Seeking Replacement for Buffalo3

Buffalo3 has long been my preferred buff addon for its simplistic interface and options, as well as maintaining the class "icon" look and feel of the default UI. It would appear, however, that this mod has been abandoned and with the new secure headers requirements for canceling debuffs, unlikely to ever be fixed. That being said, can anyone recommend a replacement buff mod that ISN'T a bar mod. (I'm tired of every single person suggesting Satrina's). I've also tried Bison, the supposed continuation of Buffalo3, but the buffs & debuffs don't anchor together on that mod, leaving quite a large gap.

So, with my predicament explained, can anyone recommend a buff mod similar to Buffalo3? Thanks!
    Last edited by Teckdragon; 2010-11-09 at 11:16 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Satrina's is NOT a bar mod. It's a buff mod that allows you to use Icons OR Bars OR Both. It also allows you to set a frame to be Secure (which allows right-click removal) or Informative (allows filtering/sorting beyond what the SecureAuraHeader allows). I personally use Satrina's set up with 1 Secure frame for my buffs, and several Informative frames (debuffs, important buffs, target buffs/debuffs, etc). Oh, I also don't have any bars displayed for buffs - at all.

Aptus Aura Frames and nivBuffs are two working buff mods that also have support for secure frames - and thus allow right-click removal of buffs.

I guess I'm biased against Satrina's because everyone who posts a screenshot of it has a whole mess of bars cluttering up the side of their screen. I'll give it a shot I guess.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right, SBF actually defaults to an Icon view, with Bars turned off. And here's my "post your ui" post with my current SBF setup (yes, it shows both mine and my target's buffs/debuffs, as well as a larger "informative" one for important buffs near the UF).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post9285895
    Last edited by Taryble; 2010-11-10 at 02:24 AM. Reason: forgot to link to the UI post. Whoops.

Satrinas has so many customization and setup options that any screencap you have seen of a UI with cluttered Satrinas, was doing it wrong.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Or they were doing it right... for that one person that designed it. :-) That's the lovely thing about a truly configurable addon. For years I used buff bars, because I couldn't be bothered to learn all the icons for all the good buffs/debuffs. Then I started using icon-based buff addons, because I wanted my screen back. ;-)

Well, I must admit I'm a hypocrite for not trying Satrina's frames earlier. I was VERY impressed with it tonight, and I'm sure I'll be moreso once they fix the secure headers problem. The customization and skinning options were wonderful. I'll have to mess with it more tomorrow for custom frames.

Just out of curiosity since Taryble is actively posting in this thread, I would like to ask which addons in that screenshot were providing what I imagine to be the experience and reputation displays on the bottom bar.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They're a pair of Broker addons by Aranarth - Ara_Broker_XP and Ara_Broker_Reputations.

I turned off the tooltip on Reputations, because I just wanted a display, not the "rep" sheet in a tooltip. :-)