Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Please tell me your reading that :<
    When the spiderguy popped up i simply put the anime down to rest :/
    So you didn't watch beyond the first episode? The anime and the manga are both very well done actually. It's a lot more political than pure action.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    So you didn't watch beyond the first episode? The anime and the manga are both very well done actually. It's a lot more political than pure action.
    Possibly premature to call it off after, wasnt first episode thou but i only have a recollection of that particular scene... the trailer had the manga story line, which the anime smashed into tiny pieces in meer minutes. I might actully take a peek again at it... love the manga and the story behind it, knowing that the anime wouldnt be as awesome killed it off for me when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Possibly premature to call it off after, wasnt first episode thou but i only have a recollection of that particular scene... but the trailer had the manga story line, which the anime smashed into tiny pieces in meer minutes. I might actully take a peek again at it... love the manga and the story behind it, knowing that the anime wouldnt be as awesome killed it off for me when it was released.
    The anime's only real difference is Mei Ren. The rest of the stuff I had assumed would have been in a season 2 if it ever aired.

And it was the second episode where the spider appeared. I follow a policy of 3 episodes per anime to get me into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    ---------- Post added 2010-11-14 at 12:46 AM ----------
    And you forgot Full Metal Alchemist!
    THIS!!
    I have recently watched the first FMA and have to say, I loved it very much

I am considering watching brotherhood but I am not sure...
    Last edited by Jaqera; 2011-01-02 at 09:28 PM.

Needs a LOT more Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch

---------- Post added 2011-01-02 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqera View Post
    THIS!!

Brotherhood is like better then the original... I was surprised

One that deserves a spot in this thread is "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann". Best. Anime. Ever. Created.
    I cant seem to find any other anime after watching it beeing good.. Destroyed my whole life.

The anime's only real difference is Mei Ren. The rest of the stuff I had assumed would have been in a season 2 if it ever aired.

And it was the second episode where the spider appeared. I follow a policy of 3 episodes per anime to get me into it.
    You actually had me looking up what was different, thats quite a swap, no biggie thou (lack of grown ladies i guess?).. There are however changes, many in the begining, how they reunite and their standings then and the ending (yes i looked it up, seeing as theres not a huge difference i know the main story) a mention of a certain someone that she served made my eyebrown frown a bit when the person was revealed.. BUT its apparently not too much. Theres alot of small stuff changed, i do see your point thou and it could be a relativly good watch.

And if a second came out id say it probaly would diverge more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptacizob View Post
    Anyone who says that doesnt like shonen is a big big liar!
    The biggest problem with shounen is the rtards they attract, it's like moths to light. Shounen can be fun to watch.
    Seinen = K-ON! / Dance in the Vampire Bund
    K-ON! is a slice of life comedy, not a seinen.

Well come the end of the week and the begining of next week we have a load of new anime to watch. http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=calendar
    Theres atleast a few on there that have me intrested, IS: Infinite Stratos, Freezing, Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu!, Dragon Crisis! and Level E...will give the others a whirl aswell but those are the ones that are intresting me atm.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flying on my Celestial Steed through rainbows eating delicious rainbow coloured marmalade.
    I like the Hellsing animes, manga and OVA, am i the only one that likes watching a badass vampire shoot the shit out of zombies and more zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurrag View Post
    K-ON! is a slice of life comedy, not a seinen.
    Seinen refers to the market demographics that the anime/manga targets.
    Slice of life is the category of the anime/manga.

They refer to different things.

I personally enjoy the more action-y animes, I watch Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto Shippuden regularly. I also very much enjoyed Code Geass and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

Deleted
    Seinen refers to the market demographics that the anime/manga targets.
    Slice of life is the category of the anime/manga.

They refer to different things.
    Seinen is both a genre and a market demographics, the former amongst non-Japanese anime fans and latter in Japan. That still doesn't make K-On a seinen though, considering it's aimed at Japanese otaku and not the seinen demographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Well come the end of the week and the begining of next week we have a load of new anime to watch. http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=calendar
    Theres atleast a few on there that have me intrested, IS: Infinite Stratos, Freezing, Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu!, Dragon Crisis! and Level E...will give the others a whirl aswell but those are the ones that are intresting me atm.
    I'll definitely be checking out Gosick, Mitsudomoe, Kimi ni Todoke, Fractale and Hourou Musouko

Seinen is both a genre and a market demographics, the former amongst non-Japanese anime fans and latter in Japan. That still doesn't make K-On a seinen though, considering it's aimed at Japanese otaku and not the seinen demographic.
    From every reference I've looked at K-ON! is categorized as a Seinen. Plus looking at the age group of the people who watch it I would have to agree.

If you were to mention Seinen and Shonen together then yes they would be considered genres. But by mentioning it along with the Slice of Life categorization Sheien and Shonen now become referred to as market demographics with Slice of Life being referred to as the genre. It's a matter of context that determines what meaning holds true.

Deleted
    From every reference I've looked at K-ON! is categorized as a Seinen. Plus looking at the age group of the people who watch it I would have to agree.
    From every reference I've looked at K-ON isn't categorized as a seinen . I'll repeat K-On is aimed at otaku. Let me remind you otaku aren't bound by age, seinen is 'limited' to just young adults.
    If you were to mention Seinen and Shonen together then yes they would be considered genres. .
    I'll repeat what I said:
    Seinen is both a genre and a market demographics, the former amongst non-Japanese anime fans and latter in Japan. The same holds true for shoujo, shounen and josei. There's no need for context amongst non-Japanese fans.

Seriously man please work on your reading comprehension skill, it feels like I'm talking to someone who isn't reading what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Scrolling throu the calendar i see quite a few ive read... few suprises in here.

IS, Freezing, Dragon Crisis, Level E, High School of the Dead, Moshidora, Rio, Beelzebub, Kore wa Zombie desuka? and Toriko sounds like ill be keeping track on so far. Ill be checking in on all releases i find thou.

Deleted
    Gyah~... it's been a while since i've gotten headaches from anime... and now i can't stop watching Kanon anymore -.- just finished episode 13 btw, and my head gets all fuzzy and uguu~....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaqera View Post
    THIS!!

Disregard first season, acquire Brotherhood

Also, opinions on star driver? I can't bring myself to continue after the first episode.
    Last edited by Deralte; 2011-01-03 at 02:07 AM.

Deleted
    I recomend whatver that I have given 8+ score on my list http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mear89 ^^

I'll definitely be checking out Gosick, Mitsudomoe, Kimi ni Todoke, Fractale and Hourou Musouko
    shonen -male audience 10-18
    Shoujo -female audience 10-18

seinen - male audience 18-30or more
    josei - female audience 18-30or more

K-on is a seinen in this case since it catters to the male audience between 18-30 specifically and offers fan-service.

Shonen series are generally devined by a a male protagonist in a competitive environment such as sports,fighting or love. (Hajime no ippo, bleach, love hina)
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.