As someone who just watches the SNK anime, I think it's awesome.
    You guys with the manga should choose one medium or the other. It just always seems to lead to relentless crying that the anime is bad or something. The anime is still damn good.

I thought the whole almost being crushed and coming to a realization was better than the manga "oh ok you said good words" I was hoping for a more badass titan than his usual one though.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-09-22 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I thought the whole almost being crushed and coming to a realization was better than the manga "oh ok you said good words" I was hoping for a more badass titan than his usual one though.
    It wasn't though. Eren couldn't transform because he couldn't accept that Annie was the FT. In the manga there is the flashbacks and such with the two of them together being besties and training while Annie wants to show off and everything, but in the anime they didn't interact on screen at all after Annie beat him and Reiner up. You can say that them training together anyway is implied, but it's still stupid. While I'm not one to ship them, it made Eren's reason for his inability to transform a lot more personal and relatively understandably harder to deal with. In the anime she's reduced to comrade-I-talked-to-that-one-time tier, and on top of that Eren thinks about nothing while crying like a little baby in his hole for over 10 minutes rather than his quick acceptance.

What snapped him out of it was Armin/Mikasa guilt tripping him into accepting that he can't just sit around and mope about it because shit sucks. But to be fair, what happened in the anime was the same thing, he just took forever to realize it and let everyone fight and die so he could be a huge pussy like "oooh, leave me in my hole to die." Fucking Armin even had to go back in for him and then Jean had to arrive to tell him how hard he was screwing everything up and being worthless, and they still couldn't snap him out of it. It clashes with everything else he has ever done in the manga and the only thing I could think of while watching it was "holy shit why are you suddenly such a huger piece of shit than before, I didn't think I could hate you any more."

They're even changing the dialogue around with him saying he doesn't care anymore and just wants to kill her. When he's fighting Annie in the manga all that's going through his head is how he wants to capture and talk to her to try and learn/understand her reasons.

Spoilers, it's shit.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2013-09-22 at 07:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last episode of Kamisama was awesome. Not sure I liked that Alis survived, but it still was very good. The whole part where Alis is saying goodbye and when Ai says she wants to save him... damn, that was good.

Overall the series was really good. The OST and visuals were fantastic. The world-building was top tier. The story itself... was lacking in places. I don't think the quality stayed throughout. Order I think the best writing was (in terms of arcs): Humpnie Humbert > Alis/Dee's World > City of the Dead > School Arc. The school arc was really lacking, definitely the lowest point of the series. But considering the Humpnie and Other World arc were so good (especially the Humpnie one) I think it makes up for it.

I just find it hard to rate this series because of the inconsistent quality of writing. It was definitely one of the best shows of the season, that is for sure. Too bad that the chances for a second season are slim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally caught up with a few shows. Gatchaman, Monogatari, SxS, Silver Spoon, Rozen Maiden, Titan, Danganronpa, Railgun, and Kamisama. I'd call that quite an accomplishment. Still loads to catch up on though.

Gatchaman - Easily one of the best of the season for me. All of it is just so great. I seriously can't wait for Trans-kun to transform and see what shit goes down. Someone has to die.

Monogatari - That parallel world arc was awesome, but this arc looks to be amazing too. Can't wait to see how this goes down. That giant fucking snake.

Silver Spoon - 10/10 can't wait for next season. Best pig names.

Rozen - I wonder how far into Ii this is and if we will get more seasons.

Titan - Animation still complete shit but story is better. How close to the manga are they?

Danganronpa - Well, this took a turn for the interesting. Favorite character still alive. Swimmer.

Railgun - ParaQuoting UTW, "pls Saten-san what are you going to do to help."

Kamisama - This show is both good and really bad. The random arcs make it terrible, but each arc is really good by itself.

For two cours: Railgun >>> Titan

Didn't bother with the others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Titan - Animation still complete shit but story is better. How close to the manga are they?
    Next episode will cover chapter 33. There are 49 chapters so far. Alot does happen in those chapters though (k, maybe not the recent ones), and they could probably animate one cour with the amount of content left. Still will be a while before second season.

Not sure I agree with Railgun >>> Titan. Railgun S certainly has phenomenal episodes, (Sisters reveal, Touma/Misaka on bridge, Touma vs Accel). These episodes that probably are better than anything Titan has to offer (episode 21 would be the only one I'd say is equal). The only problem is that Railgun also has some episodes that are complete shit (imo).

The SoL episodes are really boring. Now I'm a fan of SoL shows, but the Railgun ones are just not entertaining at all. The humour isn't there, and the continuous 'friendship' drama is really irritating. This anime original arc is actually decent but only because of Febri; the generic, glasses pushing, evil Scientist villains are completely stupid.

Titan suffers from bad pacing, but Railgun just isn't consistent in the writing department. The difference in quality of writing between the Sisters Arc and this current arc is incredibly apparent.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-09-22 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Next episode will cover chapter 33. There are 49 chapters so far. Alot does happen in those chapters though (k, maybe not the recent ones), and they could probably animate one cour with the amount of content left. Still will be a while before second season.

Not sure I agree with Railgun >>> Titan. Railgun S certainly has phenomenal episodes, (Sisters reveal, Touma/Misaka on bridge, Touma vs Accel). These episodes that probably are better than anything Titan has to offer (episode 21 would be the only one I'd say is equal). The only problem is that Railgun also has some episodes that are complete shit (imo).

The SoL episodes are really boring. Now I'm a fan of SoL shows, but the Railgun ones are just not entertaining at all. The humour isn't there, and the continuous 'friendship' drama is really irritating. This anime original arc is actually decent but only because of Febri; the generic, glasses pushing, evil Scientist villains are completely stupid.

Titan suffers from bad pacing, but Railgun just isn't consistent in the writing department. The difference in quality of writing between the Sisters Arc and this current arc is incredibly apparent.
    The current arc isn't SoL in the slightest though. Nothing in it has been SoL so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    The current arc isn't SoL in the slightest though. Nothing in it has been SoL so far.
    There are certainly SoL elements. Having a few scenes of "bad stuff is happening in the background" while the girls have a dinner party and literally nothing of value happens should be considered SoL. The four leaf clover episode was certainly SoL. If these moments aren't SoL, then I would just say the negative part of the show is bad pacing. Having a couple of scenes where the plot is actually developed and the rest of the episode is just developing of the on-screen 'friendship' which has been overdeveloped already... yeah, that is bad pacing.

The current arc isn't SoL, but it still is bad. Like I said, the villains are probably some of the most generic villains in a while. Even their motivations are similar to things we have seen in the series already. And they are just continuously pushing the friendship between the characters, and try to shoe horn them into things they do not belong. (example: Saten preparing to beat up Mechs with a baseball bat)

10+ Year Old Account
    There are certainly SoL elements. Having a few scenes of "bad stuff is happening in the background" while the girls have a dinner party and literally nothing of value happens should be considered SoL. The four leaf clover episode was certainly SoL. If these moments aren't SoL, then I would just say the negative part of the show is bad pacing. Having a couple of scenes where the plot is actually developed and the rest of the episode is just developing of the on-screen 'friendship' which has been overdeveloped already... yeah, that is bad pacing.

The current arc isn't SoL, but it still is bad. Like I said, the villains are probably some of the most generic villains in a while. Even their motivations are similar to things we have seen in the series already. And they are just continuously pushing the friendship between the characters, and try to shoe horn them into things they do not belong. (example: Saten preparing to beat up Mechs with a baseball bat)
    I was thinking the four leaf clover was the only true SoL part of the show. Everything else had at least something happening.

If anything Titan has some of the worst pacing I've ever experienced in anime, worse than SAO. Still far better though. I hate the villains of this arc, but I like the concept.

There were also loads of robots around Saten.

15+ Year Old Account
    If anyone wants to hear the OP/EDs of the Fall 2013 shows before the shows come out, you can check them out here.

Some good ones: Log Horizon OP (my favourite), Coppelion OP, Kyoukai no Kanata OP, Outbreak Company OP. Valvrave S2 OP sounds decent, though the only version of it is the one from the commercial and you can hardly hear it. The OP for Galilei Donna is also really good, though again, only have the one from the PV (can hear it much better than Valvrave though).
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-09-23 at 03:47 AM.

Started watching K-On s2 again. I started it quite a while back and got to episode 5 or something but ended up not finishing it. I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around. Not counting currently airing shows, I'm watching way too many shows right now. Blood-c, which isn't too bad, but not that great, Dantalian no Shoka, which is pretty good but feels like a lesser version of Gosick, and I'm on episode 11 of re-watching Katanagatari. Forgot how much I loved Togame's character and the show. I also re-watched Haganai S1 and started S2, but stopped since only the first volume of the blurays are out and I don't want to watch the tv broadcast again. Guess I'll be waiting for the blurays.

mushibugyou: cant wait for next ep its finally time for his transformation again and it seems like he actually is conscious this time ;D

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    What show is this? Google reverse image search doesn't help me at all.
    Senki Zesshou Symphogear G
    Last edited by Lightcaller; 2013-09-23 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Just finished Fate/Zero. I found a secret ending!

(Spoilers below, seriously these forums need a 'Spoiler' box)

15+ Year Old Account
    TWGOK S3 - Really loved this season. Honestly much better than the previous ones. I'm not sure what is happening in the manga currently, but I'd find it hard to believe Chihiro isn't winning the Keima. Especially after Keima crying alone and Chihiro crying during the concert.

God damn, Manglobe did Chihiro's concert way too well compared to everything else this season. It's making me all emotional.

I'm not sure what is happening in the manga currently
    Time traveling and seducing lolis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Time traveling and seducing lolis.
    And lots of drama.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously Diabolik Lovers is incredibly dumb. It is kinda crazy to realize that there are some people who actually likes that stuff. Vampire forcing himself onto you, throwing you into a pool when you can't swim, and then kissing you under water while you are drowning... yeah, sounds like the perfect boyfriend.

Although it is pretty retarded somehow I'm excited for the next episode. It is so bad that it is good.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-09-23 at 10:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post

please be good
    MC isn't a mary sue (he actually plays a support class) and all the girls don't lust for him (apparently there are multiple pairings). Seeing as it won't be focusing on a single character it should be good.

SOOO glad they continued Hunter X Hunter. Seeing as its the only big series that i havent really read the manga for i cant wait to see more of the arc. Loved the addition of the Genei Ryodan. Also WTB season 3 of dxd