Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    You know what's the funniest part? It's actually not hard to get people to visit. We regularly have people coming over to hang out (though I will say a majority of them are anime fans). So I've never understood the "room type where you can never get a guest over" thing.
    That's probably why. And you've been living with a bunch of weebs so you're used to it.

I don't know man, would be pretty awkward living alone and have a bunch of nekkid loli dakimakura, wall scrolls, figurines etc, in lewd positions all around the apartment when you have people over.

Also did you know your roommates before you moved in with them? cause im prty jelly
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-01-26 at 12:15 AM.

snip
    I'm a bit jealous. My roommates are lame and don't really like anime lol. I'm not into the figurines or wall scrolls and the like, but it'd be cool to have roommates that actually enjoyed anime lol. Hell, the friends I have that do like anime are extremely casual fans at best so just some friends that were somewhat into it as I am would be cool. But alas, they're all filthy casuals lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm a bit jealous. My roommates are lame and don't really like anime lol. I'm not into the figurines or wall scrolls and the like, but it'd be cool to have roommates that actually enjoyed anime lol. Hell, the friends I have that do like anime are extremely casual fans at best so just some friends that were somewhat into it as I am would be cool. But alas, they're all filthy casuals lol.
    Or they could be like me and most people who hide their powerlevel and you think they are casual. I have actually made some people stop talking to me cause my powerlevel was too high for them! At my old place back in NZ I had a whole room dedicated to nothing but figures in there and manga and anime that I liked. Also had a room that was nothing but a man cave that had all my game stuff in. Now most of that stuff is inside boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

I room with some friends and we have wallscrolls plastering the living and dining room and in each of our rooms. We actually have to decide which ones to put up since we have too many. All of us each have a few figs to call our own, a fairly sized manga collection, and one of my roommates has a fairly big anime collection.

You know what's the funniest part? It's actually not hard to get people to visit. We regularly have people coming over to hang out (though I will say a majority of them are anime fans). So I've never understood the "room type where you can never get a guest over" thing.

One of my friends who's only seen a few anime shows is such a pervert (when he was younger and we would bike around he would stop in front of Victoria Secret and stare inside) that every time he passes my bookshelf he picks up the Tinkle artbook and browses through it.
    I think the main reason is about"room type where you can never get a guest over" thing. Is people let other people get them down on what other people think. For me I could give a crap what other people think of me cause guess what if that is the case we won't see each other again. I have no time to deal with stuff like that or to let it get me upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Or they could be like me and most people who hide their powerlevel and you think they are casual. I have actually made some people stop talking to me cause my powerlevel was too high for them! At my old place back in NZ I had a whole room dedicated to nothing but figures in there and manga and anime that I liked. Also had a room that was nothing but a man cave that had all my game stuff in. Now most of that stuff is inside boxes.
    I've been friends with the one roommate for 8 years and know him quite well. He's not hiding his power level lol. He's seen a few anime like Death Note, Code Geass, and Bleach, but not much else. And he isn't really interested in watching any more. As for his girlfriend, I don't actually know for sure, but I'd guess she doesn't either.

Aside from watching too much anime I have a pretty low power level lol. At least in terms of what I own. Pretty much the only merchandise I have is manga. None of the other anime merchandise has ever really appealed to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really the type to have physical merchandise of anything, most of my disposable income ends up going towards my computer, but it doesn't stop the looks of "you crazy" from my co-workers (former anime nuts themselves) when I tell them how many episodes of anime I watched the night before.

Gah, I think one of my 3 tb externals is dying. I'm going to lose so many shows.

Chelly
    That's the worst feeling. RIP in peace external

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    That's the worst feeling. RIP in peace external
    Made even worse by the fact it's probably my fault. I accidentally knocked the damn thing off my desk a couple weeks ago. It was fine and still seemed to be working so I figured all was well. I then knocked it off AGAIN immediately after determining it wasn't broken...Still worked though. That might of been what's causing the problem now. I would think it would of broken immediately though. Not starting dying two weeks later. I just started having problems with it yesterday.

This sucks. It's a completely full 3 tb external, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've completely converted a friend who had only watched DBZ into an anime fan (including the "dark side" as we titled it: japanese audio, using bleach cliffhangers). We sometimes watch current airing stuff or recently aired stuff that I can remember is good. We just watched the last 3 episodes of kill la kill tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I then knocked it off AGAIN immediately after determining it wasn't broken...Still worked though.
    How do you even.

Make a notepad and write down every single anime on it so you don't have to waste time wondering what was on there in a just in case scenario. Switch over your favorites to another hard drive and switch over ones you don't like as much to that one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Zvezda threads on /a/ are hilarious right now. All the arguing between smokers and non-smokers. (most on the non-smoking side, though)

I heard that the 2ch Zvezda thread was pretty massive, too. Hopefully it doesn't get too much hate, I want it to sell well.

How do you even.
    Fail. Lots of fail. It was not my proudest moment lol.

Make a notepad and write down every single anime on it so you don't have to waste time wondering what was on there in a just in case scenario. Switch over your favorites to another hard drive and switch over ones you don't like as much to that one.
    Unfortunately easier said then done. The drive that's failing is the one I use to access all of the other drives. Basically half of it is empty folders with only shortcuts inside that direct you to the drive the show is actually stored on. And I don't remember what folders have shortcuts and which have shows.

I took a screenshot of all the folders though and like you recommended I've already started transferring shows over to another drive. Unfortunately the other drive only has 1.3 tb left. Not nearly enough for everything.

Gah, I might have to just go out and buy another 3 tb external. I really don't want to do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Zvezda threads on /a/ are hilarious right now. All the arguing between smokers and non-smokers. (most on the non-smoking side, though)

I heard that the 2ch Zvezda thread was pretty massive, too. Hopefully it doesn't get too much hate, I want it to sell well.
    It's ratings tank even worse then before. It went from position 30 to position 1186 in one episode. How well do you think it's going to do in Japan?
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-01-26 at 05:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nisekoi -

DAAAAAAARLING.

HOOOOOOOONEY.

Why is Kirisaki such best girl. WHY.

End cap is adorable.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2014-01-26 at 05:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    It's ratings tank even worse then before. It went from position 30 to position 1186 in one episode. How well do you think it's going to do in Japan?
    God dammit. Smokers ruining everything. If only Kate were real, she'd set them straight.

On a side note, here is an album of all the stills from the OP of Mikakunin. Benio is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    God dammit. Smokers ruining everything. If only Kate were real, she'd set them straight.

On a side note, here is an album of all the stills from the OP of Mikakunin. Benio is amazing.
    That rating drop happened on it's very first premier I don't know why but it did. This smoking episode had them in a uproar about it so I don't see it doing well in Japan if that is the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Log Horizon - So much Crusty x Princess. Pure love.

OST when.

Next episode looks like it's going to be amazing though, the type of episode I'd absolutely love.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to watch new Zvezda. I can't imagine smoking being that big of a deal unless you're talking about something different.

I mean multiple characters in One Piece smoke, including a guy that always has two cigars in his mouth at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to watch new Zvezda. I can't imagine smoking being that big of a deal unless you're talking about something different.

I mean multiple characters in One Piece smoke, including a guy that always has two cigars in his mouth at a time.
    It's not that there is smoking, it's cause it makes RL smokers angry lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zvezda - So far it seems people are really just super anal. GASP, A CIGARETTE? GASP, THERE ARE CHARACTERS THAT DON'T LIKE SMOKING?

OH NO.

Are people just angry it shows anti-smoking vibes? Pls.

Okay maybe really really big anti-smoking vibes bordering on ridiculous, but still.

Really just seems parody-ish. Anti-smokers against smokers in all out war.

Zvezda - So far it seems people are really just super anal. GASP, A CIGARETTE? GASP, THERE ARE CHARACTERS THAT DON'T LIKE SMOKING?

OH NO.

Are people just angry it shows anti-smoking vibes? Pls.

Okay maybe really really big anti-smoking vibes bordering on ridiculous, but still.

Really just seems parody-ish. Anti-smokers against smokers in all out war.
    Isn't that what happens in real life already? Anti smokers against the smokers everyday? Why do they need to be reminded in a anime?