10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Those are the ones I got just off the top of my head. Not sure on the others and don't feel like thinking, ehe
    meh my riddles :P

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Okay, I'll post a few just in case you've heard some before. Keep in mind they're mostly for children.

Starting of easy:

1. You have a basket with 3 apples, and you take 2; How many apples do you have? 2

2. A police has a brother, but the brother doesn't have a brother. How come? pass

3. An elk was going to a river to drink some water, on his way there he met 3 bears. On top of each bear there was a fox, and on the back of each fox there was a bird. How many animals were going to the river to drink some water? 1

4. Two men were coming home from a market, when they got home they were greeted by two women who said "Here comes our men, our mothers' men, our fathers and our childrens' fathers." How can this be?grandfather

5. When you know what I am, I don't exist. When you don't know what I am, I exist. What am I?air

6. There are 4 lit candles on a table, how many should you blow out to only let there be one left? pass

7. A boy and a girl were playing chess. They played five times. There were no draws and they both won equally many rounds. How come? the 5th game wasn't done yet

Final one which I know the answer to, but I don't know WHY this is the answer.

X. On a photograph there was a grandmother, two mothers, two sisters, one grandchild, one aunt and one niece. How many people are there on the photograph?
    1, the grandmother is soo fat, the others can't get on the picture.

I used to have like a million books with riddles which I always used to bug my friends with. But at last no one even bothered to answer them, which made my threw said books away. Which is why I only remember riddles for children. ^^

Let's pretend it's on topic. Guys, I heard of this awesome anime full of riddles and stuff, let's see how well you'll do on these!

Have fun!
    ye we go play phi brain: kami no puzzle in real

My turn got some more: (not for beginners and it's about mathematics :P)

.1 According to experts the first 4 moves in a chess game can be played in 197299 totally different ways. If it takes 30 seconds to make one move, how long would it take one player to try every possible set of 4 moves?

2. The Riddler has left a clue for Batman to follow at the scene of each crime. These are the clues that Batman has found:

(1) There is a 1 in the thousands place.
    (2) The digit in the tens place is 9 times the digit in the thousands place.
    (3) Multiply the digit in the thousands place by 2.
    (4) The digit in the ones place is a hand without a thumb.
    (5) The digit in the hundreds is 2 less than the number in the tens.

Solve the riddle to find the number and help Batman stop the Riddler.

3. If Jane is older than Kim, Kim is older than Shawn. Shawn is younger than Jane and Rachel is older than Jane

List the people from oldest to youngest.

4. An ice cream stand has nine different flavours. A group of children come to the stand and each buys a double scoop cone with two flavours of ice cream. If none of the children choose the same combination of flavours, and every different combination of flavors is chosen, how many children are there?

FLAVOURS

1 Vanilla
    2 Maple
    3 Chocolate
    4 Tiger
    5 Raspberry
    6 Strawberry
    7 Coffee
    8 Moon Mist
    9 Cherry Vanilla

5. A grocery store has a sale on bananas. If you buy six bananas you get the sale price. If the grocer has 489 bananas how many bunches of six can he sell at his sale price? In this case how many can be sold at the regular price? (there had to be one about bananas)

6. Sixteen players enter a tennis tournament. If there can be no draws how many games must be played if each player can be eliminated by one loss.

7. Nobody knows how old Aunt Helen is but she gave a few hints. She had passed 1/20 of her life before she started school. She spent 3/20 of her life in school; She worked for 1/10 of her life before she got married. She was married for 2/5 of her life. Her husband died after 7/10 of her life.

From reading Uncle Harry's gravestone you find out that she has been a widow for 24 years.

How old is Aunt Helen?

8. Rachel opened her math book and found that the sum of the facing pages was 243. What pages did she open to?

---------- Post added 2011-10-09 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Ahh just woke up to see Hunter X Hunter, Fate/Zero and Ben-to torrents up.
    Gonna check Ben-to and the other two after my brother wakes up or smth. (I like watching anime with him)
    ben-to was fun too watch.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    Why the TTGL hate?
    The anime is fine I just hate its zealous crazed fanboys especially the ones that think is the most strongest robot because of its 100 million light year size.

And those who harshly criticize those who didn't like it by calling them retarded and has no taste
    Last edited by Shishca; 2011-10-09 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    milhi is cuuuuute <3
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Anyone here watching/watched Ao no exorcist?
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanksenior View Post
    Yes. 7/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    watching c³ ep 2 right now, opening still reminds me of clannad.
    Lol I know what you mean about the opening I get that feeling too. Maybe because of the beginning of clannad's first episode :P
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    Lol I know what you mean about the opening I get that feeling too. Maybe because of the beginning of clannad's first episode :P
    ye, with the cherry trees and stuff. fear even does a pose like nagisa does.

got it completed alrdy but ye seen it.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

About to watch C3 episode two right meow myself so I will see what you all are talking about on the opening. Still can't wait for Guilty Crown next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen it, I'd give it a 8/10. Or maybe 7.5. I like the story and I especially like how there were a few episodes where they just went to school and not much happened. A bit of slice of life. Although other may just count it as a filler. Oh well.

Synaia, you want more time with the riddles or should I post the answers? You got 2 right so far. I can't tell you how many right Skizzit had since then you could just take his answers, but there are a few in there that you had wrong/didn't answer
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'll post a few just in case you've heard some before. Keep in mind they're mostly for children.

Starting of easy:

1. You have a basket with 3 apples, and you take 2; How many apples do you have? 3

2. A police has a brother, but the brother doesn't have a brother. How come? already been answered ><

3. An elk was going to a river to drink some water, on his way there he met 3 bears. On top of each bear there was a fox, and on the back of each fox there was a bird. How many animals were going to the river to drink some water? 1

4. Two men were coming home from a market, when they got home they were greeted by two women who said "Here comes our men, our mothers' men, our fathers and our childrens' fathers." How can this be?

5. When you know what I am, I don't exist. When you don't know what I am, I exist. What am I?

6. There are 4 lit candles on a table, how many should you blow out to only let there be one left?

7. A boy and a girl were playing chess. They played five times. There were no draws and they both won equally many rounds. How come?

Final one which I know the answer to, but I don't know WHY this is the answer.

X. On a photograph there was a grandmother, two mothers, two sisters, one grandchild, one aunt and one niece. How many people are there on the photograph?

I used to have like a million books with riddles which I always used to bug my friends with. But at last no one even bothered to answer them, which made my threw said books away. Which is why I only remember riddles for children. ^^

Let's pretend it's on topic. Guys, I heard of this awesome anime full of riddles and stuff, let's see how well you'll do on these!

Have fun!
    Left ones already done / dont know blank
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen it, I'd give it a 8/10. Or maybe 7.5. I like the story and I especially like how there were a few episodes where they just went to school and not much happened. A bit of slice of life. Although other may just count it as a filler. Oh well.

Synaia, you want more time with the riddles or should I post the answers? You got 2 right so far. I can't tell you how many right Skizzit had since then you could just take his answers, but there are a few in there that you had wrong/didn't answer
    i'll think about it bit later :P try solve mine ^^

---------- Post added 2011-10-09 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    About to watch C3 episode two right meow myself so I will see what you all are talking about on the opening. Still can't wait for Guilty Crown next week.

if you don't notice, i'm going .......
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Just seen Ben-To and Fate/Zero. Bent-To looks fun so far. And Fate/Zero, Assasin is out of the game already, or is he just knocked out? Oh and Caster is some kind of Ctulu worshipper?
    Last edited by mmoc0ad294ce9c; 2011-10-09 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    Just seen Ben-To and Fate/Zero. Bent-To looks fun so far. And Fate/Zero, Assasin is out of the game already, or is he just knocked out? Oh and Caster is some kind of Ctulu worshipper?
    idk assisin has been pretty screwed there and about caster, yup seems so
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to spoil myself with caster but I'll hold back to watch the anime :P.
    [CENTER]

Ok C3 was interesting... Fear looked freaky at the end. I just don't think the show is what I expected but it is still pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Ok C3 was interesting... Fear looked freaky at the end. I just don't think the show is what I expected but it is still pretty good.
    seen the reference?, well it's not really a reference but you know what i mean.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-10-09 at 01:28 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai is pretty entertaining aswell.

The mal site renamed Fate/Zero to Fate/Zero Season 1. There's gonna be another season of it already? Only 2 have aired...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai is pretty entertaining aswell.

The mal site renamed Fate/Zero to Fate/Zero Season 1. There's gonna be another season of it already? Only 2 have aired...
    sort of seems they are splitting the 25episodes of Fate/Zero. 12-13episodes this season and the other 12-13episodes in spring 2012
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/11741/Fate/zero_2nd_Season

why they don't go for a full 25ep this season idk

TLDR: it's just split into 2 s2 gonna start at ep14 and not at ep1
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-10-09 at 01:43 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Aslong they dont end on a huge cliffhanger im fine whit it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    My turn got some more: (not for beginners and it's about mathematics :P)

.1 According to experts the first 4 moves in a chess game can be played in 197299 totally different ways. If it takes 30 seconds to make one move, how long would it take one player to try every possible set of 4 moves? My brain is bleeding by just thinking about it. But um, 197299 * 30 / 60 to get the minutes? I suck at math.

2. The Riddler has left a clue for Batman to follow at the scene of each crime. These are the clues that Batman has found:

(1) There is a 1 in the thousands place.
    (2) The digit in the tens place is 9 times the digit in the thousands place.
    (3) Multiply the digit in the thousands place by 2.
    (4) The digit in the ones place is a hand without a thumb.
    (5) The digit in the hundreds is 2 less than the number in the tens.

Solve the riddle to find the number and help Batman stop the Riddler. 2794? Or if you do step 3 before 2, it becomes 2022 I think

3. If Jane is older than Kim, Kim is older than Shawn. Shawn is younger than Jane and Rachel is older than Jane

List the people from oldest to youngest. Rachel, Jane, Kim, Shawn?

4. An ice cream stand has nine different flavours. A group of children come to the stand and each buys a double scoop cone with two flavours of ice cream. If none of the children choose the same combination of flavours, and every different combination of flavors is chosen, how many children are there?

FLAVOURS

1 Vanilla
    2 Maple
    3 Chocolate
    4 Tiger
    5 Raspberry
    6 Strawberry
    7 Coffee
    8 Moon Mist
    9 Cherry Vanilla
    Why are you doing this to me, have I hurt you in some way? MY BRAIN. IT'S BLEEEEEEDING D: Just guessing: 9 children.

5. A grocery store has a sale on bananas. If you buy six bananas you get the sale price. If the grocer has 489 bananas how many bunches of six can he sell at his sale price? In this case how many can be sold at the regular price? (there had to be one about bananas) Errr, not sure how to solve this one either. All this math, man. Hm, 489/6 is 81.5...So 81 bunches of six? Leaving 1 banana to be sold at regular price? Feels like I'm way out of my league here. Or maybe it's 80 bunches of six to get that 1 banana.. Brain in overdrive.

6. Sixteen players enter a tennis tournament. If there can be no draws how many games must be played if each player can be eliminated by one loss.
    17 games?

7. Nobody knows how old Aunt Helen is but she gave a few hints. She had passed 1/20 of her life before she started school. She spent 3/20 of her life in school; She worked for 1/10 of her life before she got married. She was married for 2/5 of her life. Her husband died after 7/10 of her life.

From reading Uncle Harry's gravestone you find out that she has been a widow for 24 years.

How old is Aunt Helen? I don't get the numbers to match up, according to my awesome calculations she should be dead..

8. Rachel opened her math book and found that the sum of the facing pages was 243. What pages did she open to?Couldn't that be anything? Like 240 and 3?
    Meh, I'm the riddle-master in the way that my riddles are good, but I can't solve shit
    Cave Cave Deus Videt