Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    Not appreciating being tricked into madoka.... this world is condemned!

In other news Mawaru penguindrum keeps the suspense to its most... i just want to know what happened 16 years ago cant wait till destinyday!
    Some people don't appreciate deconstructionsYes I went there.

10+ Year Old Account
    gonna finish, squid girl finally

then either spice and wolf or aoi yoshi, aftr rewatching some toradora episodes
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Anyone have any idea whats with glut of older anime showing up on a certain idiotic torrent site?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Anyone have any idea whats with glut of older anime showing up on a certain idiotic torrent site?
    Care to elaborate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    this, it's not that older anime is bad tho
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    what I'm most looking forward to next season:

Several other ones are looking promising as well, and I'd like some more info about Persona 4 - most comments about it seem to be from people who liked the game it's based on, but as I know nothing about the game in question, those aren't very enlightening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammurg View Post
    what I'm most looking forward to next season:

Several other ones are looking promising as well, and I'd like some more info about Persona 4 - most comments about it seem to be from people who liked the game it's based on, but as I know nothing about the game in question, those aren't very enlightening.
    persona 4 synopsis:
    Synopsis
    Persona 4 takes place in the same universe as Persona 3 in a rural town named Inaba. There have been mysterious murders occurring whenever there was fog after heavy rain. There were also rumors about a channel on television airing only at midnight called Mayonaka TV, during which it is said that one can see his/her "other half" when staring at the TV screen.

After hearing about a recent unsolved murder which occurred during the fog, the characters—the main character, Chie, and Yōsuke—discuss how each of them had attempted to watch the mysterious TV channel and witnessed the murder victim. The protagonist later realizes that during midnight when the channel is on, his body can phase into his television set as a gateway to enter another world infested with shadows.

After discovering this, they all decide to explore. When first completely entering the world, dazed and confused, the main character meets Teddie. Mayonaka TV and the town murders seem to have a connection. The murder victims may be merely victims of Mayonaka TV. Everyone decides that they will together try to solve the mysterious murders by exploring the hidden world of Mayonaka TV.

After the closing events of Persona 3 on January 31, 2010, Persona 4 starts April 11, 2011, Putting the start of Persona 4 fourteen months after the end of Persona 3, this is also evident by the appearance of an older Chihiro, who is now a 3rd year student.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

I guess I am just sad that my first "Magical Girl" anime is all dark and depressing. I think I just chose the wrong one to be my first one. On side note I do love all the characters but I am dreading seeing what happens to them. I will most likely finish the rest of the show up today and either start on Gundam Seed and or Beck. I think I might watch 2 of each episode and alternate since they are both around 50 episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    I guess I am just sad that my first "Magical Girl" anime is all dark and depressing. I think I just chose the wrong one to be my first one. On side note I do love all the characters but I am dreading seeing what happens to them. I will most likely finish the rest of the show up today and either start on Gundam Seed and or Beck. I think I might watch 2 of each episode and alternate since they are both around 50 episodes.
    go watch sailor moon
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    just got brewfest ram that I've had for 2 years and still no kodo ><
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    just got brewfest ram that I've had for 2 years and still no kodo ><
    meh, no luck on either of my chars this year, got kodo on hunter and ram on druid of last year.

gonna give persona ~trinity soul~a go, if it sucks, i'm gonna watch a romance series
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    go watch sailor moon
    Ewwwww...... I have some standards...

Deleted
    What do you mean? Old =/= bad, even though I am not a fan of old(er) anime myself either.
    If you want mahou shoujo, go watch Nanoha.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was joking when i posted that

as tursk said, give nanohana a try.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

What do you mean? Old =/= bad, even though I am not a fan of old(er) anime myself either.
    If you want mahou shoujo, go watch Nanoha.
    Not a huge fa of shoujo, plus I just can't get into older anime anything before 2000 I don't know why I just can't I remember my sister used to watch sailor moon when I was like 7. That is a bit too old for me.

Also sarcasm and text just doesn't work for me I can't ever tell when someone is joking.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-09-28 at 01:13 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mahou Shoujo as a genre is for all intents and purposes Shoujo, with Sailor Moon being one of the classics. Then there are a few that have twisted the genre a bit, with Nanoha being shounenified, and Madoka being seinenified.
    But yea, can't really think of any magical girl series other than those two not being aimed at little girls.

Well I think my next choice of anime is Beck and Mobile Suit Gundam Seed. I don't know what I will be watching afterwards but I will check into some "Magical Girl" shows.

Deleted
    Not a huge fa of shoujo, plus I just can't get into older anime anything before 2000 I don't know why I just can't I remember my sister used to watch sailor moon when I was like 7. That is a bit too old for me.

Also sarcasm and text just doesn't work for me I can't ever tell when someone is joking.
    I'm not sure if you got it but mahou shoujo = magical girl, not just regular shoujo.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think my next choice of anime is Beck and Mobile Suit Gundam Seed. I don't know what I will be watching afterwards but I will check into some "Magical Girl" shows.
    BECK isn't really a show that makes much sense dubbed, as it often exemplifies how japanese bands have problems breaking through in america because of poor english. I imagine that won't really get through in the dubbed verion

I'm not sure if you got it but mahou shoujo = magical girl, not just regular shoujo.
    O I see. I am new to anime so I don't know all the anime terms yet thanks for clarifying lol. That will make it much easier to find a show than googling Magical Girl lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    BECK isn't really a show that makes much sense dubbed, as it often expemplifies how japanese bands have problems breaking through in america because of poor english. I imagine that won't really get through in the dubbed verion
    I have heard this for that reason I think I will watch it subbed. I made the mistake to watch K-On dubbed and while I LOVE the VA in it the songs just don't match which makes it sad. Plus I can't watch the whole series yet since it's not fully dubbed. I am by no means against subs since I am watching one now. I just prefer the dubs for the time being since I multitask with multiple browsers opened.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-09-28 at 02:31 PM.