Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the vial ise tradeable or something cause i'm really bored to re-rol my main proff to Alchemy.
    To much awesomeness in this mount to pass it.

Any beta testers been able to find/discover vial of the sands recipie yet?......if so, how did you go about, how long did it take and what/where did you get it?

Am I the only one that thinks the drake looks like it has leprosy? Those yellow "rocks" on it just strike me as unsightly sores.

Deleted
    I hope the drake will be a "profession only" mount like the flying machines or the magic carpets. As for myself, /cheer for finally noch regretting to roll an alchemist! Fun stuff like the illusion potion, Treasure finding sounds neat, too, so does the new alchemist's stone (for me being a tank).

You forgot to say the cost of for sand of time is 2,700g each and 4,500g for the Vial, plus all the other thing's you need. But that's just what I read in posts from the beta.

An who needs all the stuff it's all about the Potion of Illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    You forgot to say the cost of for sand of time is 2,700g each and 4,500g for the Vial, plus all the other thing's you need. But that's just what I read in posts from the beta.
    I've heard it's going to cost around 24k altogether.

The only answer for the number is fixed by the guild talent

Happy Hour
    Increases the number of flasks gained from using a flask cauldron by 50%.

But it is still weird ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sahdhiera View Post
    I hope the drake will be a "profession only" mount like the flying machines or the magic carpets. As for myself, /cheer for finally noch regretting to roll an alchemist! Fun stuff like the illusion potion, Treasure finding sounds neat, too, so does the new alchemist's stone (for me being a tank).
    The item is bind on pickup...so that will not be a problem. ^^

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Any reason why the Cauldrons give 7 and 17 instead of 10 and 25? Why screw over a few people in the raid?

Either reduce the mats and make it give 5 and 13 or increase them so it accommodates the full size of 10 and 25 man raids.
    Cauldron - 7..
    Big Cauldron - 17..
    7 + 17 = 24..
    You bring your own..
    ans + 1 = 25..
    Oh shi-

Tho, I highly doubt people will ever make the big Cauldron hence the small ones mats x 3 gives 21 charges rather then the 17 the big one does. And the Deatblood venom is rather cheap in the making.

OT: I love the drake, I'm so gonna luck out and get it on my first ever whatever it is that makes you learn it! Got 30k farmed just for that one, bring it on Blizzard, bring it on!!
    Last edited by Sonoka; 2010-11-09 at 12:26 PM.
    7-11 never stop

Deleted
    Any beta testers been able to find/discover vial of the sands recipie yet?......if so, how did you go about, how long did it take and what/where did you get it?
    Current speculation is that the vendor purchase price is 100g (sell back price is 25g according to cata.wowhead.com). That almost assures that it's either an alchemy vendor or a faction rep purchase. Of course, the 100g is a drop in the bucket compared to the 24,000g material purchase. That being said, neither the recipe nor the Sands of Time nor the Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial are available for purchase on the Cata beta realms yet.

Potion of Deepholm Teleports the imbiber to Deephome.

Deephome, deepholm, typo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigamie View Post
    The item is bind on pickup...so that will not be a problem. ^^
    I know, but if you take a look at, let's say, the Turbo-Charged Flying Machine, the tooltip states "Requires 375 engineering skill to ride." The tooltip of the Sandstone Drake doesn't say anything like that. I hope there will be such a requirement when cataclysm hits.

Anyone knows, if the dragon has a casttime or is instant like druid flightform?
    And will there be a new endless potion?
    thx feldi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    Current speculation is that the vendor purchase price is 100g (sell back price is 25g according to cata.wowhead.com). That almost assures that it's either an alchemy vendor or a faction rep purchase. Of course, the 100g is a drop in the bucket compared to the 24,000g material purchase. That being said, neither the recipe nor the Sands of Time nor the Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial are available for purchase on the Cata beta realms yet.
    That maybe true, but if you are lucky enough to have mining and/or herbing on your toons, making 24k gold isn't going to be much of a problem in the first few weeks after release. Provided you know how to work the AH
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    That maybe true, but if you are lucky enough to have mining and/or herbing on your toons, making 24k gold isn't going to be much of a problem in the first few weeks after release. Provided you know how to work the AH
    This

That bit there discussed by Ghostcrawler titled "Creative use of game mechanics" is one of the big reasons why I keep coming back to WoW after testing out other games.

One large MMO release in the last year that was billed to be a WoW-killer had a very bad case of "creative game mechanic use" that wound up severely disadvantaging healers being able to gear, as tanks in that game -- to this day -- would simply take everything above leather-strength gear, including the chainmail armor that's strictly intended for the healer/support classes. The reason this was, was because the tanks had 2 or 3 custom abilities that scaled insanely with spellpower, so they would take the healer's gear for the sake of being able to kill things better than anything else in the game. It made them frightfully overpowered in PvP, and rendered them with sub-par evasion, making them even more of a nightmare to heal up. Stats on gear were such that eventually the Rogue equivalent in that game were ideal tanks for the lone endgame instance...... And the game designers did nothing to fix it. People who attempted to play the game 'normally' were left in the dust as the people who abused a flavorless abused stat system did whatever they wanted in PvE and PvP.

Of course, this game has gone from 200,000 active subscribers in NA to estimated less than 50,000.

Anyways, this rant is because I hope everyone will realize that it is in fact a hundred times more fun to play a game where classes played in a way they're intended to be played that pan out to be at least of some equal worth in endgame activites, VS a game where half of the players are 2 certaian classes that are abusing broken mechanics to make the game unplayable for everyone else. Keep that in mind when you feel compelled to gripe about WoW being unbalanced, when the worst thing that's ever happened in terms of gratuitous gearstacking was ArPen.

Fills your veins with deadly poison, causing you to sometimes poison enemies that strike you in melee for 1900 to 2100 damage over 8 sec.

I'm not sure if that's a good idea... How does it even work?

I'm so glad I have Alchemy on my warrior alt,Sweet trinket and mount and really nice having a char available to transmute gems and make flasks.

Also Potion of Deepholm will come in handy for when my HS is on CD.

lol Potion of Illusion could be fun aswell...Alch looking really good imo.

"After the appearance of Twilight's Hammer agents in Orgrimmar and Stormwind City, Azeroth's defenders swiftly thwarted the cult's bid to destroy the two capitals. Yet these victories have done little to soothe fears over Azeroth's calamitous state. Earthquakes continue shaking the world with greater frequency than ever before. Wayward fire spirits have engulfed Orgrimmar, threatening to reduce the proud Horde capital to ash. Across the Great Sea, a sudden influx of earth spirits has rocked the foundations of Ironforge, pushing the once-indomitable dwarven bastion to the brink of collapse.

Even so, a glimmer of hope has come in the form of ancient tablets recovered in Northrend. These mysterious artifacts are believed to hold clues concerning Azeroth's tormented elementals -- a claim that can only be validated once the artifacts are delivered safely from the northern continent. The gifted shaman Thrall has also begun his own efforts to shed light on the disasters befalling the world. Of great concern, however, is whether anything will be left of Orgrimmar and Ironforge by the time answers are found....

The events leading up to Cataclysm are underway, and the disturbances will only become more severe as the weeks pass. Pay close attention to your faction leaders, Thrall and Varian, and be on the lookout for unfamiliar faces gathering on the city streets. This one-time-only series of events features all-new quests and multiple stages of dire happenings, so stay vigilant!"

It took me longer to read that then finish the quest...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    And if you enjoy the luxury to hang out in WoW all day long during that time.