10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I knew those clothes on the chars looked familiar...what made me really notice was homura's. Just started re-watching madoka as well, and now laylie has finally found out our dark dark secret...of fluffiness.
    [CENTER]

Hmm, the last episode of Kami-sama Dolls was interesting. Second series incoming at some point...
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

15+ Year Old Account
    Didnt watch anime today dunno what should i start naw, thinkin about StarDriver, or anything else what have teh pairing.
    I wonder if teh Melancholy of Haruhi has teh pairing between mister Kyon and Haruhi
    I accept everything that have teh pairing :<
    (except shounen-ai thingies, these one for my sister lol )

and sure a nice vid, and gonna sleep, WORK TOMOROWOWOWO!

(hunter t13 set is good, wellmade shoulders gonna try to buy subscr again )
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Ughh whiping on Heroic Rhyo 25 man is so not as much fun as watching anime.. Even if it is Madoka which I don't understand why everyone loves it I am on episode 6 and its ok but its not amazing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah thats not even halfway through it. Its an anime that keeps on expanding as it goes.
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Ughh whiping on Heroic Rhyo 25 man is so not as much fun as watching anime.. Even if it is Madoka which I don't understand why everyone loves it I am on episode 6 and its ok but its not amazing...
    Earlier on (apart from infamous episode 3) it suffers from being pretty slow and has some parts with dialogue that never seems to end, but i found from episode 7-8 onwards (especially in the last 20 seconds of each episode where shit seems to hit the fan every time) everything comes together. Episode 9 and 10 were personal favourites.

Also, while rewatching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya last night i realised the music for the "next episode preview" kind of part sounds nearly exactly the same as the Madoka OP song.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might be a victim of the hype machine, when everyone keeps telling you how something is the greatest ever and your expectations get built up so high they will never be met. It is a well done series, but part of the reason many people were impressed by it was how it took the magical girl genre and flipped it on its ear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I didn't watch it at first till around I think around 6 since I thought it was just a generic magical girl anime and I watched enough of those.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    Yeah I didn't watch it at first till around I think around 6 since I thought it was just a generic magical girl anime and I watched enough of those.
    I have yet to watch a magic girl anime except this one and I hope they are not all like this. I mean its not bad but its not great I am a little disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah it's unique imo.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to watch a magic girl anime except this one and I hope they are not all like this. I mean its not bad but its not great I am a little disappointed.
    never seen like Sailor Moon? The whole point of Madoka Magica is it is the total opposite of the Magical Girl genre. This is actually why I am hesitant to recommend Madoka to relative anime newbies (no offense) because it really dose play off of the typical expectations of the viewer as to what a magical girl series will be and if you do not have those expectations then it doesn't work the same. It is still a well made series in its own right, but yeah, without having seen a magical girl series before, you won't have the same reaction to it as most.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    It is still a well made series in its own right, but yeah, without having seen a magical girl series before, you won't have the same reaction to it as most.
    Pretty much this. All the sweet, innocent expectations from previously watching series' like Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura pretty much get tipped over, thrown to the ground then stomped on by Madoka.

I don't believe anyone anymore when it comes to Madoka you all portrayed it as a fun innocent little show. BUT NO!SpoilerPeople die left and right
    I never portrayed it as anything but what it is, a show written by Gen Orobuchi, the main writer for Nitroplus, and a man who once said he was incapable of writing anything that wasn't a tragedy. Honestly the whole Moe Moe thing people are trying to shoe horn into Madoka is almost an insult to show that is trying to use that as a way of setting up an ambush for un-weary viewers.

Laylie i cant find anything about buying the code geass in wonderland cards all i can see is that there prizes for contests

Quote Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
    I never portrayed it as anything but what it is, a show written by Gen Orobuchi, the main writer for Nitroplus, and a man who once said he was incapable of writing anything that wasn't a tragedy. Honestly the whole Moe Moe thing people are trying to shoe horn into Madoka is almost an insult to show that is trying to use that as a way of setting up an ambush for un-weary viewers.
    Yea you guys are terrible at recommending things... Trying to trick me into watching this show. lol I don't appreciate it....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea you guys are terrible at recommending things... Trying to trick me into watching this show. lol I don't appreciate it....
    Hey now, I never recommended it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll call it even after watching the 2 mins or so of one of my favorite (comedic) scenes in clannad dubbed :P
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
    Honestly the whole Moe Moe thing people are trying to shoe horn into Madoka is almost an insult to show that is trying to use that as a way of setting up an ambush for un-weary viewers.
    Alot of it stems from the fact that all the characters are total stereotypes on the surface. It is a trap.
    The cast itself looks like the lineup of any tired, generic magical girl or moe anime.

Sayaka is the rash, defensive best friend.
    Mami, the wise and confident older sister and teacher figure.
    Kyouko, the candy-chomping self-important brat.
    Homura, the tsun-tsun, distant, reserved, ambiguous antagonist/protagonist.
    Finally, Madoka, the ditzy, clumsy heroine destined for great things by simple fact that she owns the status of main character. The Opening Song is one of the biggest factors reinforcing this.

But then comes the slight of hand. Once they make their initial impressions on everyone, everything turns sour.

Theyre even colour coded!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    I'll call it even after watching the 2 mins or so of one of my favorite (comedic) scenes in clannad dubbed :P
    hahaha. Burn.

Not appreciating being tricked into madoka.... this world is condemned!

In other news Mawaru penguindrum keeps the suspense to its most... i just want to know what happened 16 years ago cant wait till destinyday!