Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Worgen followed by Gnome, everyone else is so barely changed its a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    @OP, go with a worgen hunter. The worgen zone is the best on the alliance side and hunters are easy learn and level.
    My main is a Hunter [waits for laughter to subside] and I agree that Hunters are pretty easy to level - especially now that you don't have to keep buying & upgrading ammo.

My concern: I leveled a Worgen hunter to mid-20's on Beta - and having no control over the pet for the first 10 levels was irritating to me.

Someone new to the game might be put-off by a pet that doesn't attack the enemy until after the hunter attacks/is attacked by the enemy.

Also, the sound of guns is pretty obnoxious, IMHO, and I couldn't wait to shift-over to a bow - to avoid the noise. [on Live I use a Mod which replaces the gunfire sound with a "silenced rifle" sound - for all player and NPC gunfire sounds]
    Last edited by Yseraboy; 2010-11-07 at 07:30 PM.

well i dont want to look at the 1-5 content because TBH most of it sucks except for worgens (the only really new one is gnomes) but on terms of 5-10 lets see

elwynn - mostly the same, sucks still just slightly less
    dun morogh - most of this changed and is actually fun but leaves you off in a less fun zone in Loch Modan (still enjoyable, just less)
    darkshore - awesome, the flow is nice and it has nice quests and story
    draenei - same, QQ

imo tell her to roll worgen

10+ Year Old Account
    Order of the most interesting starting areas available to the Alliance:

Worgen
    Death Knight Starting Zone (Lv. 55 start though, not available for new accounts)
    Gnome
    Draenei (Hasn't changed since the Burning Crusade though)
    Human
    Night Elf
    Dwarf

I think that's how I would order them. Sadly, some of our best options come with later expansions and older content. =/

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    I dont have a favorite but the DK is BY FAR the worst
    Wut? O.o Why do you think so?

Deleted
    Draenei starting zone has a much larger variation of quests types making it more appealing to newbies. It is also my favourite in terms of story line and I would recommend it.

Feral druids can be a bit hard to get into if she likes cats. If she's new to games in general, hunters are simple to learn. Plus its a good go-to for people just learning the game; just help her to avoid the biggest mistakes new huntards make, lol. She can even tame 20 kitties if she wants!

The only starting zone I played in beta was worgen and though I didn't finish, it was a lot of fun. Story is a bit ... sad so far though. But the progressive debuff you get is amusing. "Maybe it'll go away..."

My vote is for worgen hunter, druid second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    from what I've seen on the youtube I'd say these are my personal top 5
    Worgen - Strong storyline, although very linear (go from A to B)
    Goblin - Less Strong story but funny and quirky with non-linear route (Do A1 A2 and A3 to get B then go back to a1 to get to C)
    Troll - strong plot, well executed good at teaching the ropes.
    Gnome - Just Geeky and funny, though not exactly perfect
    Night elf - strong plot, well executed good at teaching the ropes, but there are bits which are more boring than fun.

Deleted
    I honestly feel that for complete newbies and beginners the Draenei one is the best starting area. Worgen has a lot more advanced stuff but is the best if you can deal with that.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    All alliance starting zones save maybe worgen are boring, and even then people have said the goblin starting zone trumps the worgen one by a mile. Also Troll starting zone is far better then others, so... horde win really.
    That's your opinion, you know? Because Human starter zone is fighting a Blackrock invasion, just as good as Forsaken's. Dwarves and Tauren are both equal. And Orcs/NElves are the worst... By a mile.

Again, I'd choose Worgen, if not, Gnome or Human are the best.

PS: He asked Alliance side, so why did you even post? To show faction bias?

But after 1-5, human's 6-10 is "meh"... Then for the 2 zones it's epic, and then it's okay-ish again. So I'd choose Worgen-Gnome-Human Alliance side (Because Loch Modan and Wetlands are not as epic as Westfall/Redridge/Duskwood).
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-11-07 at 09:38 PM.

From all the footage I've seen so far only the goblin starting zone and perhaps the undead starting zone will be fun. For Alliance the fun doesn't seem to start being fun until Westfall.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudgid View Post
    From all the footage I've seen so far only the goblin starting zone and perhaps the undead starting zone will be fun. For Alliance the fun doesn't seem to start being fun until Westfall.
    This I guess, or Darkshore. 1-5 is great for starters for most races... But 6-10, as a human, is lame. (Although getting to ride horses and such is okay, and the Hogger mini event is good, but the rest is just the same) Dwarf/Gnome 6-10 is awesome, though, but their 10-25 is not as good as human/NE 10-25.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    That's your opinion, you know? Because Human starter zone is fighting a Blackrock invasion, just as good as Forsaken's. Dwarves and Tauren are both equal. And Orcs/NElves are the worst... By a mile.

Again, I'd choose Worgen, if not, Gnome or Human are the best.

But after 1-5, human's 6-10 is "meh"... Then for the 2 zones it's epic, and then it's okay-ish again. So I'd choose Worgen-Gnome-Human Alliance side (Because Loch Modan and Wetlands are not as epic as Westfall/Redridge/Duskwood).
    human 1-5 is Meh. Orcs do not make something awesome. Gnome, Forsaken, Troll, Tauren are engaging and different. Human, Nelf and Orc are the same damn stuff you had before with a light sprinkling of change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Yeah if you read his post history you will realise that is all he ever does, goes on topics and says that things he has never tried suck.
    No offence, but is easily the second most stupid poster I've seen on this board.

The most stupid one I've seen was some prat that repeatedly flamed a topic asking if anyone played WoW whilst high EATING CHOCOLATE when he could have intentionally left the topic alone if he didn't like it.
    ---------- Post added 2010-11-08 at 10:30 PM ----------

If you hate chocolate would you go to a chocolate fan convention and shout at the top of your lungs "CHOCOLATE IS BAD AND WILL KILL YOU"?
    Fans of Chocolate would already know the risks and decided that to them the joy of Chocolate far outweighed them.
    Last edited by GeorgeParty; 2010-11-08 at 10:37 PM. Reason: removed names to protect the mentally feeble

Quote Originally Posted by Shamra View Post
    After reading your replies and researching a little. I think maybe a Druid Worgen would be best. She would appreciate the lore aspect and quality of the new zone. And a druid is the most versatile class in the game, as it can become melee, tank, caster or healer. She also loves cats

Can anyone tell me if the old starting areas have been revamped much, and what the new gnome area is like. Thanx for your replies
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut or http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos are good places to check to see how the quests have changed... Both of them suck at playing weither it is on purpose for comedic relief or if they really do suck that bad is hard to tell because lots of the time people will intentionally play bad to make it take longer so that you can see more of what is happening rather then making the video boring...

From the stuff I have seen they have brought the quest types they added in BC and wrath down into the intro starting zones for all classes to add some "fun gadgets" to low level questing... Nothing as big as the DK starting zone type things, but really if you start phasing zones every other quest no one can play with their friends and so would not be good to do that all over the place.

Edit: And as far as class goes like most everyone has said it depends on playstyle, but if I where to say a good starter class it would be a druid for one main reason... learning to play a druid you learn Rogue mechanics, Prot warrior mechanics, Caster shaman mechanics, and well as far as healing goes nothing is quit like a druid... but point is if you can learn and master a druid in all its forms you can pretty much pick up on any class in the game, plus it lets you figure out which playstyle you like the best without rolling 4 different toons, at which point if your not digging the druid but really like the mechanics of say cat form then you know to try a rogue, if you like bear you roll a warrior, if you like boomkin you roll a caster, and if you like resto well you stay a druid.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2010-11-08 at 11:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    if you start phasing zones every other quest no one can play with their friends and so would not be good to do that all over the place.
    That isn't how phasing works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played all of the Alliance areas, I could tell you it would go by order in which they were developed. Worgen has the most polished experience, followed by Dranei, then the vanilla races. Narrowing the vanilla races, I'd rank their starting experiences by Night Elf, Gnome / Dwarf and Human. They're all solid, but they really can't compare to the Cata and TBC starters.
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParty View Post
    That isn't how phasing works.
    Have you played with a DK friend where you are a few quests ahead or behind your friend (say you start 5 minutes before he does)? Or have you tried to use the summoning stone at ICC when your members are at different points of the storyline?... Phasing to often or in the wrong spots makes it bloody fing annoying to try to play with friends if your in different sections of the phasing in a zone because you can not help them catch up in the quests because you can not see what they need to kill nor can you see them.... If you don't believe phasing does that go have a DK do the first several quests while one stays behind in the quests and then try to help him catch up... you can't. Go have someone do all the IC quests, someone do 1/2 the quests and someone do none of the quests and then try to summon someone, you can't. So don't tell me that in certine areas phasing doesn't F people up from being able to help their friend catch up in the storyline to quest together.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    DK is vastly superior to any of the others. In Vanilla - WOTLK the best horde one is forsaken it is really interesting. On the allaince I think Dwarf / Gnome is the best.
    Insert Signiture here.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know with all the changes to the night elf starting zone, it's actually pretty smooth, linear, and fun now
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL