Bakemonogatari
    <3
    i love it

anyone recommend me a good tsudere/rommaance anime :>
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    tsudere/rommaance anime :>
    Toradora is pretty tsundere style. Only finished it yesterday, but very good.
    If you look at previous pages of this thread, a large portion is just Toradora's praises being sung from the rooftops. But it is well deserved.

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 06:19 PM ----------

And should I be worried if I tried watching Romeo x Juliet earlier and thought it was great?
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Deleted
    dunno if this was mentioned already but because its the best comedy I've seen so far and I can't get enough of it...i'll post it
    Summary:
    Sakata Gintoki is a samurai living in an era when samurais are no longer needed. To add to his troubles, oppressive aliens have moved in to invade. Gintoki lives with Kagura and Shinpachi, taking on odd jobs to make the world a better place...and to pay their rent.
    Genre:
    Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Parody, Samurai,Slapstick

forgot the name its Gintama
    Last edited by mmoc806c77bebb; 2010-12-05 at 08:05 PM.

Bakemonogatari
    <3
    i love it

Zero no Tsukaima. ;D Wonder if anyone has seen it... Probably.

15+ Year Old Account
    Toradora
    Zero no tsukaima
    the female mc of Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai is also really tsundere.

Not really tsun tsun, but really good regardless, school rumble
    cant really think of anything else at the moment.

Looking through the thread, I have seen very little mention of my very most favorite manga/anime:

One Piece.

Many people were thrown off by the bad 4kids dub. . . they cut out much of the blood, turned cigarettes into lollipops, etc., and ruined a lot of the storyline for no apparent reason. Funimation, the people who dubbed Full Metal Alchemist, is dubbing it now, but I don't watch the dub. I watch subs, and read the manga, although I read the manga moreso than I watch it, just because I already know what's happening in the anime.

There are also a lot of people who don't watch it because it "seems silly". . . it's a shonen manga, yes. It wholeheartedly embraces the genre and the formula that make up the shonen genre. BUT. It is an amazingly well-written manga/anime. (filler doesn't count) I love, love, LOVEEEEE this manga, and I am a girl. It is well-written. The characters are surprisingly deep, and the plot twists are second to none. It's a story about pirates, and specifically about Luffy's quest to be Pirate King. But he doesn't seek the kingship for treasure or bragging rights. . . he seeks it because being King of the Pirates means you are the most free of them all! The supporting cast is amazing, and laughs, tears, and gasps galore are to be found. I've never, ever found anything that measures up to it.

As for not classic enough. . .it just celebrated its ten years anniversary not long ago. It's been #2 on the best-seller list in Japan consistently since its debut. #1 has come and go and changed, but One Piece has held its spot in the list. This work is Odacchi's masterpiece. By not reading/watching it, you are seriously missing out. It might not be as "dark" and "mature" as some animes or mangas, but it definitely deals with some issues that not even those "mature" ones will touch.
    Katarinea of Bleeding Hollow.
    Night elf and proud of it, and a Loremaster both inside the game and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarinea View Post
    Looking through the thread, I have seen very little mention of my very most favorite manga/anime:

One Piece.

Many people were thrown off by the bad 4kids dub. . . they cut out much of the blood, turned cigarettes into lollipops, etc., and ruined a lot of the storyline for no apparent reason. Funimation, the people who dubbed Full Metal Alchemist, is dubbing it now, but I don't watch the dub. I watch subs, and read the manga, although I read the manga moreso than I watch it, just because I already know what's happening in the anime.

There are also a lot of people who don't watch it because it "seems silly". . . it's a shonen manga, yes. It wholeheartedly embraces the genre and the formula that make up the shonen genre. BUT. It is an amazingly well-written manga/anime. (filler doesn't count) I love, love, LOVEEEEE this manga, and I am a girl. It is well-written. The characters are surprisingly deep, and the plot twists are second to none. It's a story about pirates, and specifically about Luffy's quest to be Pirate King. But he doesn't seek the kingship for treasure or bragging rights. . . he seeks it because being King of the Pirates means you are the most free of them all! The supporting cast is amazing, and laughs, tears, and gasps galore are to be found. I've never, ever found anything that measures up to it.

As for not classic enough. . .it just celebrated its ten years anniversary not long ago. It's been #2 on the best-seller list in Japan consistently since its debut. #1 has come and go and changed, but One Piece has held its spot in the list. This work is Odacchi's masterpiece. By not reading/watching it, you are seriously missing out. It might not be as "dark" and "mature" as some animes or mangas, but it definitely deals with some issues that not even those "mature" ones will touch.
    Oh, I do. I keep up with manga and anime for one piece every week. I agree with you that it is a great story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarinea View Post

One Piece.
    OP is one of the big three, so it's pretty much a no brainer. My favourite of the three, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte View Post
    OP is one of the big three, so it's pretty much a no brainer. My favourite of the three, actually.
    No-brainer or not, some people just haven't heard about it, or ignore it because they think it's "stupid". And of the big three, it is most definitely my favorite! Naruto and Bleach just don't have the same depth, and the art is gorgeous. . .Bleach doesn't even normally have backgrounds!
    Katarinea of Bleeding Hollow.
    Night elf and proud of it, and a Loremaster both inside the game and out.

And now its time Onyx's recommendation again, this time with a manga!

Sumire 16 Sai!! I think this is a great manga. At first I was like "Wat?" then I was like ";D" then it was over and I was like "D:". Since I don't like to give descriptions, I'm going to do a copy paste summary.

On her way to her first day of high school, Renge Ohyama meets a weird girl who appears to be a life-sized doll. But she isn't some advanced mechanical creation or even a magical doll. No. A scary looking middle age man controls her movements, puppet-like, and speaks for her via ventriloquism. Unfortunately, this perverted-seeming old man and his doll happen to attend her new school. Even worse, is in the same class and sits right behind her. And it seems the doll wants to be friends...

Quote Originally Posted by Senedra View Post
    Anyone seen Skip beat?
    Reading it here, didnt like the voice actor of Kyoko but story wise its all good.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Anyone got something they could recommend? im kind of running out of stuff i want to watch..

(btw Sy updated like 20 animes so take a look around the 3+ stars in my lists, also try searching for your favorite animes and scroll down youll see a list of recommendations from ppl on the site)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Reading it here, didnt like the voice actor of Kyoko but story wise its all good.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Anyone got something they could recommend? im kind of running out of stuff i want to watch..

(btw Sy updated like 20 animes so take a look around the 3+ stars in my lists, also try searching for your favorite animes and scroll down youll see a list of recommendations from ppl on the site)
    yeah i didnt mind Kyoko's VA sucks the anime stop just as it was getting really good >.< hate it when they do that and for those who dont know SKip Beat :
    Kyouko Mogami lived solely for her childhood friend Shoutaro "Shou" Fuwa. She follows Shou to Tokyo so that he may realize his dream of becoming a famous singer. When his dream is realized, Kyouko overhears the truth behind his decision to bringing her with him: he was using her as a maid.

Shocked and enraged, Kyouko swears to take revenge by outdoing him in show business. With a new look and a new attitude, she joins LME, the agency where Ren Tsuruga (Shou's rival and the #1 actor of LME) works, in the hopes of achieving her goal of destroying Shou's pride.

Along the way, she discovers her true self, makes new friends (and enemies), and finds herself at the heart of some interesting situations that will change her life, and the lives of all others involved, forever.

Thankyou mangafox XD

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 01:40 AM ----------

its worth a watch if your into shojo and crazy stuff >.>, but when you hit the end of the anime should go read the manga :3

Not sure how accurate your list is but here are some ones that I would recommend (all descriptions stolen from anidb.net):

Baccano!
    "Baccano", which light novelist Narita translates as "stupid commotion", is Italian for "ruckus". Each of the stories in the series involves several unrelated plots intersecting and crossing each other as events spiral further and further out of control. Immortal alchemists, mafia operated speakeasies, and many other elements of pulp fiction are mashed together for a world straight out of the movies.

Hunter X Hunter (a lot like dragon ball)
    Gon's father, long believed to be dead, is still alive and was once one of the greatest Hunters in existence. Gon believes he will be able to meet his father once he himself becomes a Hunter. However, before he can become one, he has to pass the Hunter Exam first, an exam made of numerous tasks and dangerous trials. Persevering and refusing to give up, Gon manages to reach the Hunter Exam, all the while keeping his innocent attitude. Throughout many of the tasks and trials of the Hunter Exam, Gon manages to make many unique friends. Kurapica, a sole survivor of his clan seeking revenge, Leorio, who wants to become a doctor, and Killua, a member of an infamous assassin family, all eventually join up with Gon in hopes of passing the exam together. Each of them have their own reasons for taking the exam, but will they manage to pass it alive? It will be no easy task, as the tasks and trials in the exam are not easy. Aside from worrying about dying from the exam itself, Gon and his friends also have to watch out for killers participating in the exam...

Scrapped Princess
    Usually, the birth of heirs would be a joy to any kingdom. But at the time of the birth of the royal twins, it was prophesized that if the girl child reaches her 16th birthday, she would be the cause of the destruction of the world. Out of fear of the prophesy, it was decided that she should not be allowed to live and the little child was cast off the highest cliff to a certain death. Pacifica, the child of whom the prophesy spoke, is now 15 years old and traveling with her adoptive brother and sister who are dedicated to protect her. Chased by various forces dedicated to see that the sentence of death is carried out, Pacifica is compelled to hide her identity and to rely on the strength of her brother's sword and the mastery of her sister's sorcery to stay alive. With an army of warriors, sorcerers, and the might of the church all dedicated to her death, will the assistance of brother and sister be enough, or will Pacifica have to call forth the power to save herself and fulfill her destiny as it was told in the prophesy?

Hajime no Ippo (then New Challenger)
    Makunouchi Ippo is an ordinary high school student in Japan. Since he spends most of his time away from school helping his mother run the family business, he doesn't get to enjoy his younger years like most teenagers. Always a target for bullying at school (the family fishing business grants him a distinct odor), Ippo's life is one of hardship.

One of these after-school bullying sessions turns Ippo's life around for the better, as he is saved by a boxer named Takamura. He decides to follow in Takamura's footsteps and train to become a boxer, giving his life direction and purpose. Ippo's path to perfecting his pugilistic prowess is just beginning ...

Soul Eater
    Set in the Shinigami technical school for weapon technicians, the series revolves around three pairs of two characters with each having a weapon technician and a human weapon. They try to make the latter a "Death Scythe" and thus fit for use by the Shinigami. They must collect the souls of 99 evil humans and one witch to do this.

Slam Dunk (basketball/drama so may not be up your alley, really highly rated though)
    The hero of the piece is Sakuragi Hanamichi, a loud-mouthed, red-haired guy who has been rejected by girls 50 times in junior high. He meets the latest girl of his dreams, Akagi Haruko, and falls madly in love with her. He even goes so far as to join the basketball team to impress her, even though he knows nothing about the sport. But soon, he realizes that he truly loves basketball and he has talent for it. He's bitter rivals with Rukawa Kaede, both on the court and out of it, because Haruko worships the ground Rukawa walks on, though he hardly notices she exists. The other main characters are Akagi Takenori, Haruko's older brother who is also the captain of the team; Miyagi Ryota, who is in love with Ayako the team manager; and Mitsui Hisashi, a third-year former MVP (Most Valuable Player) who has been away from basketball for two years. Together, these unlikely misfits aim to transform Shohoku from a little-known team to the champion in all of Japan.

Mugen no Ryvius
    In 2197 a strong solar flare created a strange region of high gravity, called the Gedult, throughout the plane of the solar system, which crushes any ship that strays too far into it. Nonetheless, humanity has traveled through space and colonized all the planets. It is here, in 2225, that Kouji travels to the Bratica facility along with thousands of other young men and women, to train for every kind of career in space, from salvager to stewardess. All is not as simple as it seems, as enemies they didn't even know they had threaten all their lives with sabotoage, and a mysterious and powerful ship appears as their salvation. But even this powerful ship, the Ryvius, can't protect them from themselves...

El Hazard: The Magnificent World (original 7episode ova, not sure about any of the others)
    In the ruins beneath Shinanome High School, Makoto encounters Ifrit, an ancient, mysterious entity who transports him to the parallel world of El Hazard. She also takes the scheming Jinnai, Jinnai's irrepressible sister Nanami, and Mr. Fujisawa along. The Earthlings find themselves in an elaborate sword-and-sorcery tale involving the Eye of God, a super-weapon created by an earlier civilization. Balanced against this threat are comic interludes that include Makoto posing in drag as the Princess Fatora and Jinnai making himself ruler of the insect-like Bugrom.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho (Power Level anime)
    Urameshi Yusuke, 14 years of age, is about as troublesome and violent as teenagers come. He is constantly ditching school, causing uproar, and getting into numerous fights everyday. One day however, he does the unexpected: sacrificing himself to save a young child. Such an action was never ever expected, especially coming from someone as troublesome as Urameshi Yusuke. The afterlife is not prepared for Yusuke, as they never thought he would make such a sacrifice. Nowhere to go, and dead, Yusuke becomes a ghost and must earn his way back into existence.

Yusuke is "employed" by Koenma, who is in charge while his father and ruler of the afterlife, King Enma, is away. Under Koenma's command, Yusuke helps to stop menacing demons that threaten the lives of people everywhere - whether by stealing priceless and invaluable items and destructive weapons, or by wreaking havoc on humans.

Throughout Yusuke's journey, he is usually joined by his arch-rival, and local bully, Kuwabara Kazuma; he is also joined by two demons named Hiei and Kurama, who are ex-convicts of the afterlife that managed to escape from Koenma.

This group of unlikely allies goes on to participate and struggle in battles that have outcomes that determine the fate of humanity!

Also recommend finishing up Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Last edited by bals; 2010-12-06 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Not sure how accurate your list is but here are some ones that I would recommend (all descriptions stolen from anidb.net):
    Well seeing how many i could add yesterday only i guess its not too accurate

Baccano!
    Ive read it.

Hunter X Hunter (a lot like dragon ball)
    Dropped after a few episodes, sorry
    It does have some good soundtracks thou.

Scrapped Princess
    Hm might check this out.

Hajime no Ippo (then New Challenger)
    Reading it, althou i watched a few episodes, prefer the manga thou.

Soul Eater
    Ive seen this, just havent remember adding it. Thanks for reminding thou.

Slam Dunk
    Might check this out, bit doubtful but still a posibility.

Mugen no Ryvius
    I did watch this a bit but game it up, thanks for the reminder thou

El Hazard: The Magnificent World
    Possibly trying this out aswell.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho (Power Level anime)
    Same as Hunter

Also recommend finishing up Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Who do you think i am? Ill finish it due time

Thanks for giving a few heads up thou!

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Senedra View Post
    its worth a watch if your into shojo and crazy stuff >.>, but when you hit the end of the anime should go read the manga :3
    Id recommend going for the manga from the start to the end, its fun to watch the progress of the art and its really the same but continues alot further

If you liked Skip Beat id recommend Tokyo Crazy Paradise aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Who do you think i am?
    Lol'd.
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i'm reading the manga of skip beat and latest chapter came out and UGH! another cliffhanger >.< and i've read some of tokyo crazy paradise, llike it alot :3

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 08:31 AM ----------

on a side note changed avatar again and it makes me laugh and cry a lil bit ...

You should try out Darker Than Black if you haven't. ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Kamina ≥ epic.
    -Judic

Quote Originally Posted by Yseran View Post
    You should try out Darker Than Black if you haven't. ;D
    Ive watched it really now how many are missing on the list i wonder