Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    One last thing, I have been hearing mixed reviews about Bleach and I'm just wondering if anyone here could tell me if it's my thing? I like more, I guess you'd say westernized, anime like Shonen Jump anime and I don't like anything too Japanese. So, any feedback would be appreciated.
    If that's your thing, Bleach sounds right up your alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post

freaking love tsunderes
    Ha.. forgot that happened in the anime. I should rewatch it.

I'd say at least give Bleach a try if Naruto and One Piece tripped your trigger, as it's generally considered the third of the big shonen triad right now. I watched it through episode 310 or so, give or take skipping fillers, and I thought it had its moments but was overall mediocre. Imo the initial Soul Society was overall superior to most everything that came later (except perhaps Ulquiorra, I liked him). So given what you've written I'd say it's worth looking at given your tastes.

As for hardcore anime fans, it's probably because they're generally regarded as introductory anime. They're easy to grasp for a Western viewer and are much easier to follow than many series, but if you've been exposed to more anime you realize they don't rank particularly high in character development or artistry. So if you watch more anime and are able to partially get through the cultural barrier/terminology other series pull ahead, but otherwise they can be a real mess (as I've discovered repeatedly).

Edit: speaking of more anime, what's your newest avatar/sig pair Digglett?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    This is some...by no means all of my figures.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17...a/IMG_1429.jpg

Signed Toradora boxset by Ami's japanese seiyuu... jelly?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17...505_214551.jpg
    tora dora was bad ass. nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Edit: speaking of more anime, what's your newest avatar/sig pair Digglett?
    It's Madoka. Well, the avatar itself is of Sayaka, the sig is Kyouko and Sayaka. It's a little spoilerific, though. >.> I still love it, Sayaka seems to get the best fan art.

Man this scene made me all fuzzy inside, it's a little bit of a spoiler so if you haven't finished Bakemonotagari I don't suggest you watch it Neichus.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It's Madoka. Well, the avatar itself is of Sayaka, the sig is Kyouko and Sayaka. It's a little spoilerific, though. >.> I still love it, Sayaka seems to get the best fan art.
    Ah, now I see it. I just didn't recognize it there up front. I haven't looked around for much fan art from Madoka. To be honest I'm scared of looking too deep for fan art for any female character in anime given what usually turns up on the search. =/

Now if only I could figure out my own avatar, as I took it from some corner of cyberspace years ago. I think it might be from the subfamily Dolichoderinae (no sting, strong crooked antennae, and only a single petiole), or it just as likely could be totally made up.

Ah, now I see it. I just didn't recognize it there up front. I haven't looked around for much fan art from Madoka. To be honest I'm scared of looking too deep for fan art for any female character in anime given what usually turns up on the search. =/

Now if only I could figure out my own avatar, as I took it from some corner of cyberspace years ago. I think it might be from the subfamily Dolichoderinae (no sting, strong crooked antennae, and only a single petiole), or it just as likely could be totally made up.
    Well, there is safebooru, kind of like the site I find most of my pictures, minus the hentai and scary stuff. :<

Omg, someone detext this soon. Want want want~

Last edited by Digglett; 2011-07-30 at 04:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post

As for One Piece I haven't really gotten far as I don't have the time I did when I revisited Naruto, but I'm on episode 25 right now and i'm enjoying it. I think that once the story picks up I will really begin to enjoy it.
    Oh man, you are still in the boring part too. If you are enjoying it now, just wait till you get to the Arlong Park arc. One Piece is by far my favorite Shonen series and blows Naruto away.

Man this scene made me all fuzzy inside, it's a little bit of a spoiler so if you haven't finished Bakemonotagari I don't suggest you watch it Neichus.
    Nope I haven't, still on episode 7 since last night. I've got a question about the series: one of my streaming sites categorized it under "ecchi" which thus far it hasn't warranted. Does it get significantly more graphic later on or is that just a poor classification?

As a side funny story: I was just mentioning this same conundrum to a friend of mine and realized I wasn't sure how to say the word (I'm saying it "etch-ee") so I asked him if he knew. He'd never heard of the word so he asked me, "What again?" "Ecchi: E-C-C-H-I." I immediately hear some typing on his keyboard and about one second too late I say, "I wouldn't search that on Google if I were you." At that point he just looked at me and asked, "Why did you do that?" I'm still laughing here.

Nope I haven't, still on episode 7 since last night. I've got a question about the series: one of my streaming sites categorized it under "ecchi" which thus far it hasn't warranted. Does it get significantly more graphic later on or is that just a poor classification?

As a side funny story: I was just mentioning this same conundrum to a friend of mine and realized I wasn't sure how to say the word (I'm saying it "etch-ee") so I asked him if he knew. He'd never heard of the word so he asked me, "What again?" "Ecchi: E-C-C-H-I." I immediately hear some typing on his keyboard and about one second too late I say, "I wouldn't search that on Google if I were you." At that point he just looked at me and asked, "Why did you do that?" I'm still laughing here.
    Eh, there's a bit of ecchi, I don't remember where it starts, or really if it has yet for you.

This was even suppose to be one of the openings, it was changed needless to say.

I absolutely and entirely hated Sayaka, her personality her motivations she just all around irritated me. If I had to pick on terms of which of them was the most real that would be Mami, most lovable character when you actually realized what was going on was Homerun.

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    I absolutely and entirely hated Sayaka, her personality her motivations she just all around irritated me. If I had to pick on terms of which of them was the most real that would be Mami, most lovable character when you actually realized what was going on was Homerun.
    I thought she was one of the most tragic characters of the series (okay, after Homuhomu), sucked that every possible ending she turns into a witch.

I thought she was one of the most tragic characters of the series (okay, after Homuhomu), sucked that every possible ending she turns into a witch.
    Which technically defied Madokas condition and I still dont understand how they allowed that to happen. See following Every witch was supposed to be destroyed before it was born thereby there should have been no goddamn way that Sayaka actually died a witch...if you remember the final scene WITCHES DIDNT EVEN EXIST IN HOMUS WORLD, so how she died a witch in that scene when madoka first returned her to earth blows my mind. The fact there wasnt internet theorying of this also shocked me

Kyouko is my favorite, I have a thing for the fiery redheads, homura is 2ndAlso the inner moe loving Baka in me tells me to buy Kyouko beach figure. And I'm really surprise that the Mami beach figure have her wearing a small bikini.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    Kyouko is my favorite, I have a thing for the fiery redheads, homura is 2ndAlso the inner moe loving Baka in me tells me to buy Kyouko beach figure. And I'm really surprise that the Mami beach figure have her wearing a small bikini.
    Im more surprised you cant take the bikini OFF Mami, which is a common theme with outfits like that.

Kyouko is my favorite I think too, that or Mami, and Homhomu, gah I can't chose.

It was odd, but in the last episode when Madoka was talking to Kyouko I was close to bawing, and she wasn't saying anything particularly sad.

Note to self: don't ever get in a fight with a Rainey Demon-thing unless I want my wrist snapped and to then be swung around by my intestines. I think that would hurt a great deal, although I'm doubtful that human viscera are secured that strongly to our skeletal system.

Edit: Araragi must not be familiar with Central American mythology, as he passes right over the first example I can think of for a snake god (Quetzalcoatl). Jormungand from Norse mythology is also pretty important.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-07-30 at 03:19 PM.

i knew it wasnt going to end good since she asked for that wish but never expected that it would go that bad.... anyway my love is all for homura and second to madoka

but right now she is all i have in my mind

Last edited by karloz1337; 2011-07-30 at 11:39 PM.

Wow, I'm blown away by Dantalian no Shoka's first episode. I have high hopes for this series, and Dalian is cuuute. >.>
    The animation is beautiful, right up my alley, same with the music. I hope this keeps up throughout the series, if it does its definitely a contender for one of my favorites.

Wow, I'm blown away by Dantalian no Shoka's first episode. I have high hopes for this series, and Dalian is cuuute. >.>
    The animation is beautiful, right up my alley, same with the music. I hope this keeps up throughout the series, if it does its definitely a contender for one of my favorites.
    Reading the description it sounds similar to Gosick except with a supernatural twist.

Reading the description it sounds similar to Gosick except with a supernatural twist.
    Probably, I skipped Gosick for some reason, so I can't exactly speak for it.

The opening sort of reminds me of Elfen Lied's, the song at least.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-07-30 at 09:10 PM.