one thing that Eureka Seven taught me is that Love is stronger than GAR

and you would not believe how many times i listen to the SRW Z ver. of Days and Sakura

and one of the most realistic mecha anime i seen was Votoms and god damn Chirico has the most damn luck ive seen in a anime character beside Kyosuke Nanbu
    Last edited by Shishca; 2011-06-19 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even more than Tylor? Though I'm in the genius camp myself.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    O and Gurren Lagann was allright until they got rid of the spiral king, after that its just robot combining with robot combining with space ship combining with moon combining with god combining with universe
    While admittedly overall I didn't like the series much, my favorite part was actually Rosseau's power grab and how realistic the way the people reacted. I think I liked it because he wasn't wrong. The former war heroes weren't cut out to be politicians, they didn't plan ahead, and were ridiculously idealistic; he could see this for years, taking care of much of the work, but was forced to put up with it. He ends up just like the priest who led the village he escaped from early in the series; it's coldly calculating, but trying to save at least part of humanity rather than losing it all in a glorious stand makes a lot more sense. The only reason he ends up being wrong is because the series just happens to endorse complete, over-the-top, ridiculous idealism as the way to win. But for me that was actually the high point of the series along with Kamina's death (which was well-done; he lived long enough to let you get to know him, yet died early enough that it was a total surprise).

Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    omg theres gonna be a US release of BRS The Game

i am so buying it
    They announced it a long time ago but I have not found any information on it. I don't really have too much money and likely not going to buy it now but I was thinking about buying the Premium version with the full size figure when it launches in Japan. I don't know Japanese is a downside but there is no news about special editions in the US or practically any release info or a date for North America and that figure seems pretty awesome. We'll see and I am watching it closely.

http://www.play-asia.com/Black_Rock_...n-70-46jg.html

just bought over $600 worth of anime so if i dont post for a week ivv prolly died from lack of sleep food and water..and sunlight. been watching chobits and i reckon the main character is funny as hell everytime he starts thinking to himself you just start to crack up because a lot of the time he is talking outloud. and he has so much (yummies acording to the subs) in his room.

i was thinking about watching Eureka Seven and i heard that the movie and the tv series are slightly different from each other which you guys think i should watch first?

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post

i was thinking about watching Eureka Seven and i heard that the movie and the tv series are slightly different from each other which you guys think i should watch first?
    i vote the TV series and i would say the difference more than slightly

10+ Year Old Account
    just bought over $600 worth of anime so if i dont post for a week ivv prolly died from lack of sleep food and water..and sunlight. been watching chobits and i reckon the main character is funny as hell everytime he starts thinking to himself you just start to crack up because a lot of the time he is talking outloud. and he has so much (yummies acording to the subs) in his room.

First 600 dollars worth. Pansy i've bought over 700 dollars worth at least twice with spending over 4-500 at least once a year and then buying 100s in manga each month.

Now as for Eureka Seven depends the movie COULD be a prequel but yes they are very different go for series then movie.

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 04:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    i vote the TV series and i would say the difference more than slightly
    LOL and again mecha fan minds think alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Now as for Eureka Seven depends the movie COULD be a prequel but yes they are very different go for series then movie.

Well the movie is really not a prequel, but rather a different short story using the same characters. I fully recommend watching the show first, as the movie would most likely be very confusing if you didn't see the show first anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Well the movie is really not a prequel, but rather a different short story using the same characters. I fully recommend watching the show first, as the movie would most likely be very confusing if you didn't see the show first anyways.
    I said COULD not was. I mean really look at it more closely a ship DID leave earth and for all we know those were the events that caused the initial setup and stasis of the Coralians. However again that is a COULD.

Oh and I already know about the AU concept as well but with Bones ANYTHING is truly possible storywise.

First 600 dollars worth. Pansy i've bought over 700 dollars worth at least twice with spending over 4-500 at least once a year and then buying 100s in manga each month.

LOL and again mecha fan minds think alike.
    alas the pay of an aprentice chef makes me sadface+ i dont know where to buy english manga if there is any at all still gota learn kenji somewhat b4 i go to japan

Deleted
    Toriko is a good one, mostly about food but their first ep is with One Piece, which was ossum!

Deleted
    ~1 Day till Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail 5.
    36 Days till Hellsing Ultimate 8

I don't know if my body will ever be ready for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    alas the pay of an aprentice chef makes me sadface+ i dont know where to buy english manga if there is any at all still gota learn kenji somewhat b4 i go to japan
    Lol Well actually one time was from saving up for over a month for a buy one get one free/half off sale at suncoast. And yeah I spent about 400 something but got over 700 worthMost other times have been months with unusually large snowfalls or after i get a thing called the dividend just searc for Alaska pfd that will explain it. Money wise I make a max of 80 bucks a month from non housework for my parents from them I can get up to 110 for lawn and 7.50 a day for dog sitting when they're gone. As for manga well I take advantage of my dads good graces. TBH my parents are just glad I even read seeing as I always hated reading as a kid(not that I wasn't good at it in fact I was easily bored because I was TOO skilled at reading I was off the charts when tested) so yeah my parents cover most of the manga.In short i'm the Japanese definition of otaku nor American pretty muc everything I earn goes to manga.

well i am buying it over the internets so most of the stuff i get is half he price of what i would pay at shops in aus so i do get a bit prty often

10+ Year Old Account
    well i am buying it over the internets so most of the stuff i get is half he price of what i would pay at shops in aus so i do get a bit prty often
    Same for me these days. Not to mention Suncoast is gone now and best buy shitty as hell selection mixed with the local comic shop ditching hentai well I almost exusivelt buy anime off rightstuf these days. I think iordered 800 something dollars just last October god do I love the dividend.

the subs prty good from rightstuff? i find on occaision that the anime subs from the playtech aisa website arnt always as they should be

such as watching kanon and halfway through they started calling the kendo chick a guy and changed her name a few times=D

10+ Year Old Account
    the subs prty good from rightstuff? i find on occaision that the anime subs from the playtech aisa website arnt always as they should besuch as watching kanon and halfway through they started calling the kendo chick a guy and changed her name a few times=D
    Lol sound like you've been getting either A bootlegs or B the hong kong stuffand to be frank they're about the same. But yes they are rightstuf has 0 bootlegs the packages arrive in 4 days of shipping even to Alaska they ship international and carry even some VN as well as adult videos including hentai and they have weekly sales right now it's section 23 I think so 30-40% off things lik Highschool of the dead.In short oh fuck yeah they're nice. They even remove out of stock items from their listing and tell ya how ma y they hs e left when low on items.Though not sure hoe good they are outside the US but if you're in the US almost no place finer.

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 11:50 AM ----------

Oh I forgot to add if you're lucky you can even get stuff pre street date I once got a boxset about a month early and it was indeed the exact same one you see at stores.

guess ill have to give it a looksy then

---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 02:29 PM ----------

ok having checked it out it seems alot better..lol i thought manga awould be more xpensive
    goodbye playtech hello better thingy!!

10+ Year Old Account
    guess ill have to give it a looksy then---------- Post added 2011-06-20 at 02:29 PM ----------ok having checked it out it seems alot better..lol i thought manga awould be more xpensive goodbye playtech hello better thingy!!
    LOL you're welcome man and yeah they have great service. Hell with s membership combined with s sale Hayate mo Gotoku manga wound up costing me just 6.06 per volume. Aside from shipping of course but still very nice.

I don't like mecha series but Eureka Seven and Evangelion still hit'd me. Although I didn't like Eureka Seven movie at all. It's also really far off from the actual series. Funny how in both series the main characters don't actually even pilot a real completely human made mecha.

Also newest Hellsing Ultimate should be out in a a month or two :3

And I tried to watch Ga-Rei Zero. Couldn't get past 4th episode, school girls killing demons with katanas ain't my thing; story is about as thin as air. 1st episode was quite cool though.
    Last edited by Thes; 2011-06-20 at 06:02 PM.