close, but it can be really hard to even get close when the level difference makes stealth practically useless. I'm sure there are plenty of other similar examples of class mechanics struggling with the level gap. The difference to the chance to hit, and damage also applies, and maybe now even the extra skills and talents points. The level difference ?0-?9 is too wide in my opinion.

Now I'm guessing the larger level bracket is to shorten queue times, but it seems pointless even joining until ?5+ since you just end up wanting to throw something across the room.

What do people think?

(note: I know I'm a rubbish PvP player, no need to point that out thanks. I also know rogues are overpowered and need to be nerfed, I agree. Just comment on the BG level brackets please )

Deleted
    Few days ago I started playing Paladin (holy), since lvl 10 I was doing mostly BGs and I have to say even at lvl 10 I was toping healing done most of the time. Around lvl 13+/23+ I was all good (except the rogues still one-shoting me ) but the rest was easy to heal through.

I agree that ?0-?9 is too wide but still I prefer shorter queues, like 5-15mins.

Personnaly I consider twinks a lack of ambition. The game isn't suppose to be fully balanced at this lvl.
    Playing at max level with full speed and abilities is just the only way to go!
    You make a good point by playing X class to learn how to counter it but again you should do it at max level because twinks are cheesy and pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Improvedlol View Post
    twinks are cheesy and pointless.
    You forgot expensive

Whilst I enjoyed the level 19 overpowered stabby fun of a part heirloomed rogue, I'm far too lazy to fully twink out a PvP character. We all like to win easily now and again, but I agree, it's not that much fun after a while and it feels like a hollow victory.